DRDO and PSU's

Yea, the US even has export restriction on 3rd gen NVG optics/intensifiers (defined by FOP > 1600). BEL knows this. They were begging Photonis for 3rd gen tech 10 years ago, and still seem to be begging for it. Why would such companies hand over their prized research? Have they even hired a single PHD grad to research on this? I think this is where you can really see the difference between cheeni and us. Other than manufacturing the chinese virus, Wuhan is also known for its world class optics research/manufacturing hub. The chinese govt set up an entire sub-city called optics valley starting from the early 1990s

View attachment 3267
There were multiple boosters for this. First was setting up universities and research labs. Look at the scale it has grown to today

View attachment 3268

Factories slowly started springing up, mainly producing optical stuff and then spreading out to all things optics and lasers, from biosensors to intensifiers and lenses and so on. I think the industrial output here is a few lakh crores with hundreds of factories and companies concentrating in optoelectronics. This is actually the level of focus you need to cultivate a strong industrial and research sector. Sometime people including me expect too much from local companies like BEL. Not even 1% of this network exists here and govt seems disinterested.
Imo its okay to take older tech rn, especially since current Bel nvg is Vietnam era. But yeah, intensifiers need to be worked on for decades to get us to speed. If we want to speed it up, could try doing some work in digital nvgs

It seems devlopment of radar isn't completed yet ,after devlopment radar will require around 2 year of testing ,earlier deadline was 2026 to complete all of this but it seems delayed ,I suppose first super sukhoi won't fly before ~2028
The Uttam AESA is a scalable radar, so development of it should take a lot of time.
Also, selecting the DcPP right now will ensure a smooth transition from LRIP to bulk production for the Super Sukhoi upgrade.
I think the 2026 timeline is very much achievable if both DRDO and IAF jointly carry out Development-cum-User trials.

You all might know this but THIS ATTITUDE OF OVER TESTING is killing indigineous industry.
There have been ample evidences when the same Indian Armed forces in past has taken substandard foreign products and then added equipments later on them to make weapon perfect but the same courtesy is never shown for indigineous products.

For that SARDARJI of IAF, somebody tell him, the mig-21, gnats, ouragans, etc. when they were introduced were not complete but were made complete through multiple iterations.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back