Centre must be pushed to do something about it, even change in laws..

Georgia Govt tried, they got protests in return.

======​

Thousands protest as Georgia MPs plan to override veto of 'foreign influence' law​

Georgia Govt tried, they got protests in return.

======​

Thousands protest as Georgia MPs plan to override veto of 'foreign influence' law​

Thats why there is a need to do something early, not when they become embedded into our civil system. Georgia waited too long because they were hoping for an EU/NATO membership. They deliberately allowed free reign to US agencies.

Thats why there is a need to do something early, not when they become embedded into our civil system. Georgia waited too long because they were hoping for an EU/NATO membership. They deliberately allowed free reign to US agencies.

U.S is already deeply embedded in our civil society.

- Our preferred foreign currency : U.S $
- Our preferred internet browser : U.S made and owned
- Our preferred social media apps : U.S made and owned
- Our preferred business language : U.S origin theories
- Our preferred foreign colleges for our kids : U.S colleges
- Opposition's political advisors : U.S based Indian academics
etc etc

compared to all this, what garcetti is doing with his new social media influencer project is a minor move..
ofcourse all this does not mean govt or civil society cannot make a fuss about garcetti's new project.

U.S is already deeply embedded in our civil society.

- Our preferred foreign currency : U.S $
- Our preferred internet browser : U.S made and owned
- Our preferred social media apps : U.S made and owned
- Our preferred business language : U.S origin theories
- Our preferred foreign colleges for our kids : U.S colleges
- Opposition's political advisors : U.S based Indian academics
etc etc

compared to all this, what garcetti is doing with his new social media influencer project is a minor move..
ofcourse all this does not mean govt or civil society cannot make a fuss about garcetti's new project.
Actually I was was thinking of creating a separate thread called "Social Engineering Modus Operandi and its effects on India". Lets document and track sudden spurt of "Influencers" who are directly(likes of Rathi, Managal, Satya etc ) or indirectly (oh I am leaving India because of Taxes, Oh babas blind influence and exploitation has spread , oh I am neutral athiest so as an ex hindu I am super subject matter expert on anything Hindu and Indian) types. Also articles like above can be part of such thread. Hopefully this new thread can be kept public and name calling free. @SKC @Indx TechStyle @FalconSlayers your help needed here.

Actually I was was thinking of creating a separate thread called "Social Engineering Modus Operandi and its effects on India". Lets document and track sudden spurt of "Influencers" who are directly(likes of Rathi, Managal, Satya etc ) or indirectly (oh I am leaving India because of Taxes, Oh babas blind influence and exploitation has spread , oh I am neutral athiest so as an ex hindu I am super subject matter expert on anything Hindu and Indian) types. Also articles like above can be part of such thread. Hopefully this new thread can be kept public and name calling free. @SKC @Indx TechStyle @FalconSlayers your help needed here.

yup, not just for the messengers, for keeping track of themes they are trying to amplify.
not just murican/western proxies, we have chini and paki proxies too in our midst.

yup, not just for the messengers, for keeping track of themes they are trying to amplify.
not just murican/western proxies, we have chini and paki proxies too in our midst.
In agreement. This one I can see how its being played out for common Indians who get newly hooked to internet via first smart phone. The news curated on Google, the videos being recommended on Youtube or facebook are first and most impactful social engineering process they undergo over which Govt has no control. People may not agree but Cambridge Analytica findings are being further used to direct more precise social engineering methods and 2024 elections were affected by them. This duly led to reduction of mandate of Modi.

Brits or Islamists needed their physical presence to bring chasms in society to further their colonialism. New form of colonialism is all about using less labour intensive but leveraging technology, turncoats, threats and grooming.

Social Engineering using social media is example of using Technology to groom favorable opinion for onself and not so favorable opinion which neo colonial powers dont like.

Biden administration paying influencers to shape favourable public opinion

Using social media and influencers has become a staple of the narrative-building strategies employed by political parties across the world, especially during election times. In this vein, the Biden administration has reportedly paid several popular influencers to build a favourable narrative ahead of the presidential elections in the country.

The Biden administration’s strategy of paying influencers to help with the upcoming election is driven by a need to engage young voters, who increasingly receive their news and form opinions through social media, ditching the legacy/mainstream media. The Democratic National Committee has developed a comprehensive digital strategy, enlisting approximately 150 influencers to promote pro-Biden content across platforms like Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, etc. A report by The Conversation says that these influencers are being paid over $1 million to publish and promote pro-Biden content.

