DFB - Finances - Donations

Bharat

Administrator
Administrator
Hello members. DFB was started by users from the erstwhile DFI.

I'm making this post in order to be transparent regarding the finances of this forum.

This forum is hosted on a dedicated server, which costs 132$ per month.

Screenshot 2024-09-15 200721.png

The forum won't be monetized via Google Adsense. Google forces websites that run it's ads to censor content.

In DFB for example, Google routinely flags content from "Idiotic musings of Pakistan" and "Idiotic musings from the West" threads. If we run ads from Google, we'll have no option but to censor content that's flagged.

Admins have decided it's not worth it to censor stuff and hence Admins have decided to run the forum by paying from their own pocket.

Screenshot 2024-08-30 021236.png

If any member still wants to contribute, they are free to donate Bitcoin to the address listed in the sidebar.

The admins will keep the forum running for years even if there isn't a single donation. Also, the donations are transparent and anyone who has some technical knowledge regarding crypto, can check if the listed address has received any donations or not.

Thanks and that'll be all!

I'm making this post in order to be transparent regarding the finances of this forum.

View attachment 9540

The forum won't be monetized via Google Adsense. Google forces websites that run it's ads to censor content.

In DFB for example, Google routinely flags content from "Idiotic musings of Pakistan" and "Idiotic musings from the West" threads. If we run ads from Google, we'll have no option but to censor content that's flagged.

Admins have decided it's not worth it to censor stuff and hence Admins have decided to run the forum by paying from their own pocket.

View attachment 9541

If any member still wants to contribute, they are free to donate Bitcoin to the address listed in the sidebar.

The admins will keep the forum running for years even if there isn't a single donation. Also, the donations are transparent and anyone who has some technical knowledge regarding crypto, can check if the listed address has received any donations or not.

We need to ban google bots and ads. Send them a strong message and tell them to fuck off with their censoring of free Hindu speech.

View attachment 9540

View attachment 9541

No clue about how to go about purchasing bit coins but if there's any alternative way of contributing I'd be interested & so would other members who'd like to contribute I reckon.

Btw what happened to all those threads an entire army of dedicated volunteers scraped from DFI ? Are we going to see it uploaded in their successor threads out here any time soon or in an archive ,if at all.

@hit&run ; @SKC ; @Suryavanshi ; @haldilal ; @Indx TechStyle et al .

Asking on behalf of @iNorthernerOn9 & no , this post won't be deleted.

Guys, no need for normies who've never used Bitcoin before to learn about it and donate. The server cost is less than 0.5% of the Admin's income. Admin is happy to pay from his pocket.

This post was made, more due to transparency issues and not due to shortage of funds.

Guys, no need for normies who've never used Bitcoin before to learn about it and donate. The server cost is less than 0.5% of the Admin's income. Admin is happy to pay from his pocket.

This post was made, more due to transparency issues and not due to shortage of funds.
Dude you gotta let us contribute so we can feel some sense of ownership and pride.

You seem to be great guy who'd be fun to know in real life - humble polite to fault self deprecating affable too apart from many other such positive attributes.

Really looking forward to you buying out X from Musk not too far in the future. Till then this forum can serve as a training ground for what can accomplished later.

Well I googled.
In the US for example Fidelity Investments will let you buy and sell bitcoin but you cannot donate it except to Fidelity Charitable fund

Paypal will let you buy and sell bitcoin but cannot transfer it outside of paypal

So
(1) what other platform is there through which we can donate funds to DFB or buy and donate bitcoin - For USA users and for Indian users (I am a USA user)
(2) Could you not just open a Current account or something in the name of DFB - and we could just wire the money to that account

Well I googled.
In the US for example Fidelity Investments will let you buy and sell bitcoin but you cannot donate it except to Fidelity Charitable fund

Paypal will let you buy and sell bitcoin but cannot transfer it outside of paypal

So
(1) what other platform is there through which we can donate funds to DFB or buy and donate bitcoin - For USA users and for Indian users (I am a USA user)
(2) Could you not just open a Current account or something in the name of DFB - and we could just wire the money to that account
US users can purchase Bitcoin on https://www.coinbase.com/ via Card and Bank Transfer.

Once the purchase is done, the bitcoin can be withdrawn to the DFB wallet address provided in the sidebar.

bc1qgdvxuyq48tkjqvpe38tg3k6y0jlwtcxzfpf4wt​

The current account option is out of discussion according to @Bharat . Anonymity is extremely important for DFB and crypto is the only way he's comfortable.

Also, any user can check how much donations were received as the info is public on the blockchain.

It's a bit technical which is why @Bharat stressed that normies don't have to take the extra pain to send Bitcoin.

US users can purchase Bitcoin on https://www.coinbase.com/ via Card and Bank Transfer.

Once the purchase is done, the bitcoin can be withdrawn to the DFB wallet address provided in the sidebar.

The current account option is out of discussion according to @Bharat . Anonymity is extremely important for DFB and crypto is the only way he's comfortable.

Also, any user can check how much donations were received as the info is public on the blockchain.

It's a bit technical which is why @Bharat stressed that normies don't have to take the extra pain to send Bitcoin.
Ok. I will check it out and try.

I am happy to contribute as well, however Bitcoin will be a bit tricky from Germany along with the fact that I am a normie. Will go through the ways and see what can be done.

I am happy to contribute as well, however Bitcoin will be a bit tricky from Germany along with the fact that I am a normie. Will go through the ways and see what can be done.
It's a choice between anonymity vs revenue for @Bharat

Anonymity = Less to no revenue due to accepting only crypto donations but identity will be safe.

Alternative is accepting donations via Paypal or Stripe which will lead to identity being exposed.

It's a choice between anonymity vs revenue for @Bharat

Anonymity = Less to no revenue due to accepting only crypto donations but identity will be safe.

Alternative is accepting donations via Paypal or Stripe which will lead to identity being exposed.
It absolutely makes sense. No issues with that.

Thanks @Vinash
(1) So I opened a coinbase account. It took a few minutes. Just go to sign up on the website. It permits residents of lots of countries to open accounts. EU was there up front. I did not check for India but I am sure that it was there.

(2) Funded with bank Visa debit card. Had to upload drivers license pic for it to activate. Just go to help and say activate debt card or something and it will take you to the page to upload Driving License pic.

(3) Bought bitcoin. It would let me buy only $100 worth. I wanted to buy $400. It will probably expand limit in a few days. I signed up for free trading for 7 days so I saved $4.19 trading fee.

(4) Clicked link to withdraw bitcoin. It wants to know what network to use and also wants email, phone number of recipient of receiver. How shall I deposit to the bitcoin address you provided.

(5) I also had to reupload Driver License pic in order to have the ability to send bitcoin which I did.

(6) Indian users will probably have to upload KYC or fill it on the site online. EU users may also have to provide some documentaton.

So @Vinash please respond to item (4) above.