DRDO and PSU's

> The deal was signed more than two years ago in 2022 when there was no indigenous counterpart.
> Fun fact, even today we don't have a 1:1 counterpart. Gautham is a 500kg guided bomb and Gaurav is a 1000kg glide bomb. JDAM-ER is a glide bomb in 250-1000kg class.
> It's my theory so take it at your own risk. JDAM-ER is a "kit" which you can attach to any compatible Mark-80 serious bomb according to the requirement but Gaurav seems to be more like a custom build munition.

> Another interesting fact;
Gautam is made by Gautam...hehehe

> The deal was signed more than two years ago in 2022 when there was no indigenous counterpart.
> Fun fact, even today we don't have a 1:1 counterpart. Gautham is a 500kg guided bomb and Gaurav is a 1000kg glide bomb. JDAM-ER is a glide bomb in 250-1000kg class.
> It's my theory so take it at your own risk. JDAM-ER is a "kit" which you can attach to any compatible Mark-80 serious bomb according to the requirement but Gaurav seems to be more like a custom build munition.
Your theory makes sense to me

A serious question...what exactly would be the use case of a 250km ranged, 100kg payload, LOS UAV?
A worst Shahed-238!?
Are bhai jab indigenous drones main itne lale pade ho toh kuch bhi induct ho chalega
Atleast we will use manik instead of saturn engine
Atleast kuch to industry develop ho

Any idea of cost of JDAM Er kits vs Gaurav glide bombs? If comparable I don't see any rationale in giving orders to US military industrial complex

TARA (250,450,500) ?

1729693659550.png

drdo 2023 press release.

Screenshot 2024-10-23 at 8.00.51 PM.png

Any idea of cost of JDAM Er kits vs Gaurav glide bombs? If comparable I don't see any rationale in giving orders to US military industrial complex
Again, completely my theory...so be careful

For a good amount of time Gaurav is going to be slightly expensive than JDAM-ER.
The reason being that as of now more than 3,00,000 JDAMs have already been produced so economies of scale would make it way cheaper than Gaurav/Gautham which is yet to get even the first big order. But then the fact that Indian tech is slightly cheaper than US would lower the price of Gaurav too. And lastly the fact that JDAM is just a kit added to a Mk-80 bomb that's been produced by the millions as compared to Gaurav, which is custom made munitions would lower JDAM's price a bit.

In last fiscal report the cost of JDAM (average cost combining all variants) was $22,000. As for Gaurav/Gautham it's hard to get numbers until an actual order is placed.
we don't have
AON, then prototyping, captive flight, inert testing, actual testing, RFI for ToT, RFP, evaluation, L1, actual transfer of technology, production starts...
Vs
Atleast for now, Tejas is actually flying with a long range PGM

There's another reason you'd see a lot of Israeli US & European weapons integrated into the Tejas to begin with followed by the MKI & some if not the rest of the FAs in our inventory which is we plan to export the Tejas so a diverse basket of weapons integrated on to the Tejas should make it an attractive proposition as if you were to undertake such integration later as per the customer's requirements it's not only time consuming it also costs a fortune.

The second & unstated reason being if we're due for a war with the Chinese we will need to rely on external stores to an extent as our mfg prowess will never equal that of China's & you don't go about integrating such weapons in the middle of a war .

A serious question...what exactly would be the use case of a 250km ranged, 100kg payload, LOS UAV?
A worst Shahed-238!?
Who said 250km ranged ????
What is you're source.
It is flying wing design, a flying wing design of this size would be super stealthy, with Isr equipment integrated conformally maintaining stealth would boost intelligence. Ig something like eots or maybe with sar. it will be rq 170 equivalent.

Anyways can u provide some source for 250km.

Even if its 250km Ig still it would be alot for western front along Punjab, Jammu, Rajasthan etc.
It's flying wing I suppose it's endurance should be good. Should go below 6-7hrs in Worst case scenarios.

Who said 250km ranged ????
What is you're source.
It is flying wing design, a flying wing design of this size would be super stealthy, with Isr equipment integrated conformally maintaining stealth would boost intelligence. Ig something like eots or maybe with sar. it will be rq 170 equivalent.

Anyways can u provide some source for 250km.

Even if its 250km Ig still it would be alot for western front along Punjab, Jammu, Rajasthan etc.
It's flying wing I suppose it's endurance should be good. Should go below 6-7hrs in Worst case scenarios.
It's an 1t class UAV
The landing gears used on it are bigger and bulkier than they need to be because Stealth Wing Flying Testbed...so they'll eat up more weight than normal