Germany

SKC

Lord Mithun Devotee!
Administrator
News, discussions & updates from Germany

I'll begin..
Amazon is planning a 10 Billion euros investment in Germany, focusing majorly on its cloud/AWS services along with building two new headquarters.

New 50:50 JV between Rheinmetall and Leonardo focusing primarily on the development of the new MBT and Lynx AICS

Germany navy in discussion with GA and the defence ministry for possible multiple MQ9B induction. Heron TP is also an option.

Sometimes I think it’s just a red herring to hide the true culprit of spying and espionage which is the US apparatus. Nothing including China can rival US when it comes to electronic spying.
Absolutely. Even with them being "friends" they have actively spied on every major NATO leader and influenced Govt ops. Merkel for example was under active surveillance during the last couple of years of her tenure.

No one comes close to the grip they have on the world.

Absolutely. Even with them being "friends" they have actively spied on every major NATO leader and influenced Govt ops. Merkel for example was under active surveillance during the last couple of years of her tenure.

No one comes close to the grip they have on the world.

Right and sometimes I think these news articles were purposefully prepared or seeded by US intelligence services to keep and deflect the attention away from US spying activities.

Right and sometimes I think these news articles were purposefully prepared or seeded by US intelligence services to keep and deflect the attention away from US spying activities.
Yup. they hold the narrative and the world looks where they want you to look. Do something other than their narrative and you will be marked as a threat and watched.

Germany is toast in the short and medium term at the very least. I know lot of folks in Germany and all experienced layoffs. Germans had a Octoberfest with Russian gas. They were the first to recover from global financial crisis of 2008. German products had a huge demand from China in the last decade. Cheap Russian gas on one side, booming trade on other side gave them everything they asked for. Lowest unemployment rate in all of EU, cheap energy costs, and plenty of trade surplus.

Now the Chinese are knocking on their door. Their strengths in automobile and machine tools are being challenged by China. Their cars no longer have the same demand. They don't have access to cheap Russian natural gas. Their small and medium sized companies which they call "Mittelstand" are struggling to survive. Their population is aging and lot of boomers are going to retire this decade. And worst thing is instead of importing skilled workers, they have imported unskilled and uneducated idiots in the form of refugees. Their good times are not coming back. Their politicians are clueless as to how to solve these problems. They have a tough road ahead in the coming years.

Germany is toast in the short and medium term at the very least. I know lot of folks in Germany and all experienced layoffs. Germans had a Octoberfest with Russian gas. They were the first to recover from global financial crisis of 2008. German products had a huge demand from China in the last decade. Cheap Russian gas on one side, booming trade on other side gave them everything they asked for. Lowest unemployment rate in all of EU, cheap energy costs, and plenty of trade surplus.

Now the Chinese are knocking on their door. Their strengths in automobile and machine tools are being challenged by China. Their cars no longer have the same demand. They don't have access to cheap Russian natural gas. Their small and medium sized companies which they call "Mittelstand" are struggling to survive. Their population is aging and lot of boomers are going to retire this decade. And worst thing is instead of importing skilled workers, they have imported unskilled and uneducated idiots in the form of refugees. Their good times are not coming back. Their politicians are clueless as to how to solve these problems. They have a tough road ahead in the coming years.
I know mate. I see this country going down the drains everyday!

I know lot of folks in Germany and all experienced layoffs.
I am one of them!

And the funny thing is that Russia will soon have a bigger economy than Germany within the decade.

And the funny thing is that Russia will soon have a bigger economy than Germany within the decade.

I don't know about that. Russia's strength is exporting it's natural resources. There is no other advantage for them. Even their military industry is slowly fading. Russia's demographics is also not good either. Putin would have ruined Russia so much it would be herculean task for any leader to get it back to normal. Weakened Russia after Putin would be a cakewalk for US.

I know mate. I see this country going down the drains everyday!

I am one of them!

I was shocked to see many regions of Germany still having dial up modem speeds when it came to Internet. They were still using copper instead of fiber optic cables. Funny how they take fax machines seriously. I want to cancel a contract. Calling them is no use. But send a letter or a fax it will work. Despite all that has happened with China they still are balls deep with them. Russia has given a kick, next will be China. That kick will be even harder for them. If they don't change the way their economy works they will be in trouble in future. Their dependency on natural gas will come to bait them in the ass.

I was shocked to see many regions of Germany still having dial up modem speeds when it came to Internet. They were still using copper instead of fiber optic cables. Funny how they take fax machines seriously. I want to cancel a contract. Calling them is no use. But send a letter or a fax it will work. Despite all that has happened with China they still are balls deep with them. Russia has given a kick, next will be China. That kick will be even harder for them. If they don't change the way their economy works they will be in trouble in future. Their dependency on natural gas will come to bait them in the ass.
This country is stuck in the 90s. It'd be foolish to think about being successful here. The government is full of clowns.

This country is stuck in the 90s. It'd be foolish to think about being successful here. The government is full of clowns.

Like all other European countries if you have a take home pay of 5,000 Euros then you can live a good life. But not many jobs pay those amount of money. I liked Germany in fact. But the salaries are not that great. In addition to much touted free healthcare which comes at a great cost. The waiting periods are longer. They say they need talented people from abroad. But when they come they treat them terribly. A German recruiter who reached out to me years ago said many German companies want only Germans. If they don't get Germans then someone in the EU. This is for high level positions in IT. He bemoaned how German companies are missing out on lot of talent from non-EU because of their stubbornness.

With energy crisis and demographic challenge they can't be competitive for too long. Only problem is if Germany falls entire EU project might be in jeopardy. And with that fall of Euro as a currency. They were and still the stabilizing force in EU. If they don't deport refugees who are simply collecting welfare checks and put a red carpet for skilled talent then we might see downfall of German economy by 2040.

Like all other European countries if you have a take home pay of 5,000 Euros then you can live a good life. But not many jobs pay those amount of money. I liked Germany in fact. But the salaries are not that great. In addition to much touted free healthcare which comes at a great cost. The waiting periods are longer. They say they need talented people from abroad. But when they come they treat them terribly. A German recruiter who reached out to me years ago said many German companies want only Germans. If they don't get Germans then someone in the EU. This is for high level positions in IT. He bemoaned how German companies are missing out on lot of talent from non-EU because of their stubbornness.

With energy crisis and demographic challenge they can't be competitive for too long. Only problem is if Germany falls entire EU project might be in jeopardy. And with that fall of Euro as a currency. They were and still the stabilizing force in EU. If they don't deport refugees who are simply collecting welfare checks and put a red carpet for skilled talent then we might see downfall of German economy by 2040.
It definitely seems like it will happen before 2040

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back