DRDO and PSU's

Astra and QR sams have widely different weights and dimensions. If it isn't close enough like say astra and VL SR sam then there is no point bringing it up.
Ok lets see the actual requirements since it has gone down from 100kmph to 60kmph as per you.

Radar and software are part of the system aren't they . Every AD system is procured as batterys, what is the army going to do with missiles and no radar.
(Use 12ft.io to read)

The fact that trials and development are still ongoing lends credence to these reports.

Nobody said that it is a complete failure . The fact is that baboo engineers can take years if not decades to fix "a very minor" issue, how is it the militaries fault.
I know about these paid articles.

Read my post again. Reply my queries.

Also let us know how heavy is the whole system in compared with others ?

I know about these paid articles.

Read my post again. Reply my queries.

Also let us know how heavy is the whole system in compared with others ?
Why should I ? Where is your source for 60 - 100 kmph on the move requirement ?
Rest is addressed in my post above, if you choose to ignore them that's ok .

if something stated as a matter of fact, seems like "optimism" then one should check their baseline.

here the baseline is state of affairs as of 2014-15, i.e before monohar parrikar took up the review of defence acquisition procedure . numbers say domestic MIC has expanded.

in case, in your professional capacity you are not involved in negotiating and executing contracts, these numbers increase when contracts are given and executed.

View attachment 6493
Well, not denying but greatest measure that is accurate is what we are importing and lot of big ticket imports from small arms to aircrafts to engines and transmissions. I understand takes time from lost generations but marketing is to heavy with opaqueness. I just hope if sanctions come along then we don't sit in a stinking dead pond as most everything is imported at component level. My pessimistic attitude has merit. Same in software and much of everything, as others are questioning no clarity on why testing takes so long and never see numbers or scale of manufacturing for an army of our size.

You can quote all numbers and also factor in inflation of rupee and dollar.

@Adm_Kenobi I just have a hunch that IN will go for LRSAM + MRSAM on its PSC instead of MRSAM + VL-SRSAM. What are your views?
my views are very radical when it comes to MRSAM on our future combatants.
PG-LRSAM's second stage will be completely made in India, featuring a much better seeker and pulse that is twice the volume of MRSAM due to miniaturised electronics and a slightly larger frame. Will be similar in size to MRSAM at 250mm v/s 225mm, a good replacement. MRSAM has a pK of 0.8 against supersonic cruise missiles, LRSAM's second stage will be able to do better with its new seeker.

I don't quite get your question, do you mean upgrade on existing PSCs or the new ones? VL-SRSAM will be present on both that's confirmed. PG-LRSAM on existing PSCs is under doubt.

I don't quite get your question, do you mean upgrade on existing PSCs or the new ones? VL-SRSAM will be present on both that's confirmed. PG-LRSAM on existing PSCs is under doubt.
I meant if the IN's current PSC will have MRSAM + VL-SRSAM or they will augment MRSAM with PGLRSAM. Because if only future PSC like NGD and NGD are supposed to have PGLRSAM then the numbers will be very low and MRSAM will continue be our mainstay.

Indigenous Integrated Mast
Right there it says Japan, what's indigenous? I call bs....no need to call indigenous when your progress is much dependant on foreign countries. Opposite of indigenous.... What a load of crap

Right there it says Japan, what's indigenous? I call bs....no need to call indigenous when your progress is much dependant on foreign countries. Opposite of indigenous.... What a load of crap
Do you not know how to read cause It literally written right there on the document that it's an indigenous in house development.
Screenshot_20240815-025212.png

Indigenous Integrated Mast

View attachment 6586
View attachment 6588

Phase 1

View attachment 6584

Phase 2

View attachment 6585

Latest Mention of Indigenous Integrated Mast
from SWAVLAMBAN 2.0 document released on November 2023 by Department of Defence Production
View attachment 6587

View: https://x.com/idrwalerts/status/1582287008353128448

More Info regarding the Mast

View: https://x.com/AdithyaKM_/status/1673324956351107072

View: https://youtu.be/AmU0yKvUUYo?si=AodpaRm0-rAd5Wc4

1723689157197.png

1723689647801.png
I think after comparing the schematics of both the systems it can be said without a shadow of doubt that UNICORN and IIM are infact 2 different Masts and IIM is not a license production of UNICORN.

From what I could gather and understand, Japan will help us in the development of IIM by guiding and hand holding us in the development process, In short it would be more like mentorship than license production

What sensor, elaborate?? It's simply not a final deliverable config as of yet.
Those wires will be dangling for the first couple of user trials also. They keep data for all under-trial equipment to gauge the performance. Sensors include but are not limited to, Temperature sensors, stress/strain sensors, etc. @Chinmoy might know better.

That thrust increase of 2200 lbf ...... are they talking about AL-41? Because that is the difference in dry thrust between AL-31 and AL-41
Man if the news is true and if its going to be made with indigenously developed materials - its great news. 👍 it would mean our material science research for turbines is going in right direction. It shall have positive effect overall in R&D space.

Man if the news is true and if its going to be made with indigenously developed materials - its great news. 👍 it would mean our material science research for turbines is going in right direction. It shall have positive effect overall in R&D space.
Yeah, but what about the afterburner. Plus I don't know if the Russians would agree to this without demanding hafta, they own the engine IP after-all. Could this be a deal with the Russians after all?

Yeah, but what about the afterburner. Plus I don't know if the Russians would agree to this without demanding hafta, they own the engine IP after-all. Could this be a deal with the Russians after all?
Could be .. but with sanctions I believe this might be the way out.If India developed using its own materials kb - its for sure Russia shall object but given there is no direct dollar trade and Russia may not be keen on having more Indian Rupees in its Vostro account holding on. They may be holding their silence now until project fructifies

That thrust increase of 2200 lbf ...... are they talking about AL-41? Because that is the difference in dry thrust between AL-31 and AL-41

No, thats just 10kN increment, making it closer to the one AL31 variant China used for its J-10.
Its modestly far from AL41 thrust. AL-41 is significantly different than AL-31, it makes sense to buy higher thrust AL-31 variant which we have experience with.

No, thats just 10kN increment, making it closer to the one AL31 variant China used for its J-10.
Its modestly far from AL41 thrust. AL-41 is significantly different than AL-31, it makes sense to buy higher thrust AL-31 variant which we have experience with.
AL-31 variant on Su-30 has 76.5 kN
AL-41 variant on Su-35 has 86.3 kN
10 kN difference.

What is the confusion? Are you getting confused with wet thrust? That is what I said:-
Yeah, but what about the afterburner.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back