Chit Chat

Have any of you ever been in a chemistry lab test where you were supposed to do some salt analysis and you were absolutely clueless. But luckily the lab assistant was a good pal of yours so he whispered in your ears ᵐᵃᵍⁿᵉˢᶦᵘᵐ ˢᵘˡᵖʰᵃᵗᵉ and you wrote it down.
Well now your test was over in just 10 minutes but there should be something to do in the remaining 20 or otherwise the chemistry teacher would understand what's going on. So you started mixing random chemicals, used clamp stand for absolutely no reasons...
Video of Adani defence

View: https://youtu.be/iXkRIF4uUVo

Gaurav long range glide bomb
View attachment 12314

Drone defence equipment
View attachment 12316

Rudram 1
View attachment 12317

Vshorad missile
View attachment 12318

Done launched missile
View attachment 12319

Gaurav glide bomb
View attachment 12315

...don't know why but these guys are giving me the same vibe

People in Himalayas should have their second and main investment in plain areas so that in case of war with China they remain economically well. Where as first investment should be used for settlement in himalayan states.

And no matter if Mods move the important discussion to Chit Chat thread, most people in Himalayas are doing exactly what I just mentioned. They are nationalists but not fools.

Because no government is giving money to build houses in forward area as a resistance. It is going from civilians pocket living there. Government can create infrastructure like roads and power grids but in the end it will be commons man hard earned money which will be used to construct houses.

Just to satisfy some one's ego no person in Himalaya should invest foolishly.

He's a 🤲 🌙Samaji

"Arya Samaji" is a good cloak since you can abuse "idol worshippers" and "sanatan dharmis" openly.

Aaj defence forums ka chapri bhi dekh liya, yeh upar wala hai ek ^^

Pehle sirf bikes pe doltey huye nazar atey thy.

Yeah but he will have to buy exact same model.
Atleast he brought Ddr5, Ddr5 future proof.
He ain't gonna do to hard stuff initially either just learning as need arises get another same 16gb.
No, no such limitation. I have used different combinations of capacity, speed, brand of RAMs in dual channel since ages without any ill effect or problems.

Rom rom @SKC

Is it possible to add a feature where people can browse through DFB's threads without an account but all the pictures, links, attachments would be blurred and you can't do anything with them? If you want to see them or download, then you must be a member.

This would force people to make an account but without the cost of messing up SEO or completely discouraging people from visiting the site.

What do you say @haldilal

Rom rom @SKC

Is it possible to add a feature where people can browse through DFB's threads without an account but all the pictures, links, attachments would be blurred and you can't do anything with them? If you want to see them or download, then you must be a member.

This would force people to make an account but without the cost of messing up SEO or completely discouraging people from visiting the site.

What do you say @haldilal
Right now, I am not sure if there any setting to allow this or any plugin which can achieve this. Need to check in XenForo forum.​

english is a language without a strong core and hence one of the stupidest languages around, it keeps changing every few decades.

try finding shakespeare's (the one these english fellows say "the great" playwright) original lines, you will say WTF.
======

LAUNCH OF MISSILE CUM AMMUNITION (MCA) BARGE, LSAM 10 (YARD 78)​

This is being too much black pilled about Cybersecurity.

It is not like India specific issue; 10 years back there was not much focus on cybersecurity but not just limited to India. pretty much all of our clients, US/EU/Japan were ultra soft on the policies.

Heck! one could even walk in with a personal external HDD and copy whole company data and move out in evening without anyone catching anyone.

When I joined work, Desktops used to rule the offices, barely 10% had laptops. All the ports used to be open, you could connect your phones, pendrive, HDD, etc.

People used to store movies, tv series, on the drives and share the path with each other's. Few systems could run torrents too.

Copying data between client network and our companies network was enabled for long.

By 2016, there was a security drive where they disabled ports in laptops and desktops for personal use. later they disabled shared drives and then scanned drives for personal media.

Later, disabled installation of any kind of softwares. you have to request for license first and then raise request for installation.

There is no admin access given anymore to anyone.

