Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

Project-75I Next-Generation Diesel-Electric Submarines: Indian Navy Concludes Trials Of AIP Systems From Germany And Spain​

India completes field evaluations of Spanish, German bids for submarine deal​

The Indian Navy has completed field evaluation trials of the two submarines in contention for the ₹43,000-crore Project 75I programme, with a team visiting Spain last month to evaluate the vessel fielded by State-owned shipbuilder Navantia, people familiar with the matter said.

While Germany’s ThyssenKrupp Marine Systems (TKMS) has tied up with India’s State-run Mazagon Dock Shipbuilders Limited (MDL) for the project to build six submarines with an air independent propulsion (AIP) system, Navantia has teamed with engineering major Larsen & Toubro.

Why does it need 30mm CIWS? I think it might be the 30mm NSG. Also, what kind of VSHORADS Launcher are we talking about?
30 mm ciws = ak-630 final line of defence for our ships (also used for pirate hunting by russian navy though :) )

probably naval varient of land based v-shorads

something similar to this MBDA naval shorads
1719937055454.png

30 mm ciws = ak-630 final line of defence for our ships (also used for pirate hunting by russian navy though :) )

probably naval varient of land based v-shorads

something similar to this MBDA naval shorads
View attachment 885
There were talks of 30mm Naval Surface Gun that is why I am surprised because it's mentioned as 30mm CIWS.

@Adm_Kenobi your views?

View attachment 1135
ranvir's aft air def was replaced by brahmos vls whats interesting is now the s-125 in the front is also removed when i checked some old satellite images i found it in vizag shipyard a few months ago dont know what system would replace it but interesting development

View attachment 1136
Another VLS farm. Now whether its more Brahmos (why?) or VL SRSAM is a good question.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back