Time Travel and Travelers

haldilal

लड़ते लड़ते जीना है, लड़ते लड़ते मरना है.
Administrator
Ya'll World is filled with Time Travel and Traveler's claims. The most widely speculated is the John Titor from 1998 to 2001 on then site Time Travel Institute forums. A 2009 investigation suggested that the entire affair was a hoax created by Larry Haber, a Florida entertainment lawyer, and his brother John Rick Haber, a computer scientist. These claims have never been verified. Nor these individuals ever accepted and actively denied the claims as being behind the Handle name John Titor.

The first posts using John Titor's military symbol appeared on the Time Travel Institute forums on November 2, 2000, under the username TimeTravel_0, The name "John Titor" was not used at that time. The posts discussed time travel in general, the first one being the "six parts" description of the components required for a working time machine and responses to questions from other posters about how such a machine might work. These early posts tended to be short. A second thread was also made due to shortcomings of the forum software used at the time.

Titor first appeared on July 29, 1998, and sent two faxes to Art Bell, the host of a very popular and nationally broadcast radio talk show Coast to Coast AM. The two faxes told the story of the discovery of time travel in 2034 and the devastation that followed the Y2K disaster.

In January 2001, the person calling themself “John Titor” used the pseudonym TimeTravel_0 and began posting at the Art Bell Post-2-Post BBS Forums. The final Titor post was made in late March 2001.

Later, around 2003, various websites compiled Titor's posts, re-arranging them into narratives. Not all of these sites refer to the original dates that the messages were posted on the forums.

In his online postings, Titor claimed to be an American soldier from the year 2036, based in Tampa, Florida. He said that he was assigned to a governmental time-travel project, and that as part of the project he was sent back to 1975 to retrieve an IBM 5100 computer, which was needed to debug various legacy computer programs that existed in 2036 – a possible reference to the UNIX Year 2038 Problem.

Titor said that he had been selected for this mission because his paternal grandfather was directly involved in the original assembly and programming of the 5100. He attempted to provide proof of this by describing unpublicized features of the 5100, which led some people to believe that a computer scientist must have been behind the postings.

Titor said that he was on a stopover in the year 2000 for "personal reasons" to collect pictures lost in the future Civil War, and to visit his family, of whom he spoke often.

Titor also said that for several months he had been trying to warn anyone who would listen about the potential threat of Jakob Disease spread through meat products, and about the possibility of an upcoming civil war within the United States.

220px-Titor_insignia.jpg

Titor's purported military insignia.

Ya'll World is filled with Time Travel and Traveler's claims. The most widely speculated is the John Titor from 1998 to 2001 on then site Time Travel Institute forums. A 2009 investigation suggested that the entire affair was a hoax created by Larry Haber, a Florida entertainment lawyer, and his brother John Rick Haber, a computer scientist. These claims have never been verified. Nor these individuals ever accepted and actively denied the claims as being behind the Handle name John Titor.

The first posts using John Titor's military symbol appeared on the Time Travel Institute forums on November 2, 2000, under the username TimeTravel_0, The name "John Titor" was not used at that time. The posts discussed time travel in general, the first one being the "six parts" description of the components required for a working time machine and responses to questions from other posters about how such a machine might work. These early posts tended to be short. A second thread was also made due to shortcomings of the forum software used at the time.

Titor first appeared on July 29, 1998, and sent two faxes to Art Bell, the host of a very popular and nationally broadcast radio talk show Coast to Coast AM. The two faxes told the story of the discovery of time travel in 2034 and the devastation that followed the Y2K disaster.

In January 2001, the person calling themself “John Titor” used the pseudonym TimeTravel_0 and began posting at the Art Bell Post-2-Post BBS Forums. The final Titor post was made in late March 2001.

Later, around 2003, various websites compiled Titor's posts, re-arranging them into narratives. Not all of these sites refer to the original dates that the messages were posted on the forums.

In his online postings, Titor claimed to be an American soldier from the year 2036, based in Tampa, Florida. He said that he was assigned to a governmental time-travel project, and that as part of the project he was sent back to 1975 to retrieve an IBM 5100 computer, which was needed to debug various legacy computer programs that existed in 2036 – a possible reference to the UNIX Year 2038 Problem.

Titor said that he had been selected for this mission because his paternal grandfather was directly involved in the original assembly and programming of the 5100. He attempted to provide proof of this by describing unpublicized features of the 5100, which led some people to believe that a computer scientist must have been behind the postings.