These things have been present in most companies whether private or public. All kind of InfoSec and Cybersecurity policies are available.​
Not sure where you were. But in most Big IT companies of the time, security was taken too seriously even 17-18 years back. USB Ports were blocked, Installation was regulated by ticket system, mp3, mp4 were banned and heck by late 2000'[s - ctrl c ctrl v was also blocked , one had explicitly right click to copy. Barely 5% of timesofindia page used to be accessible. Separate ODC entry exit points were there in addition to normal entries. Some had your phone snatched outside. Product companies in US were quite lax usually but some places were tightly access controlled even two decades back.

Not sure where you were. But in most Big IT companies of the time, security was taken too seriously even 17-18 years back. USB Ports were blocked, Installation was regulated by ticket system, mp3, mp4 were banned and heck by late 2000'[s - ctrl c ctrl v was also blocked , one had explicitly right click to copy. Barely 5% of timesofindia page used to be accessible. Separate ODC entry exit points were there in addition to normal entries. Some had your phone snatched outside. Product companies in US were quite lax usually but some places were tightly access controlled even one and half decades back.
One of the Indian Big-4 during early 2010s. Same was the case of other 3 out of Big-4. Everything used to work, you could save and share anything internally. People used to take source code in Pen Drive back home and then work on the code and bring back solution to office and add to their applications.

I have worked onsite inside Client's office. They had even more relaxed culture, people bringing in their personal external HDD and save the work for the day in that and take it home to work on it in night.

Change happened after mid 2010s; from 2015-16 onwards along with GDPR policies from EU. Nowadays you get a mail from IT team on sending a 10kb excel from your company email to client email.​

Last edited:
One of the Indian Big-4 during early 2010s. Same was the case of other 3 out of Big-4. Everything used to work, you could save and share anything internally. People used to take source code in Pen Drive back home and then work on the code and bring back solution to office and add to their applications.
Lahore Bina Kuwait .... Biradar tum Jannat main they. Agar Jannat thi toh wohi thi wohi thi....
Its suprising - none of the top services company allowed pen drives. I mean in some companies you already had xray checkin's )(some ODC had separate XRAY scan checkin's). One of my known bought his iphone from US with USB chargers, In India people were still warming upto smartphone and few had USB chargers then. Poor guy's USB charger was snatched at entry itself . And this 2009-2011 period. Within team you could share but not outside team network you could share. heck your company emails were getting scanned since early 2000.

Taking source code in Pen drive that too in 2010.... 😱😨 This was something probably possible late 90's to early 2ks. by mid 2ks - pen drives were banned, things were xray scanned before you even were let in. Even biggies who had company laptops had to have them scanned for check in and check out

I have worked onsite inside Client's office. They had even more relaxed culture, people bringing in their personal external HDD and save the work for the day in that and take it home to work on it in night.

Change happened after mid 2010s; from 2015-16 onwards along with GDDR policies from EU. Nowadays you get a mail from IT team on sending a 10kb excel from your company email to client email.​
Yeah client offices especially for some flavor of product companies - things were lax Hawaii style when compared to Gulag system in IT companies in India way back in mid y2k decade onwards. But some companies like telecom, banking , automotive and Heavy engineering were always very paranoid and had strict access control - even insisted having their own layer of access controls for ODC's .

Lahore Bina Kuwait .... Biradar tum Jannat main they. Agar Jannat thi toh wohi thi wohi thi....
Its suprising - none of the top services company allowed pen drives. I mean in some companies you already had xray checkin's )(some ODC had separate XRAY scan checkin's). One of my known bought his iphone from US with USB chargers, In India people were still warming upto smartphone and few had USB chargers then. Poor guy's USB charger was snatched at entry itself . And this 2009-2011 period. Within team you could share but not outside team network you could share. heck your company emails were getting scanned since early 2000.

