Indian Navy Developments & Discussions

so with the commissioning of last kalvari class submarine by end of this year and 3rd arihant class submarine Aridhaman early next year we will end up having 20 submarines in total :wtf:
Another way of looking at things is in this decade we may well end up inducting only 1 Akula class SSN from Russia if at all .

In the meanwhile , all the 6 Scorpenes will be due for MLU with India make AIP from next year onwards. That means each submarine will be out of action for a good 3-4 years.

By the middle to end of the next decade all the HDW & Kilo class submarines will be retired. As it is their performance now is sub optimal give their age . By the next decade they'd barely move outside the harbour. Their replacements be it the additional 3 Scorpenes or thru the Project 75 I have yet to see the contracts being signed.

Further we'd see 2 SSNs vide Project 77 & possibly 1-2 S-5 class late next decade. So it's a mixed bag.

Another way of looking at things is in this decade we may well end up inducting only 1 Akula class SSN from Russia if at all .

In the meanwhile , all the 6 Scorpenes will be due for MLU with India make AIP from next year onwards. That means each submarine will be out of action for a good 3-4 years.

By the middle to end of the next decade all the HDW & Kilo class submarines will be retired. As it is their performance now is sub optimal give their age . By the next decade they'd barely move outside the harbour. Their replacements be it the additional 3 Scorpenes or thru the Project 75 I have yet to see the contracts being signed.

Further we'd see 2 SSNs vide Project 77 & possibly 1-2 S-5 class late next decade. So it's a mixed bag.
i think kilos and type 209s inducted in 90s most likely will get a life extension refit and may continue to operate till 2040s, agree with every thing else though.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back