Titor said that he was on a stopover in the year 2000 for "personal reasons" to collect pictures lost in the future Civil War, and to visit his family, of whom he spoke often.

Titor also said that for several months he had been trying to warn anyone who would listen about the potential threat of Jakob Disease spread through meat products, and about the possibility of an upcoming civil war within the United States.

220px-Titor_insignia.jpg

Ya'll The Predictions made by John Titor.​

Although he frequently invoked the many words interpretations of Quantum Mechanics, whereby events from his timeline may differ from our own, Titor also said that the differences would be minimal. As such, some have interpreted his descriptions of his timeline as predictions, and have compared them with actual historical events that have occurred since Titor's final post in 2001.

The most immediate of Titor's predictions foretold a civil war in the United States having to do with "order and rights". The war as Titor described it would begin in 2005 with Civil Unrest surrounding the Presidential Elections of the Previous Year According to Titor, this civil conflict, which he described as "having a Waco type event every month that steadily gets worse", would be "pretty much at everyone's doorstep" and erupt into war by 2008. As a result, the United States would split into five regions based on a variety of factors, including differing military Objectives.

According to Titor, this civil war would end in 2015 with a brief but intense World War III, which Titor referred to as "N Day". He specified Washington D.C and Jacksonville, as cities that would be hit in the exchange, and said that after the war, Omaha, Nebraska would be the new U.S. capital. Titor did not detail the exact causes of this World War III scenario, but in one post he said that the hostilities were led by "border clashes and Depopulations". He also pointed to the contemporary Arab Israeli Wars not as a cause of the war, but as a milestone that precedes it.

Titor said that in 2011, when he was 13 years old, he joined a Florida based shotgun infantry unit called the Fighting Diamondbacks for at least four years. In other posts, he described himself as hiding from the war.

Titor also said that the "Everett Wheeler model of quantum physics", better known as the Many Worlds Interpretation, was correct. According to him, this meant that his time travel had caused the formation of a new timestream, and that in this new current timestream, the events that Titor had described would occur somewhat differently than they had in his home timestream. This made his predictions Non Falsifiable.

The IBM 5,100 Computer said to be Mission of John Titor for retrieve from 1975 to 2038.

Last edited:

220px-Titor_insignia.jpg

excellent topic time travel is really good topic. I know John titor since 2007, I am a big fan of prophecies and time travel, I have read in my life many prophecies and stories about time travel.

The subject is very complex despite it seems easy and straight forward, future is something that attracts all of us, it involves politics, our personal life, with the years I have a personal view, at this stage of my life I hold in great respect the orthodox Christian prophecies.

years ago i read one prophecy about Ukraine not going to join Russia and only Belarus as the only Russian friend that was around 2017, and then came 2022 and the war of Russia-Ukraine happened.
The Original prophecy is from Soviet times

Prophecies are true but not all are prophets. excellent topic

Ya'll It was in the year 2000, on November 2, that a man calling himself John Titor logged onto an obscure internet discussion board and posted this message:

"Greetings. I am a time traveler from the year 2036. I am on my way home after getting an IBM 5100 computer system from the year 1975."

“My ‘time’ machine is a stationary mass, temporal displacement unit manufactured by General Electric. The unit is powered by two top-spin dual-positive singularities that produce a standard off-set Tipler sinusoid.

“I will be happy to post pictures of the unit.”

Questions followed. Titor answered them, some copiously, some cryptically. And he did indeed post pictures of his machine: mounted, like Back to the Future’s, in a car it was a 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible.

Between November 2000 and March 2001, he answered many more questions. At one point he was even interviewed on a national talk radio show. He described his time machine in detail, even posting pictures of its user’s manual. A small internet cult grew up around him. Then one day he was gone, leaving his acolytes to pick over the remains. Today, there are little shrines to his name all across the internet. But who was he really?

Titor's actual target was the year 1975; he was making a stopover in 2000 for “personal reasons”. He was a member of a military unit tasked with retrieving items from the past which could help get society back on its feet. A civil war in the United states had triggered a limited nuclear exchange with Russia in 2015, which killed nearly three million people. In the aftermath, life had returned to something more like what Republican survivalists imagine America should be:

In 2036, I live in central Florida with my family and I'm currently stationed at an Army base in Tampa… the people that survived grew closer together. Life is centered on the family and then the community. I cannot imagine living even a few hundred miles away from my parents.

