Future Main Battle Tank & NGMBT

Intelligent Power Management System (IPMS).
The IPMS is a new age power distribution technology which uses solid state switches and current sensors to distribute the power flexibly, reliably and with sharp protection. IPMS uses dedicated Solid State Power Control (SSPC) Cards to realize the technology. The SSPC cards receive configuration settings from the main controller for its operation. This has dedicated memory to store the load data for offline prognostic studies.
IPMS.png

Will be used in NGMBT

Interesting patent from drdo showing both bustle and carousel auto loader.
IMG_20240703_085349.jpg
IMG_20240703_085454.jpg

More like Burlak Armata like hull autoloader plus a bustle autoloader... Total 40 ready rounds in unmanned turret.

We need fire-proof explosive like Semtex for propellant charge
its good thing I hope we see it soon and everything goes right

Um, where is the ' taking your jhaari of nets and poles to catch drones' upgrade ? I thought Ukronazi war has proved at this point that for tanks to be tanks moving forward, they gotta look like they are actually a moving shrubbery with a barrel poking out or else they die to 50000 dollar stupid drones.

It's got that cold-war era American design vibe. But is that a turret hatch ? Thought it'd have an unmanned turret. Otherwise it has a reasonably low profile for a 60 ton design.
Um, where is the ' taking your jhaari of nets and poles to catch drones' upgrade ? I thought Ukronazi war has proved at this point that for tanks to be tanks moving forward, they gotta look like they are actually a moving shrubbery with a barrel poking out or else they die to 50000 dollar stupid drones.
Field modification likely. You can't standardize this stuff against camera guided drones. Hard-kill APS will do a lot of heavy lifting in this regard. But I'm not sure if APS can counter a dumb-drop package. You can at least expect a Barracuda style camo system. But it's really a band-aid solution. Either active jamming or a self propelled tracked 30-40mm airburst hose should tag along with the MBTs.
1727300884173.png
But then these will get prioritized by long range smart munitions and will require small VSHORAD platforms to shadow it. Warfare is scarier these days.

That's all attachments... Modern tanks is gonna be very EW, APS etc. dependent. Plus signature reduction paint, camo-net etc.

It's got that cold-war era American design vibe. But is that a turret hatch ? Thought it'd have an unmanned turret. Otherwise it has a reasonably low profile for a 60 ton design.

It's a 50ton design.

Check this older post. https://defenceforumbharat.com/threads/future-main-battle-tank-ngmbt.92/post-8705

In the old unmanned turret design there may be hatches for crews to climb down & sit down in the hull like the driver does.
I think that tender is IRDW made & not any official. Ignore it, just the news.

That's all attachments... Modern tanks is gonna be very EW, APS etc. dependent. Plus signature reduction paint, camo-net etc.

It's a 50ton design.

Check this older post. https://defenceforumbharat.com/threads/future-main-battle-tank-ngmbt.92/post-8705

In the old unmanned turret design there may be hatches for crews to climb down & sit down in the hull like the driver does.
I think that tender is IRDW made & not any official. Ignore it, just the news.
bhai if i buy a car and i need a roofrack, i expect the attachment to come with the car, not buy separate.

It's just an artist's impression.

Field modification likely. You can't standardize this stuff against camera guided drones. Hard-kill APS will do a lot of heavy lifting in this regard. But I'm not sure if APS can counter a dumb-drop package. You can at least expect a Barracuda style camo system. But it's really a band-aid solution. Either active jamming or a self propelled tracked 30-40mm airburst hose should tag along with the MBTs.
View attachment 10493
A 30mm auto cannon with air burst ammo would be a lot more usefull against drones than an APS would ever be, in my oponion that is.

It's just an artist's impression.

A 30mm auto cannon with air burst ammo would be a lot more usefull against drones than an APS would ever be, in my oponion that is.
If you want to cut costs, even 40mm grenade launcher with programmable airburst would be better

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back