Sinking State of Bangladesh: Idiotic Musings

If there's plenty of local supply of hilsa whom exactly are the Bangladeshi exports catering to ? Maharashtrians or South Indians or perhaps Odias ?

Indians & Paxtanis hate each other too yet both consume each others products in varying proportions . Since when has hate come in the way of trade & commerce either locally or globally ?

What happens in your home doesn't necessarily hold good for the entire Bengali community or does it ?

As regards whether people would riot in WB to protest BD's banning of hilsa , well the same people never protested the treatment of Hindu minorities in Bangladesh . Not now not in 1971. But as legend goes even a 5 paise hike in tram fares used to cause riots in Calcutta not very long ago.

I can straight away see you've also an awesome sense of humour perhaps a reflection of the same in your people.
Do you think mere 3000-5000 ton of hilsa that too during September/October is sufficient enough for Bongs of WB?

Also, unfortunately, hindu bengalis actually never protests for the treatment of hindus in BD, just like hindus of Punjab or Rajasthan never do for the treatment of their counterparts in Pakistan. It is not a bong psyche, but general hindu psyche who rarely cares for the burning huts of next village over.

I also don't know where you get your legends from. But, it is true for Indians in general where price hikes by govt in any case always meets with protest. Not an unique bong characteristics either.

So again. You have no idea about bongs, so lay off your barely contained trolling.

As a matter of fact, every ethnic group in India has its quirks and failings. Listing them out to troll each other ain't gonna help any.

Do you think mere 3000-5000 ton of hilsa that too during September/October is sufficient enough for Bongs of WB?
You were the one claiming WB had enough Hilsa to fulfill internal demand. You also claimed only the upper middle class & rich could afford ilish . Now you seem to be singing a different tune .
Also, unfortunately, hindu bengalis actually never protests for the treatment of hindus in BD, just like hindus of Punjab or Rajasthan never do for the treatment of their counterparts in Pakistan. It is not a bong psyche, but general hindu psyche who rarely cares for the burning huts of next village over.
What's the population of Hindus in Paxtan in terms of percentage & numbers as compared to that in BD ? Unless you're of the opinion it's a lost cause because it certainly seems so in Paxtan since 1947 actually. Not so in BD.

The Tamils certainly protested vociferously including giving money & material support to the Tigers in SL during the heyday of their struggle against the government there.

Besides I thought Akla chalo re was pretty much the leitmotif of a Bengali. Hence what Bengal thinks today , India thinks tomorrow.

I personally think it was a tragedy Jyoti Basu didn't become the PM in 1996. The rest of India missed a chance of becoming WB. I say this in all earnestness & honesty.

I also don't know where you get your legends from.
From your own country cousins , who else ? All the way from Bongo & all this while munching chini bodam. Why ? Coz bodam is too expensive & it isn't state property to destroy or loot .

But, it is true for Indians in general where price hikes by govt in any case always meets with protest. Not an unique bong characteristics either.
The rest of the country tends to vote out such parties. In Bongo , it's a little bit extra & spicy - shorshe based masala you see.

So again. You have no idea about bongs, so lay off your barely contained trolling.
Where did I claim to be the expert here ? If I've seen further , it's by sitting on the shoulder of giants , which in this case happen to be bongs.

As a matter of fact, every ethnic group in India has its quirks and failings. Listing them out to troll each other ain't gonna help any.
Of course they do. Which is why we congregate here to take the mickey out of them .

You were the one claiming WB had enough Hilsa to fulfill internal demand. You also claimed only the upper middle class & rich could afford ilish . Now you seem to be singing a different tune .

What's the population of Hindus in Paxtan in terms of percentage & numbers as compared to that in BD ? Unless you're of the opinion it's a lost cause because it certainly seems so in Paxtan since 1947 actually. Not so in BD.

The Tamils certainly protested vociferously including giving money & material support to the Tigers in SL during the heyday of their struggle against the government there.

Besides I thought Akla chalo re was pretty much the leitmotif of a Bengali. Hence what Bengal thinks today , India thinks tomorrow.

I personally think it was a tragedy Jyoti Basu didn't become the PM in 1996. The rest of India missed a chance of becoming WB. I say this in all earnestness & honesty.

From your own country cousins , who else ? All the way from Bongo & all this while munching chini bodam. Why ? Coz bodam is too expensive & it isn't state property to destroy or loot .

The rest of the country tends to vote out such parties. In Bongo , it's a little bit extra & spicy - shorshe based masala you see.

Where did I claim to be the expert here ? If I've seen further , it's by sitting on the shoulder of giants , which in this case happen to be bongs.

Of course they do. Which is why we congregate here to take the mickey out of them .
Are you for real?

