India at Olympics

Badminton success is living example of why sports need to be out of govt control.

It took few individuals to inspire, train and look after upcoming talent and the results are world class.
This needs to be replicated in all areas where govt control is minimal or none.

Badminton success is living example of why sports need to be out of govt control.

It took few individuals to inspire, train and look after upcoming talent and the results are world class.
Gov control can work i.e China but the ruling class needs to be high IQ and relatively honest.

In India, all sports bodies are filled with nepotistic scumbags who are more interested in corruption and internal politics for more control in the organization.

In India, yes there's no question that Sports needs to be out of Gov control. Cricket is the biggest example. Frankly, when I was younger I thought BCCI being private was bad. I realize how stupid I was.

Gov control can work i.e China but the ruling class needs to be high IQ and relatively honest.

In India, all sports bodies are filled with nepotistic scumbags who are more interested in corruption and internal politics for more control in the organization.

In India, yes there's no question that Sports needs to be out of Gov control. Cricket is the biggest example. Frankly, when I was younger I thought BCCI being private was bad. I realize how stupid I was.
beside this, we dont make player from childhood. lakshya sen father was a badminton player nd coach himself, trained him from childhood. beside this his grandfather was also involved in badminton. his younger brother chirag sen is also a good badminton player. their family dedicated their life for badminton.

Sen has a h2h of 1-7 against Axelsen.

Axelsen has been the best player in the world by far over the last 5-6 years. Axelsen winning odds are 1.08 (90% winning chance) just to give you an idea about what a heavy favorite he is against Sen.
Axelsen is the player who broke the monopoly of Asians in Badminton!
The Guy is not slowing down and is a Legend!

But the new reigning World champion from Thailand is a beast too!

The competition is tough at world level and our players need to be tough too both physically and mentally both!

Yesterday the Physio-coach of Chou was doing her standard distraction activities, but Lakshya managed to runover it.

Government Control works in a country like China. For rest of the world Role of Govt would be to build the Sports Infra and Promote Private sector to manage and run the show engaging youth in sports events round the year.​

Government Control works in a country like China. For rest of the world Role of Govt would be to build the Sports Infra and Promote Private sector to manage and run the show engaging youth in sports events round the year.​
"Ha ha bilkul ab ambani adani mo desk ka sports bhi bech do"

:troll: you know who would be saying this.

I think one of the most critical resource at the start of sporting is open spaces or playgrounds

It's very hard to imagine 2 ro 3 acre empty land parcels for any sports facility here in the metro cities.

On the other hand sports like ping pong, shooting, boxing, wrestling, can be covered indoors. For others we will need ample space.

55 million dollars. I am sure we can get private entities to pitch in to promote each sports.

55 million dollars is nothing.
This might be only on the Players who got Olympic quota. Their training, coaches, support staff.

Unlike cricket and football, most Olympic sports are not self-sustaining due to a lack of popularity among the masses. Without mass support, advertisers and sponsors are also reluctant to invest. This is why they need government funding.

Schedule for today:

12:30 PM - #Golf Men's Individual Stroke Play - Round 3

12:30 PM - Women's skeet Qualification - Day 1 (Raiza Dhilon, Mahwshwari Chauhan)

12:30 PM - Men's skeet Qualification - Day 2 (Anant Jeet Singh)

1 PM - Women's 25m Pistol - Manu Bhaker (MEDAL EVENT)

1:52 PM ONWARDS - #Archery Women's Individual 1/8 Elim - (Bhajan Kaur, Deepika Kumari)

From 3:45 PM - #Sailing Men's Dinghy Race 5 & 6 (Vishnu Saravanan)

From 7:05 PM - #Sailing Women's Dinghy Race 5 & 6 (Nethra Kumanan)

*11:05 PM - #Athletics Men's Shot Put Final (If Tajinderpal Singh qualifies)

12:18 AM - #Boxing Men's 71 KG Quarterfinal (Nishant Dev vs Marco Verde)

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back