Project 75I Class Submarines

Ok so submarines aren't my strongest suit... Can anybody enlighten me on Type 212, 214, 216 & 218?

Plis
212 is peak tech reserved for our germans (has various varients)

214 is export oriented (highly sucessful)

218 is export varient for singapore with many important enhancements like non magnetic hull and diamond shaped design

216 i dont know (its never exported so why care)

quite capable submarine this is even in the basic form i anticipated it to win anyways the S-80 is largely untested

S-80 being Scorpene based, I thought would be our choice.

It's a shame than unlike the Spanish, we couldn't even build on a modern sub we bought & are even again going to buy G2G.

S-80 being Scorpene based, I thought would be our choice.

It's a shame than unlike the Spanish, we couldn't even build on a modern sub we bought & are even again going to buy G2G.
s-80 suffers from the same problem which our tejas suffers that is multiple products combined into a unit the sonar is from merica and other imp components too so better to get from a sorted Oem

So the "Type 214” HDW class submarine?

They're offering A or C/D?
C/D?
Type-212CD-Submarine-Scale-Drawing.jpg

Also are these related to P76 (I'm low on sub updates)?

View: https://twitter.com/manupubby/status/1810934874372456694

Got a helpful size comparison... Only Type-212C/D (2800t) & Type-216 (4000t) are diamond-hulled. The one in the quoted tweet, looks like a Type-214/218 (1900t) with diamond-hull being proposed.MBXY-CR-7f92f340638b4e1fa1e02515fcefe685.png

Last edited:
s-80 suffers from the same problem which our tejas suffers that is multiple products combined into a unit the sonar is from merica and other imp components too so better to get from a sorted Oem
S-80 has been an extremely troubled project from the very beginning. Do read about the entire saga of Navantia building the S-80 & you'd immediately question the reason they were included for participating in this tender.

Well it's to ensure Project 75 I doesn't end up as a single vendor situation , be scrapped & also to ensure TKMS doesn't squeeze us. This tender is for TKMS to lose .

Had Naval Group not antagonised IN with its antics during Project 75 they'd be in pole position today for this particular tender especially given the strategic relationship between India & France .

So the "Type 214” HDW class submarine?

They're offering A or C/D?
View attachment 6277

Also are these related to P76 (I'm low on sub updates)?

View: https://twitter.com/manupubby/status/1810934874372456694

Seems like we're getting neither existing 212A (below) or upcoming 212C/D, but some derivative models based on both Type 212A & 214 (after 212A) with the nose & slanted sides like C/D for stealth...Under-Water.jpegSubmarine_Class_214_05153_1.jpgGood... it's a khichdi, but it'll be our unique model.t2112cs.png

Last edited:
Had Naval Group not antagonised IN with its antics during Project 75 they'd be in pole position today for this particular tender especially given the strategic relationship between India & France .
If true, India will not be near a new deal for 3 more Scorpene.
Never forget that the supposed leaks about Scorpene, some years ago, were organised and marketed by ze germans....

If true, India will not be near a new deal for 3 more Scorpene.
What's that got to do with Project 75 ? Two entirely different projects. There's a clause in the Project 75 Contract of choice with the IN to exercise its option for a further 3-6 submarines after the present contract was executed. The IN's choosing to exercise that option.

Never forget that the supposed leaks about Scorpene, some years ago, were organised and marketed by ze germans....

On paper and calculations and research you can build everything. But when it comes to materializing it the quality of production is third grade due to unavailability of test facilities.

What did they do?

What did they do?
Long story. Basically they played dirty. Having qualified Indian sub contractors for the role of manufacturing components & sub assemblies in the pre contract awarding stage , they backed out of certifying the items produced after winning the contract which in turn left the IN with no options but to sub contract NG which produced those items back in France leading to delays & cost escalation.

Lot of other issues too.

Long story. Basically they played dirty. Having qualified Indian sub contractors for the role of manufacturing components & sub assemblies in the pre contract awarding stage , they backed out of certifying the items produced after winning the contract which in turn left the IN with no options but to sub contract NG which produced those items back in France leading to delays & cost escalation.

Lot of other issues too.
You are too kind using the word "dirty"...

Lot of other issues too.
Tbf some of the blame lays on us too for letting things deteriorate. We built the Shalki and her sister sub in the 90s and then happily sat on our haunches (and the TOT for type 209s) while the hard learnt lessons of sub building withered and died.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back