You appear to not have even any idea about how much Hilsa gets imported from BD! Yet giving looooong sermons and passing remarks. Grow some brain.

3000-5000 ton hilsa gets imported from BD only. Understood? Rest comes from WB and Orissa.

Btw, you seem to be a curious one who thinks that since BD hindu population still survives in numbers there should be protest, but since hindus are at the verge of extinction in Porkistan, there is no need to protest. Logic died a thousand death.

You seem to have been abused by some bengali which caused you to grow a hatred for Bengalis. I am sorry for your tragedy. It shouldn't have happened. But I assure you, you won't be molested any more if you visit WB.

Yeah, bengalis are in intellectual decline today and many try to live in their past glory. But that doesn't take away that indeed once Bengalis pioneered in sea changes in Indian society. Heck, when rest of the India is still struggling to rise above casteism in 2024, WB has gotten over that vile practice at least 30 years back even from its rural areas.

Wtf is my country cousin? What is my country? It is India. Are you not an Indian?

I don't know what part of INDIA you come from, and I DON'T CARE. But, I hope you are not a prime example of the people that hail from there.

What rest of the country vote out whom. Rest of the country is even more seeped with all kinds of freebie appeasement than WB. So much so that when WB was supposed to go bankrupt, it turns out Punjab and Uttarakhand surged ahead to claim the victory. Even Yogi waved of Lakhs of crores worth agri loans.

I don't know who these giants are. But if you are getting abused by them, report to the cops instead of trying abuse an ethnic group about whom you have zero knowledge.

Are you for real?

You appear to not have even any idea about how much Hilsa gets imported from BD! Yet giving looooong sermons and passing remarks. Grow some brain.

3000-5000 ton hilsa gets imported from BD only. Understood? Rest comes from WB and Orissa.

Btw, you seem to be a curious one who thinks that since BD hindu population still survives in numbers there should be protest, but since hindus are at the verge of extinction in Porkistan, there is no need to protest. Logic died a thousand death.

You seem to have been abused by some bengali which caused you to grow a hatred for Bengalis. I am sorry for your tragedy. It shouldn't have happened. But I assure you, you won't be molested any more if you visit WB.

Yeah, bengalis are in intellectual decline today and many try to live in their past glory. But that doesn't take away that indeed once Bengalis pioneered in sea changes in Indian society. Heck, when rest of the India is still struggling to rise above casteism in 2024, WB has gotten over that vile practice at least 30 years back even from its rural areas.

Wtf is my country cousin? What is my country? It is India. Are you not an Indian?

I don't know what part of INDIA you come from, and I DON'T CARE. But, I hope you are not a prime example of the people that hail from there.

What rest of the country vote out whom. Rest of the country is even more seeped with all kinds of freebie appeasement than WB. So much so that when WB was supposed to go bankrupt, it turns out Punjab and Uttarakhand surged ahead to claim the victory. Even Yogi waved of Lakhs of crores worth agri loans.

I don't know who these giants are. But if you are getting abused by them, report to the cops instead of trying abuse an ethnic group about whom you have zero knowledge.
can u explain ur word "when WB was supposed to go bankrupt, it turns out punjab and uttarakhand surged ahead to claim the victory".
i mean uttarakhand is far behind in debt to gdp ratio. uttarakhand debt to gdp ratio is near 28.2 %. meanwhile punjab's debt to gdp ratio is near 46.8%, bengal's debt to ratio is near 37.1% nd arunanchal pradesh highest debt to gdp ratio is near 53% in 2024.
this is map of borrowing by states in 2021...
images (2).jpeg

Last edited:
Are you for real?

Look you either argue hilsa from BD doesn't matter or it does. You can't have your hilsa & eat it too . You're arguing both ways. In one post you say there's plenty of local hilsa going around. Then you say 3-5000 tons of hilsa isn't enough.

You qualified your initial post by saying only certain sections in society can afford hilsa therefore implying not everybody is into it . And now after tying yourself in knots you're questioning if I'm real ? Are you , I'm asking ?

Not at all. The fallacy is in your thinking. To fight one of the pre requisite is numbers. When you're hopelessly outnumbered there's little you can do or achieve. Hindus in Paxtan or Afghanistan for that matter have no choice.

They either migrate over here or convert or perish over there. You're talking about 5 million versus some 240 million hostiles. What're the odds they'd achieve anything leave aside something substantial. Now do the same calculations for the Hindus in Bangladesh.

Out of a population of 170 million , Hindus & Buddhists comprise nearly 9% of the population. That's 15 million.

Now this simple exercise flowing out of simple logic would be clear to anybody except the likes of you . Why am I not surprised at all the wrong choices over the past 5 decades ?

