Indian Economy

Sir, I am not against government launching such schemes but just curious to know the logic and motto behind these scheme so as I can counter someone who question these on fact basis , and asked you because I was amazed by your in depth answers in DFI.
And sorry to bother you but one more question can you please explain that isn't the account opening and UPI is just because GOI is paying the charges to respective companies if we bear the cost ourself the transaction will reduce so all these have ultimately these have increased spending of government and of they don't give the money free accounts,upi transactions etc. will stop.
Can it be compared to government paying to power companies for free electricity to public. Ofcourse the cost in free electricity is much more and very less productive too but just asking. Answers from others are also welcome

Imagine the cost of printing least cost effective notes ie. small denominations notes if UPI Wasn't there.

Data from the RBI’s annual report indicates that the overall indent and supply figures for banknotes grew marginally from 2225 Crore in 2021-22 to 2430 Crore in 2023-24. In terms of denomination, the indent of Rs. 500 denomination fell from 1280 Crore to 900 Crore during the same period. The expenditure on printing currency reached a two-decadal high (barring the demonetization year) of ₹5,101 Crore in 2023-24.

V/s UPI server expenditure of 1000 crore per annum in last 4 years.

Because of this ezsasa sir
And this too

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back