Indian Economy

Sir, Isn't it sensible now that instead of greenfield intercity lines government should focus more on hsr lines between these cities so as to save upgradation cost layer as our economy grows . Can anyone please do a financial comparison between both tracks

Extremely worrying trend - India is losing market share in IT to Vietnam.

1726853289362.png

In the absence of a large manufacturing sector, the IT industry provided a cushioning by employing a large number of youths, a decline in I.T in terms of employment generation could lead to mass social upheaval.

View attachment 10023

In the absence of a large manufacturing sector, the IT industry provided a cushioning by employing a large number of youths, a decline in I.T in terms of employment generation could lead to mass social upheaval.
The IT sector always felt like a Belt to tame India and convert its precious human talent into IT coolies who if not could work in Aeronautics, Nuclear, Marine, Missiles, Space, BioTech and such which actually elevates India.

@ezasasa sir what are your thoughts on GOI giving subsidy to setup EV charging infrastructure
I know this will promote ev and reduce the oil imports so wii be beneficial cost wise but isn't it that if we keep giving such incentives than no task will be taken by industry till a incentive is given.

And industry will be completely depend on government only to devlop a sector or won't do anything on their own.
And I don't think that it will be good because we can't guarantee till when modi or other pro industrialization government will be there ultimately industry has to stand on it's own feet and not on the shoulders of government .
Point of view of other respectable members is also appreciated

On the downside, GoI will lose a massive source of income. The surcharge tax they impose on purchases of oil & gas is what pay for many of these government programs. How do you think Modi rescued the GoI's coffers out of its woes after a decade of Congress mismanagement and yet keep the Indian rupee from being devalued too much?

Once we switch to all EVs, GoI has to figure out a way to how to replace that lost revenue and not only that ensure that the rupee does not get devalued as a currency.

View attachment 10023

A Reddit post? I have been hearing this same old story of India losing out to XYZ nation on ITES for years now. Our service exports grew 5% y-o-y btw, global slowdown notwithstanding.

Sir, Isn't it sensible now that instead of greenfield intercity lines government should focus more on hsr lines between these cities so as to save upgradation cost layer as our economy grows . Can anyone please do a financial comparison between both tracks

TBH, only a few BG lines have been planned (Nashik-Pune, Mumbai-Indore etc). Also, mainline, SHSR and HSR can coexist - you have low-cost carriers and premium carriers flying from the same airport, don't you?

Last edited:

View attachment 10023

I dont think Vietnam has the volume of HR needed to replace India, but this is a nice wakeup. Wannabe super power cant be a one trick pony. Need to diversify and govt/private sector need to explore other avenues.

View attachment 10023

Unnecessary and deceptive reporting.

Not only Vietnam, but many companies are moving to the places likes of Philippines and Sri Lanka. India is moving up the value chain in the various sectors including IT. Skilled manpower is no longer cheap here in India. Indian domestic market is big enough to absorb the shortfall in the services exports.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back