Abused by bengalis while you seem to be tearing your hair here ? Are you projecting your experiences upon me ? Please don't. It's embarrassing especially at your age & if that's a ruse you're attempting it went out in kindergarten where I am . Try better.

In that respect I admire the Sindhis. They're truly a casteless society. Btw matrimonial columns in newspapers & websites still have suitors proudly mention their caste as far as Bengalis go & seek proposals from their own . No clue what it is in terms of statistics but it sort of blows your attempt at portraying bongo as a casteless utopia out of water.

I meant your fellow Bengalis. That's what country cousin normally means except of a more rustic kind. Never knew your proficiency in the English language was a bit iffy. Was always under the impression Bengalis had a sound grasp over the English language owing to the extra century of servitude they spent under the British.

Look here , you're breaking my heart.

May be so. Just to clarify we weren't discussing freebies . That's a separate discussion. We were discussing the avowed aversion of bongs to rate hikes especially trams once upon a time & their propensity to indulge in violence to give the authorities a piece of their mind accompanied by bandhs , hartals , chakka jam etc .

I see well known phrases which are easily recognisable are wasted on you . Pearls before swine ? Are you truly a bong ? I mean you argue like one . But you what , I'm beginning to concur with your assessment of the great fall in the intellectual abilities of these once wonderful people. Just didn't realise the fall was so steep.

Guys both of you Hilsa mitti chi pao aur dono ek doosre ko finest rosgulla & konkani coconut modak khilao

Hilsa ain't all that big in Bengal tbh.

It's a very expensive delicacy that is offered in some really rich weddings and consumed during special festivities by the poorer classes.

It is nothing that people would break bangles over or even register as an inconvenience.

Look you either argue hilsa from BD doesn't matter or it does. You can't have your hilsa & eat it too . You're arguing both ways. In one post you say there's plenty of local hilsa going around. Then you say 3-5000 tons of hilsa isn't enough.

You qualified your initial post by saying only certain sections in society can afford hilsa therefore implying not everybody is into it . And now after tying yourself in knots you're questioning if I'm real ? Are you , I'm asking ?

Not at all. The fallacy is in your thinking. To fight one of the pre requisite is numbers. When you're hopelessly outnumbered there's little you can do or achieve. Hindus in Paxtan or Afghanistan for that matter have no choice.

They either migrate over here or convert or perish over there. You're talking about 5 million versus some 240 million hostiles. What're the odds they'd achieve anything leave aside something substantial. Now do the same calculations for the Hindus in Bangladesh.

Out of a population of 170 million , Hindus & Buddhists comprise nearly 9% of the population. That's 15 million.

Now this simple exercise flowing out of simple logic would be clear to anybody except the likes of you . Why am I not surprised at all the wrong choices over the past 5 decades ?

Abused by bengalis while you seem to be tearing your hair here ? Are you projecting your experiences upon me ? Please don't. It's embarrassing especially at your age & if that's a ruse you're attempting it went out in kindergarten where I am . Try better.

In that respect I admire the Sindhis. They're truly a casteless society. Btw matrimonial columns in newspapers & websites still have suitors proudly mention their caste as far as Bengalis go & seek proposals from their own . No clue what it is in terms of statistics but it sort of blows your attempt at portraying bongo as a casteless utopia out of water.

I meant your fellow Bengalis. That's what country cousin normally means except of a more rustic kind. Never knew your proficiency in the English language was a bit iffy. Was always under the impression Bengalis had a sound grasp over the English language owing to the extra century of servitude they spent under the British.

May be so. Just to clarify we weren't discussing freebies . That's a separate discussion. We were discussing the avowed aversion of bongs to rate hikes especially trams once upon a time & their propensity to indulge in violence to give the authorities a piece of their mind accompanied by bandhs , hartals , chakka jam etc .

I see well known phrases which are easily recognisable are wasted on you . Pearls before swine ? Are you truly a bong ? I mean you argue like one . But you what , I'm beginning to concur with your assessment of the great fall in the intellectual abilities of these once wonderful people. Just didn't realise the fall was so steep.

Ab bachche ki jaan lega kyaa?? Rahem karo abhi.

can u explain ur word "when WB was supposed to go bankrupt, it turns out punjab and uttarakhand surged ahead to claim the victory".
i mean uttarakhand is far behind in debt to gdp ratio. uttarakhand debt to gdp ratio is near 28.2 %. meanwhile punjab's debt to gdp ratio is near 46.8%, bengal's debt to ratio is near 37.1% nd arunanchal pradesh highest debt to gdp ratio is near 53% in 2024.
this is map of borrowing by states in 2021...
View attachment 10417
Sorry. I wanted to say Himachal. Forgot to recheck. My bad.

