Electronic and Home Appliances Thread

SKC

Lord Mithun Devotee!
Administrator
Post your enquires and suggestions related to Electronic and Home Appliances here

Guys, My dad's 7 yr old HP laptop cranked off yesterday. Sent it to out trusty electronics repair person. He checked and informed the Motherboard is beyond saving and no need to spend anything on this old laptop now.
It was one of the poorly manufactured Laptop which was priced cheap at the time and we bought it for my father's business work - generating and printing bills, sending quotations and some documentation work.

It came with 6th gen i3 with only 4GB ram. It started showing its age withing 3 year of purchase and I upgraded it 2 years back with 8GB more ram and a entry level SSD. It extended its age by 3 more year but finally it died.

Now I want to buy a new platform: Either a Tablet (iPad preferable) or another laptop (chromebook or windows laptop).

Please suggest options from both. What would be cheapest later generation iPad (without the ugly touch sensor in front and huge bezels) in India?? and Comparable Chromebook or Laptop?​

Guys, My dad's 7 yr old HP laptop cranked off yesterday. Sent it to out trusty electronics repair person. He checked and informed the Motherboard is beyond saving and no need to spend anything on this old laptop now.
It was one of the poorly manufactured Laptop which was priced cheap at the time and we bought it for my father's business work - generating and printing bills, sending quotations and some documentation work.

It came with 6th gen i3 with only 4GB ram. It started showing its age withing 3 year of purchase and I upgraded it 2 years back with 8GB more ram and a entry level SSD. It extended its age by 3 more year but finally it died.

Now I want to buy a new platform: Either a Tablet (iPad preferable) or another laptop (chromebook or windows laptop).

Please suggest options from both. What would be cheapest later generation iPad (without the ugly touch sensor in front and huge bezels) in India?? and Comparable Chromebook or Laptop?​
For basic work like printing bills and sending quotations etc, I would suggest going with Lenovo Ideapad 3/IdeaPas Slim 3i. Does the job and is not costly. 13th Gen I3/I5/I7

Last edited:
Reactions: SKC
For basic work like printing bills and sending quotations etc, I would suggest going with Lenovo Ideapad 3/IdeaPas Slim 3i. Does the job and is not costly. 13 Gen I3/I5/I7
Thanks!

Please share some Tablet options too. It seems Dad has never been fan of Laptops and always find them bulky. He is from generation who loved physical registers/books and would have love to continue everything manual if I had not put my foot and moved everything online.

Tablet would keep him more interested in keeping things off manual registers.​

Thanks!

Please share some Tablet options too. It seems Dad has never been fan of Laptops and always find them bulky. He is from generation who loved physical registers/books and would have love to continue everything manual if I had not put my foot and moved everything online.

Buying a 1.5kg i3-12gen laptop will be best. from 12 gen itself Intel started giving bigLittle clusters for good battery.

Otherwise even with light weight tablets you will need thick back cover/keyboard cover making the weight 1kg.

Thanks!

I use a used Surface GO 2 for my everyday carry. It works fine. You could also look for options like Lenovo ideapad Duet 3.
You could also look at Samsung Galaxy A series and S9FE tablets.
Make sure you check for peripheral connectivity in all of them for ease of connecting or sharing etc.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back