Indian Special Forces

Can someone just elaborate on how a 'New PARA (SF)' is raised (not conversions but from scratch) like I have heard 11,12, 13, 23 and 29 all got a significant % of troops from 9,10 (maybe they prefer the og 3 units) and maybe due to raising these new SFs one by one over a few years led to older units downfall (I wont call them overhyped as they where actually really good earlier - older wars, somewhat Sri Lanka, early Kashmir…) but they didn't adapt with time and then these new raisings
Men are pooled in from the existing SF units for training and for making the base, people apply for selection and then since its a new raising the vacancies are more hence a significant lot is sent to the new unit for selection. Numbers grow and then they are deployed in fields.
Please correct if I am wrong

Saar
look at our EsPeCiAl FaRcE SaAr

fuckin morons!!!
View attachment 11953

What's worse...NSG is not military. We're dealing with a guy who thinks anyone with black gun = military.

can anyone tell me about the attachments on the handguard?

Inforce WML light on side and Glock GTL-51/52 light/laser combo on bottom. I'm guessing he's using the GTL for its IR light/IR laser function (since he's got NVG) and the WML for white light. The GTL itself contains white light function as well but the switch must not be comfortable to throw with a gloved hand I'm guessing...hence this setup. Handguard itself is from B&T.

Here's my old thread with chart from few years back that goes over most of the MP5 upgrade kit I knew of at the time, guess I should make an updated version:

View: https://x.com/Parthu_Potluri/status/1363971374964826113?t=HHtklFvp0W_N9TQ2eGxaOg&s=19

20241012_083445.jpg

What's worse...NSG is not military. We're dealing with a guy who thinks anyone with black gun = military.
It might be a paramilitary force but it's still the premier CT unit in the country and probably our last resort when it comes to an urban OP. Doval says pakis will risk loosing Balochistan if they attempt another Mumbai but shouldn't we focus on how we can quickly take down the terrorists in another 26/11 situation and not drag on for 3-4 days

GIGN/GSG9 is what NSG was modeled after and here's what they look like lately

1728703505123.png

It might be a paramilitary force but it's still the premier CT unit in the country and probably our last resort when it comes to an urban OP. Doval says pakis will risk loosing Balochistan if they attempt another Mumbai but shouldn't we focus on how we can quickly take down the terrorists in another 26/11 situation and not drag on for 3-4 days

GIGN/GSG9 is what NSG was modeled after and here's what they look like lately

View attachment 11980

Military is a designation. You need to be reporting to the military command and administratively be under MoD to be considered military. NSG is technically a federal CT unit under home affairs. Doesn't matter how militarized they look or where they draw their personnel from.

Labelling such units as military or paramilitary is not good. It sends a message that law enforcement capabilities in a given country are bad therefore required military to step in. That's a hallmark of failed or fragile states.

That's why I'm even against CISF wearing camouflage at airports. First, their stupid desert camo is useless in that urban environment and secondly anyone coming in thinks they're military. Military does not guard civil infrastructure unless something has gone horribly wrong or security situation in country is extremely bad. Unfortunately the jokers in MHA do not understand perception management.

And the label 'paramilitary' is also bad & wrong and sends the wrong message as that term usually describes a unit operating outside its usual mandate that would be on shaky ground under international law. Sicarios contracted by a Latin American govt to combat cartels can be considered paramilitary. CIA Ground branch can be paramilitary. But FBI HRT is not paramilitary and neither is NSG. They are official govt agencies operating under specific mandate of law.

India does not have any paramilitary unit with the vague exception of SFF/SG.

We only have CAPFs which are best described as Armed Police.

Last edited:
Do we have any airborne capability ?
or those converted units (into SF) are our airborne capability?

Military is a designation. You need to be reporting to the military command and administratively be under MoD to be considered military. NSG is technically a federal CT unit under home affairs. Doesn't matter how militarized they look or where they draw their personnel from.

Labelling such units as military or paramilitary is not good. It sends a message that law enforcement capabilities in a given country are bad therefore required military to step in. That's a hallmark of failed or fragile states.

That's why I'm even against CISF wearing camouflage at airports. First, their stupid desert camo is useless in that urban environment and secondly anyone coming in thinks they're military. Military does not guard civil infrastructure unless something has gone horribly wrong or security situation in country is extremely bad. Unfortunately the jokers in MHA do not understand perception management.

And the label 'paramilitary' is also bad & wrong and sends the wrong message as that term usually describes a unit operating outside its usual mandate that would be on shaky ground under international law. Sicarios contracted by a Latin American govt to combat cartels can be considered paramilitary. CIA Ground branch can be paramilitary. But FBI HRT is not paramilitary and neither is NSG. They are official govt agencies operating under specific mandate of law.

India does not have any paramilitary unit with the vague exception of SFF/SG.

We only have CAPFs which are best described as Armed Police.

on the designation of paramilitary, perhaps it is being retained because writ of state over national boundaries and sovereignty (both internal and external) is incomplete, the process is still ongoing. until then CAPFs will have be counted as reservists, and some of them do participate in wars like BSF.

not that there is any rethink going on, that we know of.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back