IAF's Sukhoi Su-30MKI

SU30SM2 is the next version of the Russian SU30SM which was itself the Russian version of the SU30MKI without western stuff.
From the auto translated subtitles.
SU30SM2 will have twice has powerful radar.
Titanium is used in engine tunnel of the frame vs Aluminum of the older SU30SM.
Gets same engine as the SU35 and current SU57 that are flying.
Gets new ground weapons, possibly a improved targeting pod.
New software.
More bays under the cockpit to house new electronics subsystems for avionics.
SU30SM is being widely used by Russians its primary task is to take out Air defenses, its been credited for taking out the Patriot. Its also more useful to take out slow moving drones thanks to having a navigator.
Russian Navy also uses the SU30SM and have praised it, the Navy operated SU30 have taken out drones, helicopters, sea drones.
Praises India for saving the Irkut plant and thanks India and Malaysia for helping them learn and fix and improve the SU30 line. Even in the old video of the SU30 several years back they always praised India for saving them. Just like in the newer video of SU30SM2.
Original channel was and is still banned by youtube.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z7VQtfGjSd4

I am relatively new indian defence so i just hame some questions about our sukhois
1-What type of jamming pods are currenly in use and are they able to counter chinese Pl-15 brv missiles and are they attached on the wing tip or in the pylons or both ?
2-Will our current Su30s be able to fight the latest Jf17 blk3 as they have better radar , jamming capabilities and bvr missiles compared to our Su30s
3-How many of our Su30 are currenly being equipped with astra missiles and till when can we expect all of our su30 be equipped with astra missiles

I am relatively new indian defence so i just hame some questions about our sukhois
1-What type of jamming pods are currenly in use and are they able to counter chinese Pl-15 brv missiles and are they attached on the wing tip or in the pylons or both ?
2-Will our current Su30s be able to fight the latest Jf17 blk3 as they have better radar , jamming capabilities and bvr missiles compared to our Su30s
3-How many of our Su30 are currenly being equipped with astra missiles and till when can we expect all of our su30 be equipped with astra missiles
hi

regarding jamming pods i cant comment on specs but we use
israeli elta ell-8212 jamming pods
and russian sap-14 jammer pod
countering missiles depends on many factor other than jamming pods like
  • range of missile
  • distance travelled
  • seeker accuracy
  • correct detonation
  • energy of missile left
  • ir accuracy in case chaff and other stuff is deployed
  • manuverability of missile and aircraft
  • lastly LUCK
it doesnt have better radar /jamming capabilities /but have better bvr missile right now (dont worry astra and mk2 is coming soon enough)

third point can be answered by iaf only buddy probably they would refrain from talking it in public :roflb: :plane: (we didnt know iaf had rampage/rocks missiles before it was leaked intentionally)

it doesnt have better radar /jamming capabilities /but have better bvr missile right now (dont worry astra and mk2 is coming soon enough)
Block 3 does have AESA radar KLJ-7A, which should be better at those things. And should be a better radar than su30MKI's N011M.

KLJ-7A has upto 1000 TRMs according to some sources.

Real ID se aao PAF!

Block 3 does have AESA radar KLJ-7A, which should be better at those things. And should be a better radar than su30MKI's N011M.

Oil or air cooled?

Number of trm is just a basic thing ither factors like peak power cooling and all are big factors too

Bars though old is a very formidable radar the upgraded radar would take su30 radar capabilities to other 5 th gen fighters

According to area su 30 can fit 4000+ trm but engine power would limit it to 2000 or so number

Number of trm is just a basic thing ither factors like peak power cooling and all are big factors too

Bars though old is a very formidable radar the upgraded radar would take su30 radar capabilities to other 5 th gen fighters

According to area su 30 can fit 4000+ trm but engine power would limit it to 2000 or so number
The Modified Uttam AESA is gonna be insane on the su30mki, I would say it would be on par with some of the best 4.5 fighters like Rafale, F15EX(maybe), J16 etc.

I say on par because power output that the engine can produce on su30 is still pretty limited. That’s why I say we should have bought al41s for our su30s.

hi

regarding jamming pods i cant comment on specs but we use
israeli elta ell-8212 jamming pods
and russian sap-14 jammer pod
countering missiles depends on many factor other than jamming pods like
  • range of missile
  • distance travelled
  • seeker accuracy
  • correct detonation
  • energy of missile left
  • ir accuracy in case chaff and other stuff is deployed
  • manuverability of missile and aircraft
  • lastly LUCK

third point can be answered by iaf only buddy probably they would refrain from talking it in public :roflb: :plane: (we didnt know iaf had rampage/rocks missiles before it was leaked intentionally)
Ik not the correct thread but how capable is the pl 15 compared to astra

Why most people have false conception that AESA radar use more energy than PESA ?
Its not that it uses more energy, frankly its more efficient. But to make full use of 2000 TRMs you need a whole lot more energy than PESA does because now instead of 1 you have 2000 different transmitters.

Ik not the correct thread but how capable is the pl 15 compared to astra
different category not comparable i would compare it to astra mk2 when released since pakis are going to get the 145km pl-15 export version other then that we cant really tell how well/bad it performs irl but astra has performed really well even struck a target at 80-90km which is really good

Its not that it uses more energy, frankly its more efficient. But to make full use of 2000 TRMs you need a whole lot more energy than PESA does because now instead of 1 you have 2000 different transmitters.

It will not use 2000 TRMs. It will use allmost same amount of TRM as PESA.

Even SU-57 radar use 1500 TRMs only. So I don't think engine power will be an issue here.

It will not use 2000 TRMs. It will use allmost same amount of TRM as PESA.

Even SU-57 radar use 1500 TRMs only. So I don't think engine power will be an issue here.
Same amount of TRM as PESA? You mean 1 TRM?

Yes Su57 does have only 1500 TRMs, lets say su30mki's Uttasm AESA also has 1500 TRMs.
But the difference is su57 uses the more powerful AL41 engines.

In the latest display of the specs of thesu 30 mki at pitchblack exercise r77 missile was no written. Was this just a mistake or IAF really replaced all its r77 missile on su30 with astra alreadyGUDB4RYWgAAGRJ8.jpg

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back