Notably, the use of influencers aims to reach demographics that traditional political advertisements might miss, particularly young or first-time voters. Influencers, with their popularity and reach, can subtly integrate political messaging into their content, making it appear more authentic and relatable. This approach also leverages the personal connection influencers have with their fans/followers, potentially swaying opinions and encouraging favourable political engagement in a seemingly organic manner, even if it may be legally and ethically questionable. Incidentally, the speculations are rife about pop sensation Taylor Swift endorsing Joe Biden in this presidential election. She had endorsed Biden in 2020 as well.

It is interesting to note that even the American intelligence agency CIA increasingly utilised social media and pop culture to influence public opinion, both domestically and internationally. Reports suggest that this shift aligns with the evolving digital landscape where social media platforms dominate information dissemination and influence. Engaging in pop culture topics allows the CIA to blend into mainstream narratives, making their presence less conspicuous while effectively reaching a broader audience.

X posting from a different thread
=====
after modi visited russia recently, one must have noticed flurry of attempts by BD and Paki journos in WH and pentagon briefings to get a specific response from spokespersons which they didn't get. they were trying to elicit a response which goes along the lines of "since modi went to meet putin, India is bad".

but this is not new, this has been happening for decades, irrespective of political party in power.

some of the recent ones are..

"India bought oil from russia, India is not pro-democracy".
"Modi has majority in parliament, India is a electoral-autocracy".
"India tested ASAT, India is triggering arms race".
"India tested Agni, India is triggering nuclear arms race".
"India bought rafale, India is triggering arms race in sooth asia".
"India did not sign RCEP, India is protectionist".
"India passed citizen amendment law, India is anti-muslim".

this is a theme. anything the country does, there is an attempt to demonise us , and there is a target painted on our back. much of it originates outside of the country, aided and amplified by proxies within.

murican ambassador's influencer project is linked to the amplification from within aspect.

yesterday there was a discussion on newsX, sanjaya baru was using western talking points.

we can't stop these themes, but atleast be aware that there is a format and a pattern to it, if and when the next one pops up.

View: https://youtu.be/j_RpN7ACTag?si=CZMAS9FhiayOT53-

View: https://youtu.be/vPM_hfkkryw?si=Kg7tUhw3quCTmx97

View: https://youtu.be/2Nxvz18cW2U?si=UzQm-8rY6XP0vwgm

View: https://youtu.be/a2MPqz6VqQ4?si=i18wAkPmaCs6l4qh

View: https://youtu.be/3F7Am_SXRuQ?si=tYAeqh7I3-kVJ5l_

A common theme is "Joblessness" and "Tax terrorism", using facade of this they are trying to shape anti establishment sentiment. Seeing number of empathizing comments and views (ai generated or not), but these videos are getting boosted by youtube to common folks.

We must remember Influecers may be involved part time, full time or Just in Time in social engineering efforts. There is remote chance that there might be geniune concern but one can make out from the content of video where the whole story is going.

Last edited:
@Anants, Can you please post more details, infographics on the technicalities of this term and a few other references/resources for members to have a quick understanding of the subject? I will add them to your OP.
The thread title has been changed.
Also, the thread is now sticky.
Thanks

Sure once I hook my phone to monitor and key board I will elaborate more. Kindly also move posts from Indo US relations to this thread which were on this topic.

Sure once I hook my phone to monitor and key board I will elaborate more. Kindly also move posts from Indo US relations to this thread which were on this topic.
I will leave those posts there in that thread so the context is not lost, but copy them here as well.

i have met large number of folks who don't even have any idea about geopolitics but supporting hamas/ukraine for just trying to be cool on social media.
They can't even pinpoint actual countries on map.
They do just virtue signaling on social media.
these useful idiots are very dangerous.
They are not all informed and easy to deceive.
we have large number of those kind in our country.
I am very concerned about this than any other threat.
They are real threat and very dangerous.

i have met large number of folks who don't even have any idea about geopolitics but supporting hamas/ukraine for just trying to be cool on social media.
They can't even pinpoint actual countries on map.
They do just virtue signaling on social media.
these useful idiots are very dangerous.
They are not all informed and easy to deceive.
we have large number of those kind in our country.
I am very concerned about this than any other threat.
They are real threat and very dangerous.
Doc we know that. But what would be more useful if you describe the patterns as we are going old blokes dont know about current trend. Like what Social Media Accounts are supposedly they follow in large numbers(eg they could be fashion glam cars catroons anything non political) but they slowly start posting woke, political or mischevious anti community stuff. This is a type of social engineering which is brainwashing youth. Would be great if you could add your view.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back