DRDO and PSU's

TATA must have also played their cards well, they are already supplying trucks to Morocco, so definitely they during their meetings might had brought WHAP capability, it's trust factor mainly that matters.

This is what happens when a MNC take charge, they don't have to run to shift files here and there unlike unfortunate PSUs, TATAs are literally one of the most important MNCs of India.
Most importantly the PSU babus don't have anything for them to perform beyond expectations. Its not like they will get a hike or something. Its not a bug but a feature. Whereas every single rupee brought in will be rewarded for a private company employee.

View attachment 10734
This ig then netra was better approach.
I would say now is the time for 360' idli on airbus. Today it is possible. But I don't understand then why did airforce first ask drdo to build a netra like platforms with a big nose mounted radar.
And a netra mk1 like on dorsal side.
View attachment 10736
But then now why this UN airmarshals want a 360' dome awacs. They already gave there requirements which were a platform like seen above ?

Anyways here are some avro idli pics.
It was better that they stopped this program and initiated netra but unfortunately genrols being un genrols they do nothing better. Did not order in enough. Cherry on top the firm was also blacklisted. Even then they could have procured second hand platforms to make netra.
Avro was very unstable the radome collapsed and caused the it crash in 1999. After this netra was initiated a bit late though.
The question is why do they want a 360' now why did they Ask drdo for a nose mounted + netra like platforms instead.

UN genrols always had requirement for completely imported 360 rotating radome
As the avro project got discontinued they got chance to import
But it wasn't cost sustainable that's why cheaper netra mk1 was made
And netra mk2 was obvious choice coz that's the only thing closer production and established supply chain that's why a good decision
Infact drdo continued the development of 360° rotating radome let's see if they integrate that on a platform

With AESA the radome doesn't have rotate anymore. Thats why big part of stability issue might've been become irrelevant now and we could see swift development and induction period. And for Netra 2, that's not going anywhere.

TATA must have also played their cards well, they are already supplying trucks to Morocco, so definitely they during their meetings might had brought WHAP capability, it's trust factor mainly that matters.

This is what happens when a MNC take charge, they don't have to run to shift files here and there unlike unfortunate PSUs, TATAs are literally one of the most important MNCs of India.

It's about message UN Generals are sending to private sector. TATA is a big company they can absorb the impact if IA rejected the WHAP but think about small company will they risk investment in defence??

It's about message UN Generals are sending to private sector. TATA is a big company they can absorb the impact if IA rejected the WHAP but think about small company will they risk investment in defence??
Nah, they from now on will just feel easy whenever a private MNC will tell them "together we can export too", it helps, thanks to MKU for mass starting the trend.

Please keep these threads devoid of your general discussion of fights.

Take that to Chit-Chat thread instead.

So thats why France is coming for jv on submarine and jet engine i was saying from the start american , Russian and french all are snakes trying to leach money from us in name of TOT we aren't going to et any tech we have to devlop it
Well samething happened for Shakti engines that now HTSE-1200 got online and nearing final finishes. The French thought they will get 0 revenue from holding back IP, so they gave everything.

Nah, they from now on will just feel easy whenever a private MNC will tell them "together we can export too", it helps, thanks to MKU for mass starting the trend.

Due to India's non alignment policy, India has great potential to become major Weapons exporter.

Israeli are importing a lots, Africans seeking weapons and training from India.

India also need a pro India media house on Global level, BBC, CNN or Russian Today

Why can't we have good TELs for our missiles and I am not even talking about the big wheeled Chinese and Russian ones, even koreans are making better TELs....

View: https://x.com/TheDeadDistrict/status/1841006886239322326

There’s never been a serious push for TELs because our priority has always been nuclear subs. The government knows TELs can’t guarantee a retaliatory strike—they need time to mate warheads—let alone relying on static ICBM sites. That’s why they’re focused on ensuring a second-strike capability with nuclear subs.

Now, South Korea needs TELs because they don’t have nukes and are relying on conventional warheads, so it makes sense for them. It’s not like we lack the talent or capability; it’s just not our main focus.

Why can't we have good TELs for our missiles and I am not even talking about the big wheeled Chinese and Russian ones, even koreans are making better TELs....

View: https://x.com/TheDeadDistrict/status/1841006886239322326

Chill Mate...you don't need an ICBM TEL capable of traversing the rough terrain of the Deccan Plateau. Heck you don't even need a TEL if you've a good ADS system.
Tell me when was the last time US fielded a TEL based ICBM? Even in the most hostile phase of Cold War, they're happy with their silo based launcher.

These are just two different schools of thoughts; wait, let me pull out my onion real quick
httpsdefenceforum(1).jpg
The Russian/Chinese/Korean philosophy revolves around strengthening the first two layers of the onion by making it more mobile. But with modern technologies like submeter satellites, multi-spectral imagining and SAR/inverse-SAR these doesn't matter much. And as soon as the first two layers are compromised it's just a matter of time for these systems. A Reaper with a Hellfire or heck even a 5-men team with ATGMs can neutralize it. (Interestingly the later have been successfully implemented multiple times. You can look about the "Scud hunters" groups of Delta Force and SAS).

The American/West/to some extent ours doctrine is to focus on the later of the two rings. So even a raccoon with Google maps would know that where exactly are the Minuteman silos in Vandenberg AFB but would be unable to engage them. But here also, as soon as you penetrate the ADS all the missiles are sitting ducks.

Both have their merits and demerits but end of the day they're just using different ways to achieve the same last layer of the onion...don't get killed.

I know our launchers...
Screenshot_2024-10-01-17-20-18-44_6bcd734b3b4b52977458a65c801426b0.jpg
...look like a commercial truck is being forcibly used to pull a giant missile with tiny wheel because we're poor. And definitely not as menacing as the Russian ones with giant wheels
Screenshot_2024-10-01-17-18-58-76_6bcd734b3b4b52977458a65c801426b0.jpg
But trust me, there's absolutely nothing wrong with it. Let me introduce Typhon
It's America's newest TEL and see how it also seems like a small truck is pulling a giant missile with even more tiny wheel.
Screenshot_2024-10-01-17-18-19-86_6bcd734b3b4b52977458a65c801426b0.jpg
These off-road capable TELs are more suited for shorter ranged tactical missiles like ATACMS/Iskander/Prithvi. And trust me, we've been there done that since the 90s
Screenshot_2024-10-01-17-28-35-44_6bcd734b3b4b52977458a65c801426b0.jpg

In another context, does IAF top brass think its too lowly of them to have something like Air Force Research Laboratory AFRL like USAF? Afterall they regularly salivate at foreign maal, don't they try to learn something from foreign AFs?

You don't even need to go to phoren lands, the Navy itself has something like this where the afsars there design the ships and then contract some PSU shipbuilder to turn design into actual ship.

Navy afsars are even cooperative with BEL incase they need some atmanirbhar electronics that have to go in the ships.

Navy also is cooperating with BHEL and Bharat Forge for domestic manufacture of marine gas turbines
https://idrw.org/indian-navy-to-work-on-ppp-model-to-develop-marine-gas-turbine-for-warships/

Ofc the Airforce wants F16s now that the Russian gravy train has stopped, no Tejas, No Tejas Mk2

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back