“There is no large industrial complex creating masses of useless food and recreational items. Food and livestock is grown and sold locally. People spend much more time reading and talking together face to face. Religion is taken seriously and everyone can multiply and divide in their heads.”

On the other hand, they still had internet.

524168-b2e5a7ee-26_3478889b.jpg

John Titor's time machine.

Plenty of people were sceptical of all this, but Titor didn’t really care. “My goal is not to be believed,” he said. “Perhaps I should let you all in on a little secret. No one likes you in the future. This time period is looked at as being full of lazy, self-centered, civically ignorant sheep. Perhaps you should be less concerned about me and more concerned about that.”

Between such withering asides, he did offer some advice. “Learn basic sanitation,” he said. “Learn to shoot and clean a gun. Consider what you would bring with you if you had to leave your home in ten minutes and never return.” He even discussed the possibility of taking volunteers with him, if he could:

For all of you interested in coming back with me to 2036, perhaps we should discuss the trip. Please be aware, the displacement unit moves through time, not space.

First, we will be driving the current vehicle (Chevy truck) with the displacement unit in it to Tampa Florida. From there, we will go back to my arrival date on this worldline. Then we will have to drive to Minnesota, sell the current vehicle and get another one that would have been around in 1975.

We will then move the displacement unit (500 lbs or so) into the new vehicle and go back to 1975. Once in 1975, we’ll drive back to Tampa and make the final hop to 2036. If you’d like to stay in 1975, you’re welcome to do that.

It can also get quite hot and stuffy during the trip and you’ll be subjected to a 1.5 to 2 G force the entire time. You’ll also need some sort of a re-breather system or oxygen supply.”

(The mechanics of a trip are described in more detail here.)

It was these kind of details which gave a sheen of plausibility to Titor’s wild claims. There was just something about them which was convincing; just grubby enough to seem real, laced with just enough technobabble to convince the lay science enthusiast.

johntitor_schemati_3478881b.jpg

A schematic supplied by Titor.

Okay, I can sense you rolling your eyes. But you have to understand, this was a different time. In 2015, the internet is completely intertwined with our ‘real’ lives; we meet future colleagues on Twitter and send old school friends geotagged photos before checking our emails on the train. But in the year 2000 there were no smartphones, no social media. The cold blue glow of the CRT monitor was a portal into another world entirely – big, mysterious, and with no fixed identities. In this liminal place – one where, as the New Yorker once put it, nobody knew you were a dog – the idea of a time traveler posting on a bulletin board almost seemed plausible.

And then there was his reason for travelling. Titor claimed he had been sent back to 1975 to retrieve an IBM 5100 computer, which was needed to debug ageing machines still used in 2036. That in itself isn’t too wacky: in 2002, NASA had to buy outdated medical equipment on eBay just so it could scavenge their obsolete Intel 8086 chips for their booster testing machines, and even the Orion spacecraft, whose first manned flight is scheduled for the 2020s, uses Computers from the 2002.

laser_3478886f.jpg

A grainy picture from Titor of his laser pointer supposedly bending in the machine's spacetime distortion field.

For a few years, John Titor’s legend passed around the net, drawing power from the paranoia of the Bush years. A company called the John Titor Foundation, registered in Florida, started selling merchandise and even a book called John Titor: A Time Traveler's Tale. There was a brief period where his predictions weren't yet due and where they could still technically come true.

But then 2004 arrived and there was no civil war. The Olympics that year were not cancelled. “Western stability” did not “collapse” the year after, and mad cow disease did not become rampant. And the president in 2005 did not “try desperately to be the next Lincoln”. The president in 2005 was George W. Bush.

After the failure of these predictions, most of the Titor activity online died down. But not all of it. In 2009, a report by John Hughston, who runs the Hoax Hunter website, named Larry Haber, a Florida entertainment lawyer, and John Rick Haber, his computer scientist brother, as the men behind John Titor.

Larry Haber is the CEO of the John Titor Foundation, and an IP address connected with Titor points to the same town in which he registered it. A private detective hired by an Italian TV company concluded that John Rick, with his presumed computer knowledge, was the culprit. And Titor's name had actually been first used in 1998, with a different set of predictions (including chaos caused by the Y2K bug). Larry apparently claims to be the lawyer for John Titor's mother.

So Titor was wrong, and there's a clear candidate for his real identity. Mystery solved?

