Small Arms and Weapons

Right Arm of the Free World
20241019_151303.jpg
Only the arm is of a boy whose mother used to roam in the woods of Chernobyl when she was pregnent and also the world's no longer free, been overrun by Martian-CommuNazis.
Anyways, shoutout to the upside down Australians; the OGs of this abomination

View attachment 12714
Only the arm is of a boy whose mother used to roam in the woods of Chernobyl when she was pregnent and also the world's no longer free, been overrun by Martian-CommuNazis.

1729331676562.png

View attachment 12714
I always did wonder how would 20 inch barrel bullpup will perform against 16 inch conventional rifle

I always did wonder how would 20 inch barrel bullpup will perform against 16 inch conventional rifle
Let's take the example of a 7.62x51mm gun

20" is 780m/s and 16" is 750m/s.
A decrease of 30m/s would go unnoticed in most cases and start to show up only when you start engaging targets of a 20" 'Designate Marksmen Rifle' instead of the intended range of a 16" 'rifle'.

As for ergonomics, the rule of thumb for rough estimation max length is [barrel]+[7" receiver]+[7" stock]
> 20" bullpup would be 20+7+0 = 27
> 16" conventional would be 16+7+7= 30*
*most conventional rifles would have a folding stock so if you want then you can reduce the length to 16+7+0 = 23"; folding stock is extremely rare in bullpups.

So...naah; no real benefits of a bullpup despite having a longer barrel

The only scenario, at least in my knowledge where a bullpup is clearly better than a conventional rifle is when there's an extreme constraint on length. In that case the barrel of a conventional rifle would get so short that every trigger pull would be a flashbang.

A decrease of 30m/s would go unnoticed in most cases and start to show up only when you start engaging targets of a 20" 'Designate Marksmen Rifle' instead of the intended range of a 16" 'rifle'.

As for ergonomics, the rule of thumb for rough estimation max length is [barrel]+[7" receiver]+[7" stock]
*most conventional rifles would have a folding stock so if you want then you can reduce the length to 16+7+0 = 23"; folding stock is extremely rare in bullpups.

The only scenario, at least in my knowledge where a bullpup is clearly better than a conventional rifle is when there's an extreme constraint on length. In that case the barrel of a conventional rifle would get so short that every trigger pull would be a flashbang.
Gotta respect the dedication 🫡
1729356081095.jpeg

Bullpup are only useful for airborne troops or urban ops due to thier compact nature

Thanks for reply
I respect your knowledge and efforts you put in this forum 🤝

Last edited:

IA procurement: Ye konsi bhasha meh baat kar raha hai? Pacca Dara se aya hai

Gotta respect the dedication 🫡
View attachment 12749
Bullpup are only useful for airborne troops or urban ops due to thier compact nature

Thanks for reply
I respect your knowledge and efforts you put in this forum 🤝
Arrree...thanks thanks

Actually there used to be this extremely knowledgeable Chinese guy on DFI (don't know how many of you remember) who's name sounded like a fried rice corner.
Sadly he's not here so I try me level best to fulfill the void left by him
🥺👉👈
IA procurement: Ye konsi bhasha meh baat kar raha hai? Pacca Dara se aya hai
A meme to summarise everything
a39d1cb11bfb6331d4b4e76d09ef2ab217cf2a9dr1-1770-1446v2_uhq.jpg

View attachment 12714
Ah the Aussie RMC 2 GPIR. They Bulpupped (is that a word ?) an FAL. Apparently stank so bad the Aussie war department wanted it deleted for sheer blasphemy. Created on account of difficulties in handling the FAL/L1A1 in Vietnam. Here's a detailed article on the gun I've found.

Attachments

Ah the Aussie RMC 2 GPIR. They Bulpupped (is that a word ?) an FAL. Apparently stank so bad the Aussie war department wanted it deleted for sheer blasphemy. Created on account of difficulties in handling the FAL/L1A1 in Vietnam. Here's a detailed article on the gun I've found.
its this one :D

Step 1 : Have a ton of .303 Lee-Enfield rifles
Step 2 : Convert almost all of them into 7.62x51mm for easier logistics
Step 3 : For the few remaining, that had too much wear and tear; ream the rifling to make it a smoothbore and chamber it into .410 shot shells for law enforcement role
Step 4 : Who needs a long barrel in a shotgun!? So on a local police armory level start chopping the gun in all possible manner
Step 5 : Why bother with all the shenanigans of rubber bullets and less lethal and non lethal? Start shooting rioters with birdshots and call them "pellet" to confuse the heck out of UN and other bodies
Step 6 : Enjoy
Actually they were never converted im India but the 7.62s were freshly made ones iirc
Also .410s were made specifically for Police forces by the Brits

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back