Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

For elbow pads i know but I think gloves are important

Proper armament first, no?

What's the regular squad & platoon structure now to be, different for mechanised, mountain & light infantry?
Sig-716, LMG coupled with carbines/Ak-103? ..how many DMRs? Any mortar or grenade launchers?

I was going through Battle Order & ir seems the most recent war-fighting armies today are keeping seperate 40-50 round Squad Automatic Weapon & 100-round LMGs.

Old Soviet
7c83d679d7167e24707f067f0f34778a.jpg
New Russian
57bf604d949ae66751ef6ee827b87f64.jpg

Ukraine.

View: https://twitter.com/battle_order/status/1593939474651971584

Unpopular opinion but our army is horribly outdated and will fold in front of a properly equipped army due to inferior training and firepower/technological disadvantage.

Not only our equipments are outdated but our training and doctrine regimes are outdated as well.

doctrinally, India is bothered about three threats, primarily pakis, now the chini and ever present jihadis.

India is not planning to fight thousands of kms away, if the threat perception was different, planning would have been different. no other country in this world has a stated policy of having to prepare for a two front war, that too with two nuclear capable nations.

- pakis have given up on a military2military conflict with India for now, hence their heavy dependence on jihadis.
- chini have not gone into a war with any one for half a century, so their performance in combat is an enigma.
- if anything two decades of war on terror has taught us, is that you don't use 100,000 $ missile to hit 10$ tents jihadis use.

so the question arises, are the current capabilities sufficient for current threat levels under the dual nuclear over hang. answer is probably yes and it would be even better if all the points under kargil review committee are closed + one full cycle of infantry modernisation is completed which hasn't happened.

GX97xi5X0AAEia-

GX97xjIX0AAWaV7
Indian army jugaad at its peak used double sided tape to attach gopro

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back