Not according to some fans. You see, Titor’s writings contained a get-out clause. Simply by travelling back, he said, he had created a new “worldline”, distinct from the one in which he grew up. There was no guarantee that they’d follow the same path. In fact, he had already noticed some changes: “News events that happen at different times, football games won by other teams, things like that.” He put the “temporal divergence” between this worldline and his own at 1 or 2 per cent, but warned: “the longer I am here, the larger that divergence becomes.”

In this narrative, the Habers really were just family friends. Perhaps Titor stayed at their house for a while. And when he left, they were moved to keep his memory alive, in the hope of changing the future.

That’s right: just by posting on the internet about the coming war, John Titor might actually have averted it – and nobody can prove otherwise. As one website puts it: “That we have the ability to guide the outcome of our worldline among the many possibilities in the multiverse …is perhaps the most important message Titor gave us.”

So maybe instead of fawning over a cash-in sci-fi sequel, you should really be thanking John Titor. You ungrateful, decadent sheep.

Ya'll It was in the year 2000, on November 2, that a man calling himself John Titor logged onto an obscure internet discussion board and posted this message:

"Greetings. I am a time traveler from the year 2036. I am on my way home after getting an IBM 5100 computer system from the year 1975."

“My ‘time’ machine is a stationary mass, temporal displacement unit manufactured by General Electric. The unit is powered by two top-spin dual-positive singularities that produce a standard off-set Tipler sinusoid.

Questions followed. Titor answered them, some copiously, some cryptically. And he did indeed post pictures of his machine: mounted, like Back to the Future’s, in a car it was a 1967 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible.

Between November 2000 and March 2001, he answered many more questions. At one point he was even interviewed on a national talk radio show. He described his time machine in detail, even posting pictures of its user’s manual. A small internet cult grew up around him. Then one day he was gone, leaving his acolytes to pick over the remains. Today, there are little shrines to his name all across the internet. But who was he really?

Titor's actual target was the year 1975; he was making a stopover in 2000 for “personal reasons”. He was a member of a military unit tasked with retrieving items from the past which could help get society back on its feet. A civil war in the United states had triggered a limited nuclear exchange with Russia in 2015, which killed nearly three million people. In the aftermath, life had returned to something more like what Republican survivalists imagine America should be:

In 2036, I live in central Florida with my family and I'm currently stationed at an Army base in Tampa… the people that survived grew closer together. Life is centered on the family and then the community. I cannot imagine living even a few hundred miles away from my parents.

“There is no large industrial complex creating masses of useless food and recreational items. Food and livestock is grown and sold locally. People spend much more time reading and talking together face to face. Religion is taken seriously and everyone can multiply and divide in their heads.”

Plenty of people were sceptical of all this, but Titor didn’t really care. “My goal is not to be believed,” he said. “Perhaps I should let you all in on a little secret. No one likes you in the future. This time period is looked at as being full of lazy, self-centered, civically ignorant sheep. Perhaps you should be less concerned about me and more concerned about that.”

Between such withering asides, he did offer some advice. “Learn basic sanitation,” he said. “Learn to shoot and clean a gun. Consider what you would bring with you if you had to leave your home in ten minutes and never return.” He even discussed the possibility of taking volunteers with him, if he could:

For all of you interested in coming back with me to 2036, perhaps we should discuss the trip. Please be aware, the displacement unit moves through time, not space.

First, we will be driving the current vehicle (Chevy truck) with the displacement unit in it to Tampa Florida. From there, we will go back to my arrival date on this worldline. Then we will have to drive to Minnesota, sell the current vehicle and get another one that would have been around in 1975.

We will then move the displacement unit (500 lbs or so) into the new vehicle and go back to 1975. Once in 1975, we’ll drive back to Tampa and make the final hop to 2036. If you’d like to stay in 1975, you’re welcome to do that.

It can also get quite hot and stuffy during the trip and you’ll be subjected to a 1.5 to 2 G force the entire time. You’ll also need some sort of a re-breather system or oxygen supply.”

It was these kind of details which gave a sheen of plausibility to Titor’s wild claims. There was just something about them which was convincing; just grubby enough to seem real, laced with just enough technobabble to convince the lay science enthusiast.

Okay, I can sense you rolling your eyes. But you have to understand, this was a different time. In 2015, the internet is completely intertwined with our ‘real’ lives; we meet future colleagues on Twitter and send old school friends geotagged photos before checking our emails on the train. But in the year 2000 there were no smartphones, no social media. The cold blue glow of the CRT monitor was a portal into another world entirely – big, mysterious, and with no fixed identities. In this liminal place – one where, as the New Yorker once put it, nobody knew you were a dog – the idea of a time traveler posting on a bulletin board almost seemed plausible.

