DRDO and PSU's

Random Q, incase of war-time, and if Ass-blasted Gernails ask for it, is it possible for DRDO( or whichever agency ) to scale up production to produce a lot of these guns?

Or will GoI reps have to go to foreign countries, and do mujra with katora in one hand and kidney in the other for EmErGeNcY PrOcUrEmEnTs?

unless the war is a forever wars like the ones muricans get into, or world wars, battle rifle while going in and while coming out of the war will be the same.

for a short conflict or even something that can go for a few years, small arms are likely to remain the same. which for IA it means insas, sig-716i and ak203. and during wars, entire infantry fighting at the same time is close to zero.

if there is no scenario of introducing a new rifle in middle of a war, that leaves the question of spares. for sigs all spares have to be imported since they don't seem to have a local partner. for aks too some of the parts are imported as of now.

in essence with the current selection of infantry rifle in medium term, without contingency planning for spares the chances of running around for imports is medium to high.

caveat being these are tough machines, they don't wear out that easy. accessories like p-rail and things that go on p-rails are the most likely to go first than the core rifle parts.

The problem with our system is

Just take the example of the today's vshorad test,
Drdo said development competed
But the problem starts now ...
The user trials will begin ,
The user should suggest minimal changes , which can be done in quick time ....
But our user will suggest things which will change the entire system ....and will take 10 years of development

The problem with our system is

Just take the example of the today's vshorad test,
Drdo said development competed
But the problem starts now ...
The user trials will begin ,
The user should suggest minimal changes , which can be done in quick time ....
But our user will suggest things which will change the entire system ....and will take 10 years of development
And then some intersting people will lobby for Russian igla

The next phase of this is called the "Acute Stress for Sniper - Rifle" test or ASS - Rifle test in short. Here the Grunt is handed a SVD with a 4x scope and made to suffer for as long as possible
View attachment 11021
At this point it is clear that gernals themselves are in search of a opportunity for malai.
Despite having 2 indigeneous sniper rifles they aren't upgrading it. They're inventory sucks they know they want to buy something where they can have malai. How long the leadership would take to realise how corrupt the system is. They can have trust issues for main stay rifles but when they're is no alternative for sniper indigeneous one is already ready and even exporter to foreign countries what stops them from buying one.
They brought Scorpio tgt from Italian firm..

You guys might not know but we all the time vouch that gernals are corrupt and taking they're malai khors and all

But believe me the army officers are one of the most demoralised ones. They have no confidence they are instill that 2010s era thinking we suck everywhere are aren't capable foreign maal is much better kind of subverted yes they are subverted mindsets at highest posts too.
atleast this notion of being independent has induced some positiveness in them towards indigeneous systems. I just talked to one known young officer.

Last edited:
Kaveri is going to get flown on an aircraft soon. Integration will take place with an EOL Russian twin engine fighter. Approvals are at an advanced stage
Source - Brf
Most probably from mig 29
Indeed mig 29 iaf has already denied lsp Tejas. I think they should have asked hal for Tejas or even some old tejas prototype.

Anyways good news they should test it on twin engine then move on Tejas. Ig this would have been iaf's response as Tejas is single engine jet

Three short ranged missile in development

QRSAM - Army( range -30km)
Akash-NG - Airforce(range -30 km)
VL-SRSAM - Navy(range greater than 18 km)

Indeed mig 29 iaf has already denied lsp Tejas. I think they should have asked hal for Tejas or even some old tejas prototype.

Anyways good news they should test it on twin engine then move on Tejas. Ig this would have been iaf's response as Tejas is single engine jet
I think its foolish on part of GTRE to ask Tejas. I mean no one tests a engine on a single engine platform. It would be only on a twin engine platform.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back