DRDO and PSU's

As usual UN Generals just fooled you.

This is Heron mk1, Heron MK2 is just armed version. This delivered in 2023 ( Not few weeks )

View: https://twitter.com/ANI/status/1690542027518472192?t=HokfYs2ATNr_-HROs2TGsg&s=19

This Heron MK2 (IAI Eitan) for your reference. Check dimensions. It is altogether a different UAV.

View attachment 9644

Basically your Heron mk1 and MK2 are the same UAV.

I think thats Mk2 only. Heron mk1 has flatter nose.
My only gripe is when did IA jurnails learnt that they would need a turbo prop for better SAR coverage, And were they willing to shower the money for domestic replacement with a turbo prop engine as happily as they opened their bleeding butthole for the imported ones.

Soft credit = Basically free.

Also I don't think LCH is a great choice for Nigeria. Light attack helicopters will get chewed up in MANPAD rich environments.

Heavier attack helicopters like Mi-35s are better which can take 50-cal bullets at face and survive. The advantage of LCH is not in attacking and tanking damage but in service-ceilling and mountain warfare scenarios where other heavier helicopters fail miserably.

Also I don't think LCH is a great choice for Nigeria. Light attack helicopters will get chewed up in MANPAD rich environments.

Heavier attack helicopters like Mi-35s are better which can take 50-cal bullets at face and survive. The advantage of LCH is not in attacking and tanking damage but in service-ceilling and mountain warfare scenarios where other heavier helicopters fail miserably.

Not free but low intrest rate. We can import some crude oil from them anytime.

I think thats Mk2 only. Heron mk1 has flatter nose.
My only gripe is when did IA jurnails learnt that they would need a turbo prop for better SAR coverage, And were they willing to shower the money for domestic replacement with a turbo prop engine as happily as they opened their bleeding butthole for the imported ones.

Simply I wanted to say that Heron MK2 is not a IAI Eitan.

Heron MK2 is equivalent to TAPAS and Eitan is equivalent to MQ9

Weird flex Nigeria, but okay, I'm all in
View attachment 9699

We operate Apache with T-90... Muricans must've felt the same 🥲

Heavier attack helicopters like Mi-35s are better which can take 50-cal bullets at face and survive.

LCH is better armoured that Mi-35 by being sleek & using ceramic plates to keep weight in check... It was stated multiple times here & there back then. Also got better EW & MAWS.

"The pilots’ area was designed to withstand a direct hit at 90 degrees from a 12.7 mm armour-piercing round. To put that in perspective (Perspex-tive… Ha! Ha!) some of the IAF Mi-35s, which were deployed in Congo, took hits from 12.7 mm AP rounds. They penetrated right through the armoured glass of the Mi-35. And that’s a much heavier machine."

Last edited:

Nah, if you are talking about MANPADs, then even heavy attack choppers like the Hinds and Apaches wouldn't be of much use. We've seen this many times in the Russo-Ukrainian war already.

We operate Apache with T-90... Muricans must've felt the same 🥲

LCH is better armoured that Mi-35 by being sleek & using ceramic plates to keep weight in check... It was stated multiple times here & there back then. Also got better EW & MAWS.

"The pilots’ area was designed to withstand a direct hit at 90 degrees from a 12.7 mm armour-piercing round. To put that in perspective (Perspex-tive… Ha! Ha!) some of the IAF Mi-35s, which were deployed in Congo, took hits from 12.7 mm AP rounds. They penetrated right through the armoured glass of the Mi-35. And that’s a much heavier machine."

People often times make the mistake of thinking heavier weight would automatically translate to thicker armor. What they fail to account for is the relative size of the weapon platforms they are comparing, and that sometimes includes the 'professionals' as well.

People often times make the mistake of thinking heavier weight would automatically translate to thicker armor. What they fail to account for is the relative size of the weapon platforms they are comparing, and that sometimes includes the 'professionals' as well.

I call it Arjun Paradox 🤣 some shit are just biggg

That's actually opposite for manpad threat. When it comes light vs heavy.
Most important thing terrorist don't have air defence which could have forced combat hellos to fly low. So even mi35 is safe there remember it had very high ir signature. In afganistan they were falling alot coz of stinger.
If aircrafts are flying at high altitude manpads can't track them most of, while engaging enemy they will be in the manpad cover. As of now no mi35 has bing shot down in Nigeria by manpad.

Now lch prachand is best choice if the threat perception is manpad.

The more heavier the hello is the more powerfull engines are used and the more exhaust is released which increases ir signatur making aircraft prone to manpads. In heavy hellos this is huge. Modern mi35 comes with ir suppressor which does reduce but isn't enough they have been targetted in Ukraine too.

While lch being the lightest will have least exhaust among this hellos reducing it's ir signature. If that wasn't enough they have put a powerfull IR suppressor which suppresses IR signature very significantly so much that beyond 1 km manpads can't lock on it.

