India at Olympics

As expected, Deepika (ranked 12) lost to a 61 ranked Korean girl.

Entire archery campaign has been a disaster.
I am not even sad!

I am really Angry this time.

2012, 2016, 2020 and now 2024. And don't know how many more to come!!!

And she is not even bothered about her poor performances. She gives excuses like she could not get acclimatized, and she is coming from motherhood!

Pack up your boots now! Let anyone else lead the show!

The archer who defeated her is playing her first Olympics!

Deepika hits 2 - 10s and then follows up with 1 - 7!

Looks like we have to be content with "Our Players played well" as usual!

Lots of players losing easy points and giving away their matches.

We need a mental coach to make players mentally tough!

You know I was reading an article yesterday about Korean archers. Apparently, they all start practicing around the age of 8-10ish, shooting hundreds of arrows every week at their local/school clubs. By the time they reach 20, they've already shot more than a million arrows and participated in multiple international competitions.

And tbh at that point it just becomes a muscle memory, you could wake up that Korean from sleep and he/she will still be shooting 10's without any effort or getting tensed. Olympics is jut like competitive exams for sports, the more practice and exposure, the better is your mental state. Our athletes don't have those levels of practice and lack the exposure , so the mental game suffers as well.

You know I was reading an article yesterday about Korean archers. Apparently, they all start practicing around the age of 8-10ish, shooting hundreds of arrows every week at their local/school clubs. By the time they reach 20, they've already shot more than a million arrows and participated in multiple international competitions.

And tbh at that point it just becomes a muscle memory, you could wake up that Korean from sleep and he/she will still be shooting 10's without any effort or getting tensed. Olympics is jut like competitive exams for sports, the more practice and exposure, the better is your mental state. Our athletes don't have those levels of practice and lack the exposure , so the mental game suffers as well.
Asians (Chinese, Japanese and Koreans) follows the 10K tries for each shot in TT, Badminton, shooting, etc .

They try each and every possible angle, shot, play that they can play even half asleep and still beat you.

Yahan agar ek player ko 2 ghante bhi extra khila doge to halla macha denge!!

Asians (Chinese, Japanese and Koreans) follows the 10K tries for each shot in TT, Badminton, shooting, etc .

They try each and every possible angle, shot, play that they can play even half asleep and still beat you.

Yeah, the levels of practice they do is truly crazy, figuring out every little defect and perfecting the game. Extreme levels of commitment. When I watch these korean archers, Olympics is like nothing to them and I kinda understand why.

Men's 71 KG Quarterfinal is the last event remaining for today:

12:18 AM (AUG 4) - Nishant Dev vs Marco Verde

Yesterday we went to bed with high hopes for today.

Today we are going to bed with no hopes for tomorrow!

Sen has a h2h of 1-7 against Axelsen.

Axelsen has been the best player in the world by far over the last 5-6 years. Axelsen winning odds are 1.08 (90% winning chance) just to give you an idea about what a heavy favorite he is against Sen.
Gave him a fight the last time they played - which was only a few months ago - and should take lessons from Prannoy on what to do against him as he beat him in an epic in Copenhagen last year.

I am not even sad!

I am really Angry this time.

2012, 2016, 2020 and now 2024. And don't know how many more to come!!!

And she is not even bothered about her poor performances. She gives excuses like she could not get acclimatized, and she is coming from motherhood!

Pack up your boots now! Let anyone else lead the show!

The archer who defeated her is playing her first Olympics!

Deepika hits 2 - 10s and then follows up with 1 - 7!

She seems like a bytchass loser teenager who got publicity before even achieving something substantial. I've been hearing about her for more than a decade

whenever I come in this thread to know what’s happening it’s always so fkin depressing are we not winning anything except bronze?

TBH even western athletes work extremely hard. Phelps didn't take a single holiday between 2004 and 2008 to prepare for Beijing Olympics.

Our athletes also work extremely hard (that's why we win some medals) but most are happy to qualify for Olympics.

Next time when someone says:

"we need to support other sports than Cricket."

"Cricket is not letting other sports grow!"

"we dont give any support to anything other than cricket"

Show them the performance of our Star Olympians in the Paris Olympics!

Next time when someone says:

"we need to support other sports than Cricket."

"Cricket is not letting other sports grow!"

"we dont give any support to anything other than cricket"

Show them the performance of our Star Olympians in the Paris Olympics!
Even in cricket, is our performance good? The entire team is full of chokers. We're lucky that South Africa is a bigger choker, else we wouldn't win that WC.

Another problem is that cricket doesn't require much fitness ot athleticism compared to other sports like football, so it's considered a lesser sport and only 5-6 good countries play globally.

Personally, I'd want our masses to be interested in Hockey and Football than Cricket.

"Australia, Britain, Germany, Italy, Japan, America and China had all installed air conditioning before the Games began"

This lack of air conditioning could be a reason for the clearly visible increased mental stress in our athletes. All the top teams installed ACs before the games. These little things do have impacts in such a competitive tournament.

Even in cricket, is our performance good? The entire team is full of chokers. We're lucky that South Africa is a bigger choker, else we wouldn't win that WC.

Another problem is that cricket doesn't require much fitness ot athleticism compared to other sports like football, so it's considered a lesser sport and only 5-6 good countries play globally.

Personally, I'd want our masses to be interested in Hockey and Football than Cricket.

We clearly defeated Australia, England and finally take down South Africa. This was pretty much a good T20 due to lot of upsets like USA defeating Pakistan, Afghanistan reaching Semis by defeating Australia, New Zealand, Nepal nearly defeating the South Africa.

Modern Day Cricket have much bigger emphasis on Fitness, all the current cricketers were peak Athletes except few beings. Endurance is required in Cricket as even the minimum format of this games required 4 hours to play.

After Football only Cricket mint big money. Even the Olympics sports are more geared to western countries compared to Eastern Countries. Global sports is such a debatable topic as of Today because for Olympics sports like BMX, Skateboarding are big global games.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back