Indian Economy

Last edited by a moderator:

It's obvious this is sabotage now.

iPhone 16 is just released and i think currently they were producing stock for Christmas in the western lands plus ofc stock for the Diwali sales here in India.

Per the Reuters article Apple will have to arrange for iPhone casing/back panels from Chinese suppliers.

Within Apple among whichever group handles the supply chain, an argument can be made now that it is risky to invest in India for assembly plants( worker strikes, chimpouts ) and component manufacturing( AcCiDeNtS aNd SaFeTy HaZaRDs )

1 .

2 .

3 .

4 .

5 .

6 .

7 .

8 .

9 .

10 .

11 .

12 .

This is how India plans to become the Vishwaguru and the next manufacturing hub ?

View: https://x.com/redstreamnet/status/1841420667612197254

My former American CEO described India as a terrible place to invest and the Indians are doing everything to make his words true.

I know the trade unions very well and from my experience, they will not stop here. Once their demands are fulfilled, next year they will put another set of demands and sit in protest for days or months for it
Meanwhile, even in the 8-hour shift, they will take numerous breaks and leave the job halfway through the moment the clock goes even minute over the working hours.

People need to understand that India is not the US or Developed world that can blackmail companies with Unions.India is a country that is struggling to industrialize and is in fierce competition with more than a dozen countries for investments. This sort of shenanigans at this stage of development will push companies to leave the country altogether or stop expansion and exports.

This is how India plans to become the Vishwaguru and the next manufacturing hub ?

My former American CEO described India as a terrible place to invest and the Indians are doing everything to make his words true.

I know the trade unions very well and from my experience, they will not stop here. Once their demands are fulfilled, next year they will put another set of demands and sit in protest for days or months for it
Meanwhile, even in the 8-hour shift, they will take numerous breaks and leave the job halfway through the moment the clock goes even minute over the working hours.

People need to understand that India is not the US or Developed world that can blackmail companies with Unions.India is a country that is struggling to industrialize and is in fierce competition with more than a dozen countries for investments. This sort of shenanigans at this stage of development will push companies to leave the country altogether or stop expansion and exports.

at the same time
TN minister makes it a point to mention TN's DEI policy

India's Tamil Nadu Industries Minister On Foreign Investment, Ford's Return​

View: https://youtu.be/WFtP8EjwHa8

Is it feasible for them to move manufacturing unit?

Which other state can give absolute guarantee to curb these commie swines.
No that is OK but that's emotional reaction on our part.
I am genuinely asking whether these are a feasible and economical action for the corporation.

What is the guarantee that the next place, where they shift will not behave like this? Today BJP is in power in Uttar Pradesh,is there a guarantee that in 2027 , the BJP will come back to power?

Though large companies like Samsung will not leave India as the country is a huge market but might halt their expansion and shift their export operations to other countries which in turn will screw up the already screwed trade balance of the country.

Damn, wasn't there a strike involving 786568954 gazillion workers in 2020? :lehappy:

Then, how exactly is this the 'largest strike in recent years'?

Jokes apart, Red is a commie media (actual commies, not like the democrat/chinese cosplayers); they will speak in that tone only.

Nah, the dmk gormint would crush them because strikes are bad for dhandomaxxing and they wouldn't risk their reputation over it (no investment, no donation :troll: ,also, no benami land deals - something the whole of dmk machinery is based on) . There is a reason why both the DMK and the AIADMK tend to take pro industry/investment stances - the industries are deeply ingrained in the local political economy.

The union (CITU) staging the 'strikes' isn't officially recognized by the employer (Samsung), ie, some random CITU jhollachaps and outsiders turned up and started doing dharna etc. Apparently, 900+ CITU folks have been arrested already. Also, Samsung can always staff their assembly lines with contractual workers, if required.

Last edited:
Which other state can give absolute guarantee to curb these commie swines.
Samsung already has a very big Plant in Noida however it is almost reaching its limit in area. They can be quickly allotted new land in Greater-Noida or new Industrial areas around Jewar and New-Noida.

However, point of having a plan in TN is easy access to Ports and cheaper connectivity to whole world.​

What is the guarantee that the next place, where they shift will not behave like this? Today BJP is in power in Uttar Pradesh,is there a guarantee that in 2027 , the BJP will come back to power?

Though large companies like Samsung will not leave India as the country is a huge market but might halt their expansion and shift their export operations to other countries which in turn will screw up the already screwed trade balance of the country.
SP and BSP both have been favorable to industries in UP after 2000s. it should not be a big deal. However, if the situation was really that bad as claimed in these new portals then TN govt themselves would have taken action on the strike. It seems very few workers are in the strike.​

No that is OK but that's emotional reaction on our part.
I am genuinely asking whether these are a feasible and economical action for the corporation.
Ground up vertically integrated component chains have to be developed in northern states itself, then only shifting will be feasible. Or wait till salary difference/cost of living grow substantial in coastal area.
Yogi despite being touted by his fanboys has yet to prove himself by establishing a basic textile park, Same goes for Mohan Yadav. Bihar is a gone case because BJP couldn't grow a good leader in two decades.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back