Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

FAB DEFENSE Mod & ITL RAPTOR
GRZlIqHWsAAUDZs

GSnJ-lPbIAIVKRc

Indian Army inducts 40 Heavy Duty Hydraulic Mobile Cranes from M/s Tractor India Limited. These versatile, new age and high-tech Cranes will enhance the operational preparedness of Combat Engineers and also enable them to undertake arduous tasks during disaster management.

View: https://x.com/adgpi/status/1813202512159384008

Wrong thread. This is for Modernisation of the Infantry, perhaps another thread is required for maybe Transport and Emgineers.

Drone Handling Training capsule conducted by Golden Katar Division at Jamnagar. Exercise assisted in enhancing understanding of drone functionality & the participants learnt about its multifarious utility in today’s battlefield milieu.
View attachment 3558View attachment 3559View attachment 3560View attachment 3561

share drone related affair here

So i had a chance to talk with a young padwan + friend of mine after long time on teligram, He's a fresh passout from IAF academy, currently ATC or something like that

I asked him about AK-203, like basic training etc toh sabko milti hi hai...

his replies
> muzzle device works great, recoil management is good, stability is good
> accuracy is also good, he could do 1 inch group at 100 metres
> those rails on handguards are uncomfortable for holding bare-handed, 'specially digs in palms when going prone
> when i asked about utilising that krebs-customs style finger-tabbed fire selector on those AK-203s, he said...

his instructor was from para sf, he would make the cadets do rolling (gulaati maarnaa) as punishment had they dared to use their trigger hand in tactical fashion, like we see in youtube videos, by using fingers to actuate the fire selector 🤷‍♂️:facepalm4:

they still insist that soldiers do regular AK fire selection by taking their hand off the handguard, the gripping hand, or that they reload it by taking the gripping hand off and going over-the-top cover to rock the charging handle at opposite side (assuming a shooter is right handed guy here) 🤷‍♂️

my literal reaction was this meme

1722091254518.png

so yeah, a little tid-bit of 'modernisation' with AK-203 in the armed forces

So i had a chance to talk with a young padwan + friend of mine after long time on teligram, He's a fresh passout from IAF academy, currently ATC or something like that

his replies
> those rails on handguards are uncomfortable for holding bare-handed, 'specially digs in palms when going prone
> when i asked about utilising that krebs-customs style finger-tabbed fire selector on those AK-203s, he said...

his instructor was from para sf, he would make the cadets do rolling (gulaati maarnaa) as punishment had they dared to use their trigger hand in tactical fashion, like we see in youtube videos, by using fingers to actuate the fire selector 🤷‍♂️:facepalm4:

they still insist that soldiers do regular AK fire selection by taking their hand off the handguard, the gripping hand, or that they reload it by taking the gripping hand off and going over-the-top cover to rock the charging handle at opposite side (assuming a shooter is right handed guy here) 🤷‍♂️

View attachment 4477

:facepalm4:

his replies

View attachment 4477

When my father was in IAF , INSAS rifle was in service at that time. My father would always actuate the fire selecter with thumb without taking the gripping hand off the pistol grip while operating INSAS rifles, his instructors always trained him like that only . What you are saying was never the norm in IAF service.

When my father was in IAF , INSAS rifle was in service at that time. My father would always actuate the fire selecter with thumb without taking the gripping hand off the pistol grip while operating INSAS rifles, his instructors always trained him like that only . What you are saying was never the norm in IAF service.
That's understandable because INSAS has got actual thumb operated fire selector on left side so a right handed shooter can comfortably get it from safe to semi auto in quick thumb move (although that three-round burst position is located at opposite side that one has to turn it near-180 degrees to select that one 🤷‍♂️) - and INSAS has taken lots of handling things from 1A SLR which also had same drill for selecting fire modes

We're talking about AK-203 which is a little more tactical version of AK in the armed forces, and AKs have their fire selector on right side, that too a big one which can't be easily actuated from trigger hand without taking that hand off from there unless you have big hands; but AK-203 has somewhat mitigated it by providing a finger extension near its bottom like this, compare these two
1722109044616.png
1722109080102.png
so it's a good thing if new recruits are trained or at least allowed to use that tactical feature, it saves that one-two second for a shooter which may sometimes save their lives in intense combats...baki toh paisa de kar yeh laa toh rhe ho par uska upayog hi nahi karne de rhe fir kya faaydaa 🤷‍♂️

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back