Indian Special Forces

The way these days lots of podcast and youtube channels are showing para special forces, it seems that there is a shortage of manpower , the skill set by agniveers is low , or lots of PT trainers are unemployed.

mazak bana rakha hai

Sorry in advance if this comes out really stupid or basic (I just started following these threads again, was active on DFI 2023)

But is there any restructuring of SF being planned (maybe not actively but for future)? There were some posts on DFI that SF officers are in that zone of just thinking of carving out a separate SF regiment while the og Parachute regt. retains previously Airborne units(eg- 5 and 6)and new SF units (eg 12 and 13)

Last edited:
Sorry in advance if this comes out really stupid or basic (I just started following these threads again, was active on DFI 2023)

But is there any restructuring of SF being planned (maybe not actively but for future)? There were some posts on DFI that SF officers are in that zone of just thinking of carving out a separate SF regiment while the og Parachute regt. retains previously Airborne units(eg- 5 and 6)and new SF units (eg 12 and 13)
Their is something cooking but that's after theaterization is done everything depends on that.

The way these days lots of podcast and youtube channels are showing para special forces, it seems that there is a shortage of manpower , the skill set by agniveers is low , or lots of PT trainers are unemployed.

mazak bana rakha hai
These mfs aren't even PT instructor they themselves can't run 2 kms lol but have academies all over Rajasthan and Indore (don't know about other states) it is a big deal here in Rajasthan atleast alot of people join these academies for Army and police bharti

But thats obvious and i guess there is a need for mention simply because of Hollywood and all the seals with their superior writing skills.

a Delta Operator spends time in Infantry then Airborne then Rangers/SF and then volunteers for Delta. By the time he gets to Delta he is in his late 20s/early 30s having mastering over both Basic and Advanced Infantry skills.

A Seal goes signs up for the Navy and then goes straight to Buds and then NSWPS and then SQT and then they get freshly minted. They learn both Basic and Advanced Infantry skills at the same time and a small compressed time. There is a reason why a Ranger QRT follows DevGru around in JSOC

BUT the SEALS own their water bodies and their SOF tactics above and below the water. Which a Delta guy will not be able to do.
My point isn't about who's better or what their training/recruitment/background is like but crapping on the other so called "elite" units simply sets a bad precedent with each throwing potshots at the other. A vet in my local range once said there were specific units that their particular unit was keen on working or collaborating with simply due to a similar animosity which developed ages ago

At least in the Indian context, this concept hasn't caught up like we don't see Paras belittling or constantly boasting they're better than Marcos or vice-versa
Their is something cooking but that's after theaterization is done everything depends on that.
So no less than a decade!

You don't really need all the fancy gear fanboys go gaga over in this thread

Basic equipment and standardization of gear can still go a long way with many units already having a part of the below mentioned stuff in their arsenal

1. HCBHs' from MKU with helmet cover matching the unit's camo
2. IWI Arads for their primary assault rifle or have MARCOS/NSG assess SSSD's M-72 to modify it per their requirements and develop a 10.5" barrel variant for CQB
3. Astr defense's sidearm/handgun and SSSD's Saber .338 LM snipers
4. Armasen's PC and battle belt (modified to carry more pouches/accessories) and ensure they match the camo
5. SMPPs' ballistic plates (lvl-III/IV) for AT's PCs
6. Ask Tonbo/BEL/MKU to make a holographic or red dot. Maybe add a magnifier/thermal at least for a few operators within a unit
7. Tonbo's Quad NODs for Team leads and lead assaulters while everyone else gets Binods
8. Integrated elbow and kneepad inserts instead of the current external ones
9. COMTACS - I don't think any Indian firm makes these but someone like Adani or TASL can with ToT
10. As for camo, MARCOS are pretty good with their multicam and black multicam but they should let go UCP, NSG switches to the same black multicam that MARCOS is using, Paras adopt the new Russian digital green camo we've been seeing lately for units in Kashmir & NE while Garuds remain the same

Most importantly, hire some western/Israeli SOF vets to train our guys
I’d go full american for the trainers tbh. They are only ones who can relate to india as our OPFORs have been similar

Just a decade wow, optimistic today aren't we.
In peace time it takes decades for mordenisation but in war that decades with devlopment is covered in if not months then in years
Initially before Ukraine invasion Russian infantry gear and armour was shit during this war Russian did big sucess after getting thier butt kicked
I hope it doesn't come to that for us but way things are going we all know what's gonna happen knowing mod and our gernals

In peace time it takes decades for mordenisation but in war that decades with devlopment is covered in if not months then in years
Initially before Ukraine invasion Russian infantry gear and armour was shit during this war Russian did big sucess after getting thier butt kicked
I hope it doesn't come to that for us but way things are going we all know what's gonna happen knowing mod and our gernals
It won't we haven't even implemented what we decided in Kargil we aren't Russians or Ukranians we don't change we built different.

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back