Chit Chat

I personally don't think this government will encourage much investments in Punjab & WB partially due to fact that these states favour the opposition parties but mostly due to the fact that the political situation in these states are volatile. To this list & scenario I'd also include Chandigarh.

I mean if you get foreign investment there & things go bad it'd have an enormous impact on future investments in India & I'm referring to regular run of the mill investments not the kind of strategic sectors like what the SMC eco system is all about.

Those will mostly be concentrated in the west & south for obvious reasons , with a couple of projects up in the north or east like the ATMP plant coming up in Assam. Nothing more than that .
Chandigarh was always in BJP kitty, kher was not good choice yet people voted on modi. Bjo took chd for granted. Chd is full of himachalus, uttarakhandis, jammuites haryanvis apart from punjabi (sikh and hindu). Developing tricity periphery. will uplift western haryana, southern himachal and easteren punjab. If tbey wanted to skirt punjab they could have de eloped panchkula who voted bjp to power twice. But BJP literally ignored north west. The major investment push was in kashmir par of jammu and kashmir. CHD anway came under central govt - doesnt really matter much who is mp or which party has municipal. Powerful sectors in northern part come under Central govt rule anyway via administrators

Even this time bjp lost by margin of just 2000 votes that too periphery which anyway is fastly becoming demographic nightmare. People has started banning greenies poorvis from settling in villages around chd.

Thing can go south in any state, you already have parallel army strength displayed time to time by certain communities or parties. Its earily similar to how Sikhs started strength show prior to sikh sooba. But control of central govt and state what really matters.

Last edited:
Cheap Mentality doesn't take us anywhere. Unless Gormint imposes extorbitant amount of taxes on imported machinery these people won't strive. Usually this field is very R&D and capital intensive. It needs continuous improvements. In addition to generic profits, Jyothi and such Indigenous ones especially need more money to be spent on R&D to catch up to established players. Otherwise they would just be selling same products and eventually fade into oblivion. Gareeb mindset desi companies would rather import machines form Cheen who does salami slicing than support a indigenous product.
Well the Gormint can propose PLI kind of scheme where Manufacturer are encouraged to use such Desi Machines instead of imported ones for their manufacturing operations thereby creating a demand for such machines in domestic markets. Its not about Gareeb Desi mindset..it about options to buy the best for the buck. Even Americans do that...Cheen products are hugely subsidized by their CCP Gormint which creates unfair advantage to them.. I think Indian Gormint is very much into about not giving any market space to Cheeni companies..and looking for oppurtunities to ban them. It wont happen overnight but will take time. Well big MNC companies in India are already buying from such CNC Manufacturers as shown in their website, I am talking about SMME Factores..which often shy away from upgrades due to hostile tax policies which wont let them scale up or they loose their tax benefits as well as lack/access to bank credits/loans to do such purchases. Just like computeratization, Industrial modernization with such machines is important if we want to have an actual Industrial Revolution as well increase our Industrial thoughput

Yes I am fully aware of the issues in the 80s under Reagan.. but India also supported Soviets on its invasion of Afghanistan in the UN etc. Hence the anti-Indianess, but compared to 70s where things went complete down south post 71 war as well as 75 Nuclear test..it was getting better not the way we expect but nonetheless. Yes American Establishment post Eisenhower and Kennedy was completely lost to the NeoLib/Con group who saw things through a hegemonic lens as well as 'either you are with us or against' and never liked India's neutral stance. This is now biting them back since its no longer America No 1 or the sole power. But there are other stakeholders too. The establishment both Dems and Rep are becoming unpopular by its own people..but these old farts are tone deaf and wont step down.
All agreed. Except support to afganistan was quid pro return favor for support india got from ussr in thwarting us fleet in 71.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back