Indian Airforce Exercises with Foreign Air Forces

So today, I visited AFS Jodhpur for Ex. Tarang Shakti DefExpo, from IIT Jodhpur. My first time seeing all these cool aircraft up close, so goddam thrilling!

First up were static displays of LCH Prachand, C-130 Hercules, E/A-18 Growler, A-10 Warthog, LCA Mk-1 FOC Tejas, F16 Blk 52, F16 + ADV, Sukhoi Su-30 MKI, SAAB Global 6000, and even a brand new C-295 parked by sometime later!

There were many, many foreign pilots and ground crew present. Had a small chat with Australian and USAF pilots regarding the Growler and Warthog - pods, weapons, their roles, etc. Also chatted with the Indian pilot of Tejas (who was impressed I knew that it was an FOC variant). Pretty cool.

Then there were several stalls for foreign air forces selling merch (too expensive - USAF guys were selling Tees for 25$ !). After that were Indian stalls - various helicopter, fighter jet squardrons, Garuds, TACDE, SKAT, etc. all with their individual merch offerings. Bought quite a bit of it.

Also tried some weapons - saw Galil, Negev, Sig Sauer 556 (?), Carl Gustaf RCL, and lo - quad-NODs as well! Very amazing time.

Finally was the time for the airshow - started off with the LCH, then Tejas, then MKI and finally the Suryakiran team - what an unforgettable experience!

Mazaa aa gaya!

dhruv.pngea18.pngf16.jpglch.jpgSSG.jpgstatic.jpg
WhatsApp Image 2024-09-07 at 13.39.37_5118aa8c.jpgWhatsApp Image 2024-09-07 at 13.42.57_dd154c23.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
So today, I visited AFS Jodhpur for Ex. Tarang Shakti DefExpo, from IIT Jodhpur. My first time seeing all these cool aircraft up close, so goddam thrilling!

First up were static displays of LCH Prachand, C-130 Hercules, E/A-18 Growler, A-10 Warthog, LCA Mk-1 FOC Tejas, F16 Blk 52, F16 + ADV, Sukhoi Su-30 MKI, SAAB Global 6000, and even a brand new C-295 parked by sometime later!

There were many, many foreign pilots and ground crew present. Had a small chat with Australian and USAF pilots regarding the Growler and Warthog - pods, weapons, their roles, etc. Also chatted with the Indian pilot of Tejas (who was impressed I knew that it was an FOC variant). Pretty cool.

Then there were several stalls for foreign air forces selling merch (too expensive - USAF guys were selling Tees for 25$ !). After that were Indian stalls - various helicopter, fighter jet squardrons, Garuds, TACDE, SKAT, etc. all with their individual merch offerings. Bought quite a bit of it.

Also tried some weapons - saw Galil, Negev, Sig Sauer 556 (?), Carl Gustaf RCL, and lo - quad-NODs as well! Very amazing time.

Finally was the time for the airshow - started off with the LCH, then Tejas, then MKI and finally the Suryakiran team - what an unforgettable experience!

Mazaa aa gaya!

View attachment 8668View attachment 8669View attachment 8670View attachment 8671View attachment 8673View attachment 8674View attachment 8675View attachment 8676
View attachment 8677View attachment 8678
Bhai apke doston ne kya galti Kiya hai unke faces bhi blur kar dete
Anyway amazing shots
And wonderful collection of batches
But I can't still believe garuds kept sig-716 with just magnifier
Falke holo sight kaha gaya
Although dekha hai par fir bhi quads ke pics dalo na

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode