Indian Special Forces

Instead of going for mediocre Fab upgrades our SF and NSG should buy some these serbian Ak upgrade kits for trial.You will get an upgraded Ak without any weight gain.

They should but the question is would they? I have essentially lost all hope in the military.

If they don't then they can't retain the territory in hostile urban environment. And every one knows Para SF s not trained to IDF level in that, no matter whatever kits they procure.

Instead of going for mediocre Fab upgrades our SF and NSG should buy some these serbian Ak upgrade kits for trial.You will get an upgraded Ak without any weight gain.
SSSD looks much better than this and the boys using them seem happy. That marco spec ak 103 is the best you'll get in India imho.

that used to be the case...back then when 8-6 months CD course followed by 10-12 months MARCOS course
Now the actual selection has been shortened to 7-8 months and the probation period (not selection...probation otherwise like it happens in SEALs, SAS etc) is 6 months...so total it will take 1 year for a MARCO to be made combat ready

Selection is different, they'd have 2-3 months of diving, land and continuation training....probation is kinda like being in unit and performing good on exercises, training deployments, not actuall combat but other stuff .....all of this was said by Cdr Vijay Rawat on one of his interviews

In the marco and OG para units... the senior guys of the unit always consider the ones with 4-5 years of active service ones for actual leadership positions within the units as it takes them that much amount of time to get acquainted with combat procedures, small team tactics, their primary secondary and tertiary skills and combat exposure.
true that...it will still take 2-3 years and atleast 1 Kashmir deployment comes in between for a new MARCO...for him to be considered capable of understanding what it means to be an operator. For officers to be prahar commanders, like in the SEAL Teams to be squad or platoon commanders it takes 4-5 years, but for enlisted anywhere upto 6-7 years. Also by the time they'd be Lt Cdrs they'd still have some role in combat like Kashmir, anti piracy etc but they'd slowly start moving to more administrative tasks
Also unlike sailors, officers are not career operators at MARCOS, SEAL Teams or any such naval SOF unit....Officers have a billet, which means 2-3 years at a MARCO team then in order to be further promoted they'd have to do their postgraduation courses, serve as XOs, COs of warships...and all this is still while they're lieutenants which is the first six years of their service. So that is why more is expected out of them in training cause, every time they return from regular navy to their position, they'd be attached to a different prahar (team) and have to proove themselves. I mean no doubt so many officers just take the initiative in all those ops we saw in Kashmir with all those gallantry medals, because the sailors who are there forever once they were marooned in would not tolerate if an officer comming for a billet is not working hard enough to match their standards

that used to be the case...back then when 8-6 months CD course followed by 10-12 months MARCOS course
Now the actual selection has been shortened to 7-8 months and the probation period (not selection...probation otherwise like it happens in SEALs, SAS etc) is 6 months...so total it will take 1 year for a MARCO to be made combat ready

Selection is different, they'd have 2-3 months of diving, land and continuation training....probation is kinda like being in unit and performing good on exercises, training deployments, not actuall combat but other stuff .....all of this was said by Cdr Vijay Rawat on one of his interviews
Can u share the interview video?
AFAIK, Marcos probation is 3 months, just like in para SF.

Can u share the interview video?
AFAIK, Marcos probation is 3 months, just like in para SF.
Dont recall konsa wala tha...milega toh dal dunga yahan pe bro tujhe tag karke
And nehi bhai.....MARCOS dont have a probation like in Paras, only in Indian Army SF do they call their selection as a probation...duniya mei sari jagha probation means what it's meaning is "a trial period for new guys to evaluate their fit for a role and company culture." Now Para SF probation happens in their battalion only, they do not have a selection center for all battalions...which is fair I mean that is their uniqueness I guess.

Koi bhi Cdr Rawat ka interview utha le, he says the selection course for MARCOS is 1 month Build up phase, 2-3 months Combat diving, similarly land phase, by end of which you have Hell Week and then similar duration is Special Weapons & Tactics phase, similar to a continuation training

All right everyone Exams are here so I will go into reading mode only popping up here and there to keep up with the thread cya guys after exams hopefully we get good pics in this time period so I can be High on hopium

All right everyone Exams are here so I will go into reading mode only popping up here and there to keep up with the thread cya guys after exams hopefully we get good pics in this time period so I can be High on hopium
Sucker mine ended today

Best of luck

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back