Indian Special Forces

GZvVJAVWgBAzsk-

U.S. Air Force and U.S. Army Joint Terminal Attack Controller's engages in a joint training with the Indian Air Force special operations team to execute close air support during Tarang Shakti 24 Phase II at Jodhpur Air Force Station, Rajasthan, India, Sept. 11, 2024. The exercise showcases participating nations’ efforts and commitment to the stability and security of the Indo-Pacific region. (U.S. Air Force video by Senior Airman Sabrina Fuller-Judd)

View: https://x.com/Kilo_Spec/status/1845354723412472288?t=R-YEw-8Qkhejp_lQlot3Ag&s=19

Whats that? As far as I know Sikhs revolted after 84. And there are unsaid rules of recruiting them in close protection group of politicos. India needs to try mix regimentation again - it was unfeasible before as populations where they were sourcing from were living in their own wells. With now interconnected states and movement and internet - mix regimentation should better results.
Some Sikh officers and soldiers are always sympathetic to such ideas. I have seen an Airman Corporal who was glorifying killers of Indira Gandhi in front of my father. Some Sikhs are sympathetic to such ideology even in service, it is not something new, it is not due to farmers protest. Even during nineties my father came across such elements in service. Sikhs are mostly overhyped by media and general public. They got recruitment opportunities more than they deserve, which is a colonial hangover. Now it is hard to find Sikh officer or Airman in Airforce, because they are either not interested or physically and educationally incapable. Some people respect Sikhs due to their attire, like in my region in Haryana people used to address a Sardar as " Giani Ji", but in reality they are very average or below average individuals without any trace of "Gyan".

Some Sikh officers and soldiers are always sympathetic to such ideas. I have seen an Airman Corporal who was glorifying killers of Indira Gandhi in front of my father. Some Sikhs are sympathetic to such ideology even in service, it is not something new, it is not due to farmers protest. Even during nineties my father came across such elements in service. Sikhs are mostly overhyped by media and general public. They got recruitment opportunities more than they deserve, which is a colonial hangover. Now it is hard to find Sikh officer or Airman in Airforce, because they are either not interested or physically and educationally incapable. Some people respect Sikhs due to their attire, like in my region in Haryana people used to address a Sardar as " Giani Ji", but in reality they are very average or below average individuals without any trace of "Gyan".
I have seen even adivasis soldiers being sympathetic to Maoists.

They think of the Army as not killing Maoists and not against them.

It is all good until they revolt which the sikhs have done in some incidents.

And i agree with you that sikhs are over hyped..The image is created that they can never retreat and are gods in battlefield but in reality they are just as good as any other regtt.

There have been incidents where they have surrendered and ran away which is a part of war but the hype is tooo much…same for gurkhas.

And i agree with you that sikhs are over hyped..The image is created that they can never retreat and are gods in battlefield but in reality they are just as good as any other regtt.

There have been incidents where they have surrendered and ran away which is a part of war but the hype is tooo much…same for gurkhas.
yeah the martial races are a myth....you would have heard similar comentaries by the west had Gharwalis and Sikhs also served them like the Gurkhas after India got it's indipendence. The west respects loyal dogs, but what's the point they're going to treat you like a dog anyway

Well just to get a point across....​

British SBS operators filtering water out of a stream in an Afghan jungle during the 2001 winter​

1728817235914.png

So what does this tell us ?

By the way, I get what Major Jacob and the rest were saying "Nala" means a stream, or watercourse, a steep narrow valley. In Kashmir you'll see many. Every SF unit is trained for survival missions..infact here's something from an ex-SAS guy's book

1728817723318.png

But that's for selection....

In operations they are pretty well prepared
1728817755597.png

So no need to mock Western SF for their better logistics and that they can bring a ton of mineral water to combat...they can also make out on their own...atleast their Tier 1 Units can do pretty good at survival...especially the British if not the Americans you want to count in as good at living off the ground.
It's a bloody shame that we have to make excuses for bad logistics and say that we can live off whatever crap is there for us and in operations that is how we do it....NO!

Again, we might have been goated in the 1990s and 2000s according to our own conflict regions but we just downgraded...and I'm talking of the Paras here. This bisleri, no bisleri nonsense is a big L

yeah the martial races are a myth....you would have heard similar comentaries by the west had Gharwalis and Sikhs also served them like the Gurkhas after India got it's indipendence. The west respects loyal dogs, but what's the point they're going to treat you like a dog anyway
The beast example that proves martial race theory wrong will be , italians .
Italian soldiers fighting for the axis did a pretty terrible job , while the 1st/2nd gen Italian americans that formed a major chunk of US war effort did a terrific job .
Is little about the man's blood and more about his training and the whole war machinery .

I have seen even adivasis soldiers being sympathetic to Maoists.

They think of the Army as not killing Maoists and not against them.

It is all good until they revolt which the sikhs have done in some incidents.

What is the reason behind the absence of region/ethnicity-based regiments for Odisha? What other states/geographical regions lack a regiment in the current IA or the previous BIA?

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back