Indian Army: News and Updates

no offense to these officers, they sweat their blood to keep us safe, but on this we need our own OS for military is total bs, there are several reason why windows ibased network is much effective than linux,even chinese uses windows in their most of c4 networks, i agree windows os and its associated network is highly vulnerable, as same goes for linux and similar os, if you give me a windows 2008 r2 server and centos os 6 or 7 server for penetration testing, i will have 8 out of 10 times success on centos, where windows 2008 i may have 5 or 6 success, It is mostly because when it comes to deploying an operating system in large scale for critical infrastructure, windows make it easy to maintain and secure, but for open source linux based system a large scale implementation always require high degree of customization for each type of linux os present in that cluster, I also like to say what Indian Gov (Central Gov) have now in cyber defense very much capable (if any one remembers 3 or 4 years back in DFI I was ranting about how week and misconfigured some of Central Gov networks when I did an assessment).

View: https://x.com/Raajeev_Chopra/status/1844686495757603021

Barrel burst due to faulty ammunition. OFB quality taking precious lives. This is why I hate incompetent PSUs and their total lack of professionalism.

People say why don't we buy subpar domestic solution X and iterate/improve it rather than importing Y ? Army is corrupt, babus are sold, chandigarh lobby etc. etc.,

See, this is the reason.
Army Buys / Imports Expensive Item -> Taxpayer money is wasted.
Army Buys subpar domestic Item -> They lose their fucking lives.

yet we see very little protection gear with arty guys in india. even a major died in a burst a couple of years back during exercise in some area of rajasthan

A point-blank burst of 120mm/155mm ammo burst is fatal either with or without gear. Shockwave will liquefy your innards.

View: https://x.com/Raajeev_Chopra/status/1844686495757603021

Barrel burst due to faulty ammunition. OFB quality taking precious lives. This is why I hate incompetent PSUs and their total lack of professionalism.

People say why don't we buy subpar domestic solution X and iterate/improve it rather than importing Y ? Army is corrupt, babus are sold, chandigarh lobby etc. etc.,

See, this is the reason.

A point-blank burst of 120mm/155mm ammo burst is fatal either with or without gear. Shockwave will liquefy your innards.

Very solid one liner source to support your importmania rant filled with lots of assumption and generalisation.

See, this is the reason.

It's more like you establish dependency on foreign vendors who are then free to milk you or fuck you over when you need them the most but ok, ye bhi hai.

I mean you could bring accountability to your PSU ammo manufacturer or you could import even that from foreign vendors, and accidents can be then blamed on "user error" because Professional Imported Maal is defect-free!

Oh and i'm sure, Gernails care a lot about the lives of grunts...

Very solid one liner source to support your importmania rant filled with lots of assumption and generalisation.

Maybe try to Google instead of calling a source inadequate ?

I mean you could bring accountability to your PSU ammo manufacturer

2b80aa.jpg

PSU babus can't be bothered with their chai-samosa breaks, and you are talking about accountability, eh ? They simply don't care. Their lives are not on the line. They will take fat bribes and retire with high cholesterol and diabetes. Meanwhile our soldiers will be immortalized.

Oh and i'm sure, Gernails care a lot about the lives of grunts...

Surely more than PSUs. Its their own kin at last.

Just to underscore because people here easily jump the gun

I am not saying defund domestic military manufacturing industry and completely rely on exports. I am saying don't act sour and throw fits if the capabilities don't exist / don't match up to the mark and GoI choses to import rather than accept sub-par quality equipment.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back