DRDO and PSU's

Because we are penny pinchers, as simple as that.

Anyone with an ounce of logic would think that highly prized assets like missile launchers need to be highly mobile and be based on multiple axle truck (and no I am even not talking about strategic missile launchers like Agni but things like SAM's and MLRS) but no our penny pinching buffoons in the MoD seem to think otherwise
If we want to move missiles around covertly, using unmarked covered wagons are a better way of doing it. A big TEL on the road won't move unnoticed under satellite cover anyway.
1727787475340.png

In Indian context - rather than off roadability, concealment is biggest asset. Civilian guised truck trailers, train wagons, submarine is the way to go.

Well, the same Volvo trucks in southern parts of India used to carry to turbine blades. The length looks same. So it better to conceal them as civilian truck rather than Soviet style big ass TEL.

Well, the same Volvo trucks in southern parts of India used to carry to turbine blades. The length looks same. So it better to conceal them as civilian truck rather than Soviet style big ass TEL.
Exactly. And train boggies are even better. But with so much sabotage attempts on rail I guess time to introduce tethered drones ahead of trains for scanning tracks for anomalies before train comes.

Also it's not that DRDO did not test Offroad TEL . it did. There was picture of one TEL being tested , but I guess DRDO wisely gave up.

Last edited:
With AESA the radome doesn't have rotate anymore. Thats why big part of stability issue might've been become irrelevant now and we could see swift development and induction period. And for Netra 2, that's not going anywhere.
Yeah so the old 360' project is coming back.
They had showed 4 radars in square design unlike 3 radars in triangular form in phalcon awacs.
netra mk3 would be much much more superior to phalcon or any awacs in service. It would be 4 radars which would eliminate or reduce beam steering, it will also use GaN, it will be 4D.
The performance would be monstrous.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back