Taking source code in Pen drive that too in 2010.... 😱😨 This was something probably possible late 90's to early 2ks. by mid 2ks - pen drives were banned, things were xray scanned before you even were let in. Even biggies who had company laptops had to have them scanned for check in and check out

Yeah client offices especially for some flavor of product companies - things were lax Hawaii style when compared to Gulag system in IT companies in India way back in mid y2k decade onwards. But some companies like telecom, banking , automotive and Heavy engineering were always very paranoid and had strict access control - even insisted having their own layer of access controls for ODC's .
We had those scanners with the Guards in most of our offices back then. But people still used to sneak in things.
I am surprised that many of you don't know the relaxed nature of IT security in Major Indian IT service providers. Everything was open back then but with time it has changed and now it is almost impossible to take anything out with you.

There used to be free access to the big printers (one was present in every ODC) and people used to print out whole books using them. But then they restricted access to printers to the leads and managers only. With time they added limitation of number of prints per person per month. Later Printers were consolidated and allotted single printer per floor.​

The Clients I have worked with are majorly US Automotive, Oil and Energy sectors clients only who consider Data as wealth and act like it is the most important thing for them. Even these clients used to very relaxed back then.​

We had those scanners with the Guards in most of our offices back then. But people still used to sneak in things.
I am surprised that many of you don't know the relaxed nature of IT security in Major Indian IT service providers. Everything was open back then but with time it has changed and now it is almost impossible to take anything out with you.
Sneak things to do what? I mean even if people sneaked USB they would be useless as ports were disabled. I means ports have been disabled since from so long. infact by mid 2k's , systems were in place - if anybody tried to insert USB into a PC - an alert would have gone to IT and IT would have sent escalation to higher ups.

Early half of Y2k decade half - access restrictions could be bypassed by disabling few system files - but that workaround was quickly nixed with more sophisticated access control.

There used to be free access to the big printers (one was present in every ODC) and people used to print out whole books using them. But then they restricted access to printers to the leads and managers only. With time they added limitation of number of prints per person per month. Later Printers were consolidated and allotted single printer per floor.​
Yea that is true. Before Not only before people were printing complete books - you also had few color printers access too. Some People liked colored printouts of chm files (before PDF's completely dominated ebook scene)

The Clients I have worked with are majorly US Automotive, Oil and Energy sectors clients only who consider Data as wealth and act like it is the most important thing for them. Even these clients used to very relaxed back then.​
Could be client specific then. Euro, Japs were quite paranoid(automotive, Banking, Heavy engineering, Embedded etc). Infarct some of the US Banks were quite paranoid themselves. But many US clients were quite ok normal layer of access restriction provided by companies. But USB for taking code home - was quite horrifying even early y2k decade.

Sneak things to do what? I mean even if people sneaked USB they would be useless as ports were disabled. I means ports have been disabled since from so long. infact by mid 2k's , systems were in place - if anybody tried to insert USB into a PC - an alert would have gone to IT and IT would have sent escalation to higher ups.

Early half of Y2k decade half - access restrictions could be bypassed by disabling few system files - but that workaround was quickly nixed with more sophisticated access control.
All restrictions were there in theory only. Most of the desktops had atleast 1 free port. Even if not then those could be enabled quite easily.
Access to registry were open as late as till 2017-18. Other access could be enabled too quiet easily. By 2018-19 there were third party tools available to block everything.​

Last edited:
All restrictions were there i theory only. Most of the desktops had atleast 1 free port. Even if not then those could be enabled quite easily.​
Nahinnn....

Bhai tumne Jannat main kaam kia hai...
Access to registry were open as late as till 2017-18. Other access could be enabled too quiet easily. By 2018-19 there were third party tools available to block everything.​
2017 -2018!? Main jitna quote kar raha hoon woh 2000 -2010 period ke baare main quote kar raha hoon. By 2009-2008 companies were already implementing ISO 27001:2005 and BS something like standards on security.

@SKC @Anants What about now when people are working from home? Everything must be open. Access to data on server but any one can record the screen with source code?
Yes with WFH its possible. But Usually product companies have a unique secret code somewhere on the screen. I know a incident - somebody clicked Ui of not released OS to some blog. And the person who shot was identified as from the photograph - showing screen - employee system was identified. Mind you I am not talking bout stickers but code was in the screen hidden somewhere - visible only with some filters.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back