Turkiye : News , Discussions & Updates.

So, I recently encountered a Turkish individual questioning the quality of Indian engineers in another forum about Tejas. In response, I asked him a few questions and he couldn't reply,
  1. As an engineering student who has poured over countless books and papers, I’ve never come across a Turkish name among the notable figures. All the prominent names seem to be either from the West, China, or India. It makes me question—where are the Turkish contributors? Why is there a noticeable absence of Turkish names in prestigious awards like the Nobel Prize, the Fields Medal, or the Turing Award? Or Even as basic as Engineering Books.
  2. If Turkish engineering talent is truly exceptional, why haven’t international tech giants established major GCC or R&D centers in Turkey? It seems curious that such high-quality talent isn’t attracting global investment. The argument of Cheap labor only holds merit in Manufacturing and not R&D.
  3. I also notice that Turkish-origin individuals appear to be scarce in high-level engineering and scientific positions in the US, Canada, or even neighboring Europe. Sure, Turkey has a substantial population, and the migration argument due to high GDP per capita compared to India doesn’t seem to hold water here—after all, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese individuals manage continue to occupy top roles abroad despite their countries being rich . Could it be that they are less intelligent?

So, I recently encountered a Turkish individual questioning the quality of Indian engineers in another forum about Tejas. In response, I asked him a few questions and he couldn't reply,
  1. As an engineering student who has poured over countless books and papers, I’ve never come across a Turkish name among the notable figures. All the prominent names seem to be either from the West, China, or India. It makes me question—where are the Turkish contributors? Why is there a noticeable absence of Turkish names in prestigious awards like the Nobel Prize, the Fields Medal, or the Turing Award? Or Even as basic as Engineering Books.
  2. If Turkish engineering talent is truly exceptional, why haven’t international tech giants established major GCC or R&D centers in Turkey? It seems curious that such high-quality talent isn’t attracting global investment. The argument of Cheap labor only holds merit in Manufacturing and not R&D.
  3. I also notice that Turkish-origin individuals appear to be scarce in high-level engineering and scientific positions in the US, Canada, or even neighboring Europe. Sure, Turkey has a substantial population, and the migration argument due to high GDP per capita compared to India doesn’t seem to hold water here—after all, Japanese, Korean, and Chinese individuals manage continue to occupy top roles abroad despite their countries being rich . Could it be that they are less intelligent?
Entire country files just 9k patents a year compared to 1 lakh a year and growing in India. This despite claiming to be a "developed high income economy".

We can see the level of innovation and R&D there.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back