-EOTech EXPS3 sobre rail Unity Riser-
Magnificador EOTech G44-
Rail SAG AK MK3 Freefloat Chasis-
Laser SOT Aspid-
Culata Magpul Zhukov-S
IMG_2001.jpeg
IMG_1999.jpeg
MARCOs AK 103 1728868677507.png

Recoil is not that unbearable for 556 lmgs.
As for 762 and higher caliber they are generally setup with their own tripods that throw recoil out of the equation.
what about when trying to fire from shoulder? Our Sigs dont have tripod stand either.

what about when trying to fire from shoulder? Our Sigs dont have tripod stand either.
Machine guns rely more on a cone of fire than on accurate aiming for long distance but it's necessary to ensure stability.
While shoulder firing heavy machineguns you can't create that much stability, you can effectively engage upto a few hundered meters beyond which you will.just be laying suppression.
That's why modern squad level automatic weapons are kept in smaller calliper as they are easier to handle and can also be used effectively from the shoulder like insas lmg , m249 , rpk etc .
USMC has shifted from its M249 to M27 as according their new doctrine they focus more on accurate fire than the volume of fire .

For heavy lmgs like pkm you can do pretty well upto a limited distance like spestnaz does while shoulder firing. But that's something that needs very heavy training .

As for sigs again with proper training and a careful selection of ammunition and some modification they can also be run pretty well .
As for full auto there's grim chance that they will ever actually need to go cyclic with their rifles

Last edited:
Machine guns rely more on a cone of fire than on accurate aiming for long distance but it's necessary to ensure stability.
While shoulder firing heavy machineguns you can't create that much stability, you can effectively engage upto a few hundered meters beyond which you will.just be laying suppression.
That's why modern squad level automatic weapons are kept in smaller calliper as they are easier to handle and can also be used effectively from the shoulder like insas lmg , m249 , rpk etc .
USMC has shifted from its M249 to M27 as according their new doctrine they focus more on accurate fire than the volume of fire .

For heavy lmgs like pkm you can do pretty well upto a limited distance like spestnaz does while shoulder firing. But that's something that needs very heavy training .

As for sigs again with proper training and a careful selection of ammunition and some modification they can also be run pretty well .
As for full auto there's grim chance that they will ever actually need to go cyclic with their rifles
Thanks for answer (y)

Don’t really mind it tbh if they can pull similar quality as of sig I say that’s a win win situation
Yeah , beg borrow steal , just somehow establish a small arms local manufacturing base with no dependency on foriegn countries, but ensure quality. At this point I don't care about what % is indigenous design etc....what matters is as less dependency on foriegn components and quality and forcing IA to buy massively from local arms makers like SSS, ASTR etc...

Yeah , beg borrow steal , just somehow establish a small arms local manufacturing base with no dependency on foriegn countries, but ensure quality. At this point I don't care about what % is indigenous design etc....what matters is as less dependency on foriegn components and quality and forcing IA to buy massively from local arms makers like SSS, ASTR etc...
U know it's not that hard (at leat making a standard AR/AK pattern rifle is not )... investment is huge but only if we had reassurance of orders or a good civil market I am pretty sure many pvt players will be more than happy to enter thus sector put money .

One more pain in the ass is testing Facilities and regulations.

Screenshot_2024-10-20-01-12-44-01_0b2fce7a16bf2b728d6ffa28c8d60efb.jpg
A masterclass in IDDM

> Initially a firm by the name Counter Measures Technology came up with an agreement to locally sell and allegedly make CZ gun here in India. They all delivered a few in some state police contracts.

> Now another firm by the name Vinveli is importing these same gun from CZ and selling them. Apparently this specific contract was won by them.

> Incidentally both the firms list the same gun on their websites

> The price quoted here is ₹78,000 per gun. On CZ's official store the price quoted is $489
Usually the price quoted in civilian market is much higher than that in government tender; you can easily look this up by going through the price at which 716i is offered on SIG Sauer's website and the price at which we got it. But for the sake of keeping things cite-able I'll go with civilian price.
$489 would be about ₹42,000

Adding Landing Charge of 1%, Basic Duty of 10%, IGST of 18% and Surcharge of 10% you get a total duty of about ₹18,000
Grand total of ₹60,000; the approximate price it should have been per gun if directly imported.

Today only we were discussing...
Sometimes the prices charged by local OEMs are absolutely bonkers compared to foreign ones.
That has less to do with overcharging citizens for profit, and more to do it with making it a nightmare for civilians to own even crap firearms for self defense.
PSA : Whatever I said can be utter BS, believe at your own risk 🥱

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back