Learn english. Mere 3000-5000 ton means 3000-5000 ton is little amount. Mere means only. Understood?

Only certain section of society have been able to afford Hilsa on regular basis for last several years. In fact, a minimum of 2 decades. Not popular protest took place. Why do you think Bongs will get their undies in twist if they don't get BD Hilsa.|

As a matter fact, social media is circulating posts urging people to not buy BD hilsa by bongs themselves.

What kind of prerequisite of numbers is required to stage protest for Porkistani minorities within India? If you are talking about Porkistani minorities being low in number and therefore unable to stage protest, then wtf is your point about WB Bongs. Do you think we live in BD? Do you even have a basic capacity of formulation of any logical argument?

And about caste. non-Casteism is not about marrying into other castes. Casteism is when marrying into other castes is considered sacrilege. Marrying into ones caste when the marriage is arranged is a common practice because of cultural aspects each household has often aligns when one marries into the same caste. SO, some may prefer it when the marriage is arranged. Common sense.

As for Sindhis, wtf is this https://www.sindhimatrimony.com/? Oh, yeah, they can be casteless yet choose their own kind of culture for the family they choose to share there lives with, but bongs shouldn't.

The vitriol you have been showing to the bongs - not only today, but before also, shows you must have been traumatised by them somehow. How else you would grow to detest people about whom you obviously have no idea at all? Perhaps you should get over your kindergarten experience and join the grown ups - doubtful though.

As for country cousin, it means similar group of people from same country-side i.e. either rural or semi-rural area, which is not applicable since you didn't even know from which part of WB I hail from or even if I hail from WB itself. It is never used in the context of ethnicity. By normal people. So come again and teach me english.

Tram is literally dead today. I shall bet that 50% of Kolkata residents under the age of 30 have never set foot on a tram in their lives. And, here you are brining up fair rise of tram to prove some point. WB literally didn't have a successful bandh since 2011 - the only good thing about Mamata. I mean are you even living in 2024?

And why should I care about your certification regarding my identity? Hilarious.

Anyhow, your little intellect perhaps is actually telling you that your wisdoms are 'pearls', after all little wit often culminates into heightened self-worth. But, sorry to break your reverie, you don't even have the basic knowledge to develop any wisdom. You are a prime example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Learn english. Mere 3000-5000 ton means 3000-5000 ton is little amount. Mere means only. Understood?

Only certain section of society have been able to afford Hilsa on regular basis for last several years. In fact, a minimum of 2 decades. Not popular protest took place. Why do you think Bongs will get their undies in twist if they don't get BD Hilsa.|

As a matter fact, social media is circulating posts urging people to not buy BD hilsa by bongs themselves.

What kind of prerequisite of numbers is required to stage protest for Porkistani minorities within India? If you are talking about Porkistani minorities being low in number and therefore unable to stage protest, then wtf is your point about WB Bongs. Do you think we live in BD? Do you even have a basic capacity of formulation of any logical argument?

And about caste. non-Casteism is not about marrying into other castes. Casteism is when marrying into other castes is considered sacrilege. Marrying into ones caste when the marriage is arranged is a common practice because of cultural aspects each household has often aligns when one marries into the same caste. SO, some may prefer it when the marriage is arranged. Common sense.

As for Sindhis, wtf is this https://www.sindhimatrimony.com/? Oh, yeah, they can be casteless yet choose their own kind of culture for the family they choose to share there lives with, but bongs shouldn't.

The vitriol you have been showing to the bongs - not only today, but before also, shows you must have been traumatised by them somehow. How else you would grow to detest people about whom you obviously have no idea at all? Perhaps you should get over your kindergarten experience and join the grown ups - doubtful though.

As for country cousin, it means similar group of people from same country-side i.e. either rural or semi-rural area, which is not applicable since you didn't even know from which part of WB I hail from or even if I hail from WB itself. It is never used in the context of ethnicity. By normal people. So come again and teach me english.

Tram is literally dead today. I shall bet that 50% of Kolkata residents under the age of 30 have never set foot on a tram in their lives. And, here you are brining up fair rise of tram to prove some point. WB literally didn't have a successful bandh since 2011 - the only good thing about Mamata. I mean are you even living in 2024?

And why should I care about your certification regarding my identity? Hilarious.

Anyhow, your little intellect perhaps is actually telling you that your wisdoms are 'pearls', after all little wit often culminates into heightened self-worth. But, sorry to break your reverie, you don't even have the basic knowledge to develop any wisdom. You are a prime example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

Arey bhai, apas mein ladna bandh karo. And I think @Azaad made his initial comment half in jest, so there is no need for you to get so defensive over it.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back