And then there was his reason for travelling. Titor claimed he had been sent back to 1975 to retrieve an IBM 5100 computer, which was needed to debug ageing machines still used in 2036. That in itself isn’t too wacky: in 2002, NASA had to buy outdated medical equipment on eBay just so it could scavenge their obsolete Intel 8086 chips for their booster testing machines, and even the Orion spacecraft, whose first manned flight is scheduled for the 2020s, uses Computers from the 2002.

laser_3478886f.jpg

A grainy picture from Titor of his laser pointer supposedly bending in the machine's spacetime distortion field.

For a few years, John Titor’s legend passed around the net, drawing power from the paranoia of the Bush years. A company called the John Titor Foundation, registered in Florida, started selling merchandise and even a book called John Titor: A Time Traveler's Tale. There was a brief period where his predictions weren't yet due and where they could still technically come true.

But then 2004 arrived and there was no civil war. The Olympics that year were not cancelled. “Western stability” did not “collapse” the year after, and mad cow disease did not become rampant. And the president in 2005 did not “try desperately to be the next Lincoln”. The president in 2005 was George W. Bush.

After the failure of these predictions, most of the Titor activity online died down. But not all of it. In 2009, a report by John Hughston, who runs the Hoax Hunter website, named Larry Haber, a Florida entertainment lawyer, and John Rick Haber, his computer scientist brother, as the men behind John Titor.

Larry Haber is the CEO of the John Titor Foundation, and an IP address connected with Titor points to the same town in which he registered it. A private detective hired by an Italian TV company concluded that John Rick, with his presumed computer knowledge, was the culprit. And Titor's name had actually been first used in 1998, with a different set of predictions (including chaos caused by the Y2K bug). Larry apparently claims to be the lawyer for John Titor's mother.

So Titor was wrong, and there's a clear candidate for his real identity. Mystery solved?

Not according to some fans. You see, Titor’s writings contained a get-out clause. Simply by travelling back, he said, he had created a new “worldline”, distinct from the one in which he grew up. There was no guarantee that they’d follow the same path. In fact, he had already noticed some changes: “News events that happen at different times, football games won by other teams, things like that.” He put the “temporal divergence” between this worldline and his own at 1 or 2 per cent, but warned: “the longer I am here, the larger that divergence becomes.”

In this narrative, the Habers really were just family friends. Perhaps Titor stayed at their house for a while. And when he left, they were moved to keep his memory alive, in the hope of changing the future.

That’s right: just by posting on the internet about the coming war, John Titor might actually have averted it – and nobody can prove otherwise. As one website puts it: “That we have the ability to guide the outcome of our worldline among the many possibilities in the multiverse …is perhaps the most important message Titor gave us.”

So maybe instead of fawning over a cash-in sci-fi sequel, you should really be thanking John Titor. You ungrateful, decadent sheep.
After many years of reading and reading watching videos, i can tell you John Titor is not the only one who talks about the disintegration of the USA.

Several prophets say the USA will disintegrate into 5 nations, to understand it we have to understand the USA is becoming a ghetto, where some ethnicities are filling some states and other others.

Russian prophets, say Russia will lose WWIII and the USA will win it just to disintegrate after winning it.

"Yet greater sign there be to see; As man nears latter century. Three sleeping mountains gather breath, And spew out mud, ice and death. An earthquake swallow town and town; In lands as yet to me unknown. And Christian one fights Christian two And nations sigh, yet nothing do. And yellow men great power gain; From a mighty bear with whom they've lain."

View: https://x.com/bhavishyamalika/status/1706686831692009844
The interesting thing is this prophecy was made in the 16th century
And Christian one fights Christian two

And nations sigh, yet nothing do

And yellow men great power gain

From mighty bear with whom they've lain.

These mighty tyrants will fail to do

They fail to split the world in two.

But from their acts a danger bred

An ague -- leaving many dead.
1727412793219.png
1727412835926.png

laser_3478886f.jpg

В результате Гражданской войны США распадутся на пять частей. В качестве маркеров наступления войны Йохансон называет социалистическое правительство в Швеции и войну Англии в Ирландии.

The Civil War will result in the United States being divided into five parts. Johansson cites the socialist government in Sweden and England's war in Ireland as markers of the onset of the war

Elder Vladislav (Shumov)
Belarus will suffer greatly. Only then will Belarus unite with Russia... But then Ukraine will not unite with us; and then more crying!

Last edited:

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back