That's huge

While heavy hellos like Apache do come with suppressors too but they will not have as much ir stealth lch has.
Kargil taught us well what we need.
While hellos like t129 don't have any ir suppressors as they were never originally designed (a129).
Hellos do posses maws to counter manpads
As soon as a missile launch is detected it tiggers flares release many time saving the aircraft.
However this doesnt guarantee In Ukraine many such hellos were shot down missile launch can't be detected all the time and even manpad will go for flare can't be guaranteed all the times.

lch prachand is the best attack helicopters in its category.
And serves well everywhere. It just lacks maws & radar warning receivers for now. Earlier they had put the same saab's suit which was also used in rudra but drdo came in and serial aircrafts will have them. Ig it should perform better than existing sensor on rudra.

Prachand won't be delivered without it to Nigeria so thats another layer of safety.

Here is the video of chief test pilot wing cmdr unni pillai listen from 49:40
' u have to be very close to get a lock under a km'
This is something which generally gets neglected.

View: https://youtu.be/0V-2ZoBC7GE?feature=shared

That's actually opposite for manpad threat. When it comes light vs heavy.
Most important thing terrorist don't have air defence which could have forced combat hellos to fly low. So even mi35 is safe there remember it had very high ir signature. In afganistan they were falling alot coz of stinger.
If aircrafts are flying at high altitude manpads can't track them most of, while engaging enemy they will be in the manpad cover. As of now no mi35 has bing shot down in Nigeria by manpad.

Now lch prachand is best choice if the threat perception is manpad.

The more heavier the hello is the more powerfull engines are used and the more exhaust is released which increases ir signatur making aircraft prone to manpads. In heavy hellos this is huge. Modern mi35 comes with ir suppressor which does reduce but isn't enough they have been targetted in Ukraine too.

While lch being the lightest will have least exhaust among this hellos reducing it's ir signature. If that wasn't enough they have put a powerfull IR suppressor which suppresses IR signature very significantly so much that beyond 1 km manpads can't lock on it.

That's huge

While heavy hellos like Apache do come with suppressors too but they will not have as much ir stealth lch has.
Kargil taught us well what we need.
While hellos like t129 don't have any ir suppressors as they were never originally designed (a129).
Hellos do posses maws to counter manpads
As soon as a missile launch is detected it tiggers flares release many time saving the aircraft.
However this doesnt guarantee In Ukraine many such hellos were shot down missile launch can't be detected all the time and even manpad will go for flare can't be guaranteed all the times.

lch prachand is the best attack helicopters in its category.
And serves well everywhere. It just lacks maws & radar warning receivers for now. Earlier they had put the same saab's suit which was also used in rudra but drdo came in and serial aircrafts will have them. Ig it should perform better than existing sensor on rudra.

Prachand won't be delivered without it to Nigeria so thats another layer of safety.

Here is the video of chief test pilot wing cmdr unni pillai listen from 49:40
' u have to be very close to get a lock under a km'
This is something which generally gets neglected.

View: https://youtu.be/0V-2ZoBC7GE?feature=shared

It needs the much needed self protection suite along with a radar jammer for protection against short range sam system FCRs, basically jamming and spoofing them, if they can accommodate it. Maybe can be used for detecting and jamming drones.
DIRCM is needed as well.
Also, even Z-19 is having FCR, Lch also can do that and integrate new gen weapons such as NLOS missiles/atgms, air launched UAVs and loitering munitions as well as MUM-T concept.
1726601163169.png

1726602248278.png
*Le Indian Army- Saar, Pinaka bery bery heavy Saar, we need lighter system like HIMARS. No more orders for pinaka.

*Le Indian Army releases rfi after rfi and finally emergency buys a few HIMARS.

While at the same time Chinese indicts a ton of SR-5 medium MLRS and PHL-16 heavy MLRS.

Common Indian forces procurement 'L'.

Now this is obviously a joke but the most absurd thing is if this comes true I won't be surprised at all, not even a bit. It's already an unreasonable environment here.

View attachment 9756
*Le Indian Army- Saar, Pinaka bery bery heavy Saar, we need lighter system like HIMARS. No more orders for pinaka.

*Le Indian Army releases rfi after rfi and finally emergency buys a few HIMARS.

While at the same time Chinese indicts a ton of SR-5 medium MLRS and PHL-16 heavy MLRS.

Common Indian forces procurement 'L'.

Now this is obviously a joke but the most absurd thing is if this comes true I won't be surprised at all, not even a bit. It's already an unreasonable environment here.
For weight factor I won't comment but longer range (phl6 class) are being developed indigenously.
Phl6 is 140km class system. Pinnaka family getting larger

It needs the much needed self protection suite along with a radar jammer for protection against short range sam system FCRs, basically jamming and spoofing them, if they can accommodate it. Maybe can be used for detecting and jamming drones.
DIRCM is needed as well.
Also, even Z-19 is having FCR, Lch also can do that and integrate new gen weapons such as NLOS missiles/atgms, air launched UAVs and loitering munitions as well as MUM-T concept.
View attachment 9753
You're instigating my imagination I don't wanna start now 🙂

Loitering munitions will be integrated it's the new requirement put by forces. We have some tube launched loitering munitions already developed. It shouldn't take time but when will deliveries began.
What happened to 156nos orderd
Dont know how reliable this is but came into my feed.

View: https://youtu.be/jxLyeXNIxag?feature=shared

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back