Indian Small Arms and Weapons

Kuch nhi ho sakta ab toh umeed hi mar gayi
Don't know about cz scorpion smg maybe good but this red dot they selected is shitty

It's a sweet gun if routinely maintained and run with good ammo. The Trijicon RMR (assuming that's what is being talked about here) is as reliable as micro red dots get. Bit pricy but you get value.
Holosun is all the rage in the US civilian market right now. They're 1/3rd the price of Trijicon, Aimpoint and the likes while performance is on par (or slightly under). A ton of US Tier-I SOF vets mentioned on Shawn Ryan's Podcasts that they actually use Holosun on their EDCs'

while here we have Odisha state police who might hardly ever get to fire a round (unless actively used in naxal ops) procuring Trijicons and CZ Scorpions ($800-1200 based on variant)

Last edited:
Why do y'all hate the tavor so much?

Looks - I get it.

But if if functions fine in the field then why?

Just slap a 3x magnifier at the back, a flashlight on the side rails and a mini vertical foregrip by removing the handguard.

Ideal spec ops rifle.

Only problem I have heard is that its overgassed + got bit of a stiff trigger.

Other than that same range and ammo as M4 but more compact

Just curious, enlighten me a bit🙂
If you ever get a chance to travel to SE Asia or US, I'd suggest to attend a basic rifle course just to learn how to handle and shoot where you're most likely given some AR based platform. Then go to a gun store which offers packages where you get to try out various rifles in an indoor gun range and you'd realize what sorta abomination bullpups are when compared to a conventional platform, particularly on the ergonomics front and ease of use

The primary cons I heard about Tavors are accuracy over distance, relatively heavier than most ARs' with uneven weight distribution, gas face - no one wants hot metal ejecting right next to your face, unconventional mag changes since most of our men are initially trained on AKs' or Insas.

Some of these issues were fixed with the X-95 (after input from Indian SF I believe) but if compactness is your primary reason for bullpups, I'd opt for a 10 inch barrel AR over these anytime

Holosun is all the rage in the US civilian market right now. They're 1/3rd the price of Trijicon, Aimpoint and the likes while performance is on par. A ton of US Tier-I SOF vets mentioned on Shawn Ryan's Podcasts that they actually use Holosun on their EDCs'

while here we have Odisha state police who might hardly ever get to fire a round (unless actively used in naxal ops) procuring Trijicons and CZ Scorpions ($800-1200 based on variant)
Agree on most but only half on holoson is not good as aimpoint/EOTech/trijcon. But for cost holosun is lot better and if you don't want to buy aimpoint/EOTech/trijcon for thier price then thier are good optics on half of thier prize like sig , meprolight and maybe votex
Holoson is also good for its cost but I am pretty biased against it its Chinese

Agree on most but only half on holoson is not good as aimpoint/EOTech/trijcon. But for cost holosun is lot better and if you don't want to buy aimpoint/EOTech/trijcon for thier price then thier are good optics on half of thier prize like sig , meprolight and maybe votex
Holoson is also good for its cost but I am pretty biased against it its Chinese
Would you be biased against DJI just because it's Chinese despite being the best civilian drone firm in the world! Holosun's US arm is HQ'd outta Sunrise, Florida with all or most of their products destined for the US markets are made/assembled locally

In regards to Odisha police's order, a 9mm round isn't something one would use for anti-naxal ops which indicates they just blew some money to a middleman while these Scorpions and Trijicons will be gathering dust. If the need is real for a 9mm, they're better off with the ASMI while I'm unsure if any Indian company makes red dots since Tonbo's catalogue doesn't seem to have one

Would you be biased against DJI just because it's Chinese despite being the best civilian drone firm in the world! Holosun's US arm is HQ'd outta Sunrise, Florida with all or most of their products destined for the US markets are made/assembled locally

In regards to Odisha police's order, a 9mm round isn't something one would use for anti-naxal ops which indicates they just blew some money to a middleman while these Scorpions and Trijicons will be gathering dust. If the need is real for a 9mm, they're better off with the ASMI while I'm unsure if any Indian company makes red dots since Tonbo's catalogue doesn't seem to have one
I believe we’ve got a Holosun Rebadger in India too🤦🏼‍♂️. I believe someone here showed some uncanny resemblance of RRP S4E Optics and Holosun Optics.

Me trying to find what does Indian Industry not 🪛
I wouldn't blame em' tbh. If the tech and industry doesn't exist locally, where'd you find people with relevant expertise to work on?

Unless you're funded enough to hire small arms and accessories designers from the west like Caracal. I'm still curious how SSSD did it despite Vivek Krishnan claiming that they didn't receive any external help...since OFB is the only entity with experience in gun design but I doubt if those faggots can even remotely think on the lines of SSSD's designs

I wouldn't blame em' tbh. If the tech and industry doesn't exist locally, where'd you find people with relevant expertise to work on?

Unless you're funded enough to hire small arms and accessories designers from the west like Caracal. I'm still curious how SSSD did it despite Vivek Krishnan claiming that they didn't receive any external help...since OFB is the only entity with experience in gun design but I doubt if those faggots can even remotely think on the lines of SSSD's firearms
Hiring experienced guys from industry and using ex Indian sf dudes who have plenty experience using AR and Ak's is one thing they have done 💯 , Can't say anything about their claims about not having a partnership and being on their own they definitely still have time up but they claim it's only there to apply for tenders and have no other reasoning as for your first point I understand and I don't have a problem with tie ups and 🪛 what I have problem is with them selling this Idea as 100% atmanirbharta bullshit either just say it out loud that tie up works or stop tie ups at all without any clarity it only creates loopholes which companies uses to build their lobbies

Hiring experienced guys from industry and using ex Indian sf dudes who have plenty experience using AR and Ak's is one thing they have done 💯 , Can't say anything about their claims about not having a partnership and being on their own they definitely still have time up but they claim it's only there to apply for tenders and have no other reasoning as for your first point I understand and I don't have a problem with tie ups and 🪛 what I have problem is with them selling this Idea as 100% atmanirbharta bullshit either just say it out loud that tie up works or stop tie ups at all without any clarity it only creates loopholes which companies uses to build their lobbies
Unfortunately, 🪛 has been the norm in several industries - particularly the so called startups. A close buddy for mine started an IoT based welding machines but no VC was willing to fund it when they first presented the idea and their own designs.

They found a Chinese firm which makes something similar, bought CKD kits and assembled it locally along with tweaking the software a bit and boom - secured millions in VC and incubator funding

As for SSSD, they initially partnered with LMT which faltered later and I believe LMT consultants designed their rifles and received a one-time fee. Since SSSD owns the IP, they don't need to reveal such stuff nor even pay royalties

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back