Indian Small Arms and Weapons

Pinned!?
My brother in Ram no one even uses that term. Pinning is used only when the law bans detachable muzzle devices or you need to increase the barrel length to comply.

Sako uses a split screw muzzle brake where you first screw in the muzzle brake using its threads and then clamp down the two hex screws to lock it in place.
View attachment 10217
Also there's a third tiny slotted screw on top which is used to secure a mirage band.
1000067057.jpg

What do you think?

Nice toob. Round. Shiney. Black colour rocks. Excellent texture.

C'mon Yaar, not even Hiram Maxim can tell shit by just looking at a suppressor from outside. One needs to see the internal structure and baffles, that's the only thing that matters.
Won't be getting that anytime soon maybe at def expo of we have someone from here go there but aabhi to def expo ka hi kia hoga god knows

What barrel length is that? 10.5? Or less?

With 5.56, need to be very careful with velocity, else performance on target is shit.
Likely between 10.5 to 12 inches X-95 is 16.5 so it's just a little shorter no smaller than 10.5 definitely so works damn well for our situation.

So on SM and everywhere it's "no LMT, thing of past, JV ended, all in-house" but while submitting a bid suddenly LMT appears

Inhouse as per them

They say the name is their only to enter the tender no other value to the name.

As for document I don't have it for now.
I've said this back in DFI but several members refuted my claims, there's no way SSSD can produce designs like their current lineup without external help since India historically doesn't have the industry nor weapons designers experienced enough to come up with modern firearms. We all know what the OFB clowns are clearly capable of

SSSD clearly took Caracal's path of hiring western designers (probably LMTs' since they previously had a JV) while holding the IP due to Atmanirbhar.

Nothing wrong with this approach but the CEO shouldn't keep explicitly claiming that they didn't receive any foreign help

are those Sakos even capable of holding Suups
Here's a Sako TRG 22A1 with Suppressor. I've seen several Barrett's actually being displayed with a suppressor even at gun shows in the US

1727051716221.png

Damn...that's pricey

Isn't it too costly for just 1 suppressor
Ig guess utmost it should be 60k
Not pricey imo, most lower end sniper suppressors are priced ~$1k while the good ones with full Titanium build are north of $2k

SSSD clearly took Caracal's path of hiring western designers (probably LMTs' since they previously had a JV) while holding the IP due to Atmanirbhar.
There are tens of sites where you can check whether there's any patent or not. Don't make "IP" such a huge deal.

As for LMT's designer getting hired, I don't think that's what happened. The incentive needed for a LMT engineer to leave LMT and work for them and also leave behind the patents would be huge. In case of Germany for some weird reason a bunch of their engineers went to Middle East; Haenel guys in UAE, Walther ones in Turkey.
Not pricey imo, most lower end sniper suppressors are priced ~$1k while the good ones with full titanium build are north of $2k
You can have a good Glock for $800 and you can also have a good Glock for $3,800. Which one's more "normal"?

The more than 1k to 2k range is what's for exotic things; titanium, baffle less, monolithic, Inconel. Otherwise 1k is sufficient for good suppressors and that too from reputed houses.

But the same for a new firearms firm's, first ever suppressor, locally made...is bit much.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back