DRDO and PSU's

We know for a fact that the turret is not rated for auto cannons 30mm and up at 500 meters .. that too only from the front .. and the turret is supposed to be the most heavily armoured part .
120mm means lower gun elevation less ammo . 105 is a good choice atleast it can outrange autocannon IFVs and give dug in troops a headache.

How do we know this? 😨

Eh . Just look up the publicly available brochure for the cockril turret . It states "upto" stanag 5.

That's 30° arc protected to 25mm... Not great, not terrible. Can be uprated to 6+ like the hull 40mm without to much weight gain. It was never meant stand against the chinki tanks' main gun. That's why it needs all the APS & jammers we can mount.

For that I said the 120mm Arjun gun that can shoot CLGM. We could get rid of those launchers.

SRSAM has again been tested today.

There will be another round of test in the afternoon.

View: https://x.com/TheHemantRout/status/1834469924661596231

According to Mr Hemant Kumar Rout, Srsam has a 80 km range which I highly doubt.

Astra mk1 has a 80-110 km range. So Srsam will have a range in the vicinity of 25-35 km. It may be a bit less because Srsam has a higher mass than Astra due to TVC assembly.

With today's morning test, Srsam has been tested for 8 times.

Since the PIB release published yesterday that an updated seeker was tested, I think that the new Ku band aesa seeker may have been installed in Srsam.

IMG-20240913-WA0009.jpg

The seeker has a 145 mm dia.
Aperture has a dia of 140 mm.
The seeker has 164 elements.

It has a range of 15 km for 4 sqm targets which is avg.

IMG-20240913-WA0010.jpg

Astra builds the seeker.

Initially IN had a requirement of 14 systems of VL-SRSAM. Although, it is very tough to determine which old platforms will get this system but IMO:

4 Kamorta class
3 Brahmputra class
3 Delhi class
4 Kora class

The new platforms will be:
6 NGMV
2 + 2 LHD

Though I would love to see Navy putting VL-SRSAM together with MRSAM for double layer protection on the current PSC but I doubt this is going to be the case. MRSAM will most probably be paired with PGLRSAM.

> wiki
> Astra Mk-II 160km
> Astra dual pulse, VL-SRSAM too
> but ground launched
> half it

This seems to be the most probable source of this 80km range.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back