CI/CT Operations

You are most likely to find the sunken treasure of Davy jones than this.
Our Generals are the epitome of being comfortable in their own mediocrity and they will never risk that. Peace station postings and plots in CHD and Wellington over doing their fuckin jobs!
And their jobless children being the Youtubers and Twitter warriors to support their fathers lack of innovation!!!!!'

You are most likely to find the sunken treasure of Davy jones than this.
Our Generals are the epitome of being comfortable in their own mediocrity and they will never risk that. Peace station postings and plots in CHD and Wellington over doing their fuckin jobs!
During Kargil war these generals were saying that we will kick out intruders in 48 hrs and kept on sending young boys to certain death
They ignored all warning and when caught pants down they started taking irrational decisions
Looks like nothing has changed in 25 years and we have learnt nothing.

We should start a new thread "Gems of our Generals"

During Kargil war these generals were saying that we will kick out intruders in 48 hrs and kept on sending young boys to certain death
They ignored all warning and when caught pants down they started taking irrational decisions

They were focused on construction of a illegal zoo there for recreation!!

It's like a mini kargil happening. How many soldiers died out of 500 allocated for jungle operation??

It's like a army having a problem in jungle.
500 allocated was a battalion strength of para sf for jammu division.

To answer your question, none so far!

All the 4-5 sf operatives that were kia was in kashmir.

During 26/11 Marcos intervention the grenade lobbed by Parveen teotia didn't explode and his buddy left him when the retaliation fire came. That led to the prolonged operation in Taj.

During 26/11 Marcos intervention the grenade lobbed by Parveen teotia didn't explode and his buddy left him when the retaliation fire came. That led to the prolonged operation in Taj.
His buddy left him? Don't remember reading that in the book.

Post source or delete this post.

EDIT: My sleep deprived ass from 3 different college exams didnt specify, my bad.

Where did gernails say theywould throw out invaders in 48 hours?

Last edited:
How can someone leave their jco to be beheaded? Not downgrading them but I remember 48 rr ke ambush meh bhi trucks se utar ke bhage the, while the gypsy guys got butchered.
They didn't run away. Combat isn't hollywood or bollywood. Soldiers are humans. From what I saw in the video there was only one soldier who got hit and was trying to retreat.

This reaction is expected from fresh non battle hardened troops , once they have some combat experience they will start pumping round instead of running .
But we can't always depend upon such engagements to give our men battle experience and exposure that's where large scale combined arms live fire drills come in .

One of the main reason why USMC is such lethal is coz they do it extensively and thus are very squared away when it comes to SOPs , leadership and reacting to various scenarios , But i am still waiting to see our men try out something even remotely similar .
Jesus christ Indians and their obsession with comparing everything to America.

I was thinking about it a few years ago and i was like wont RR exposure solve this but no

Reason

RR does only one kind of op and that is the op of excessive manpower.

Sorrounding 2 terrorists with 200 people doesnt make them learn anything and in the end they use the RL that finishes the encounter.

Thatswhy we havent learnt or invented anything in 30 years.

We have to change our training and sops really soon..young officers cant be cannon fodder everytime.
Yes that is true but we need to look at context here. These operations are designed to ensure that no one escapes. 200 is the entire cordon but only 6 soldiers go in to raid the house, if they get hit and there are no civilians they bring the house down, if they fail to initially hit the militants, or if there are civilians they withdraw and work up a plan.

I think the SOP is fine but I would instead like to see more training in Urban Combat amongst the QRTs, with more modern CQB tactics utilized as well as better convoy protection and counter ambush drills.

Post source or delete this post.
From DFI
1726606644653.png

It's like a mini kargil happening. How many soldiers died out of 500 allocated for jungle operation??

It's like a army having a problem in jungle.
No wonder Indian defense enthusiasts aren't taken seriously, respectfully. We have zero idea about our conflicts. Majority of us have zero clue and do not read any books or interact with veterans or watch their interviews, like lets say american users. The average american defense talk is filled to the brim with past stories of war and excerpts from books.

Kargil was a localized infantry conflict that was limited to one location which had the main purpose of tying down Indian forces to give respite to the hard-pressed insurgents who suffered back-to-back losses in 1998, as well as revenge for Siachen. What is going on right now is an escalation of the Kashmir insurgency which happened in the mid 90s, only that the ISI is keeping it small and pesky, so India does not have any motto try any cross LoC activities.

What souce?? , listen from horses mouth .

View: https://youtu.be/EYH9EvLa2xo?si=zv2xTDwWXJyb6Izj

Try searching for Brigadier Devender Singh and listen to him about how our generals literally fucked up in Kargil and no one was held accountable..

1. Brigadier Devender Singh himself is a bit questionable. Especially his false claim about 5353
2. I have read numerous books about Kargil and watched numerous interviews. Almost everyone concedes generals had some fault, whereas the fault was largely with 102 Bd who withheld intrusion sightings of Pakistanis in early 99. Fact is intel also had a bit of blame as they claimed it was Mujahideen and not Pak army on the tops. Also, the Indian army achieved its goal by throwing out the invaders in three months back then, whereas the IA has failed to deliver decisive results for 2 years now (PAFF fiasco started in Nov of 2021). THIS shows that he IA has significantlty regressed in its abilities
3. Please timestamp where generals said they will throw out intruders in 48 hours. I am not aware of any general making such a claim, and such claims even if made, are to raise the morale of the public population. War is not bollywood, Kargil terrain is murderous. They should have been able to inflict at the very least 5 kia of ours for every one kia of theires

From DFI
View attachment 9758
My sleep deprived ass from 3 different college exams didnt specify, my bad.

Where did gernails say theywould throw out invaders in 48 hours?

But yeah, Kargil itself is more complex than just generals or intel. Its a mix of various faulting that led to the intrusions happening in an annexation manner.

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back