Indian Special Forces

SAT 81 Indonasia teir 1 we aren't even close to being decent even in our own area we are far far away from even being decent and being taken seriously by NATO forces need to work hard and improve by miles.

Ok I am going again byee may the copium survives
1000070703.jpg1000070702.jpg1000070701.jpg1000070700.jpg

Last edited:
Which fairytale says that SG started all this? Honestly if this was asked by some regular fanboi then I had just said him/her to fck off but since its you who have a good knowledge of SF I will explain and bust these myths!

First of all CT wasn't started by SG, PARA Cdo and even regular infantry units were doing it much before inception of Spl Grp.

Secondly it was 9CDO with laid the blueprint for SPG, when Mrs. Gandhi was KIA, SG sent a team/sqn for immediate security detail of PM and Family. Then whole Nine was called in to take the task of PM security, SG was under 'NINE' and CO9 was also made the Grp Cdr of SG.

Now talking about NSG, the original plan was to convert nine and make it the first battalion of NSG but then Army Chief denied and SG sent two sqns(51&52 Coys, SFF) or Alpha and Bravo sqn of SG. But it was CO9 who laid the blueprint of it and 51SAG's first CO was from 9 only(Lt Col AK Verma), 52SAG got its CO from 1.
SG had to send two Sqns as it was laying without any Ops and useless anyways, SG and one more SFF Cdo unit got bashed by militants during Op BlueStar, Gen Brar the overall cdr of the Op in many interviews stated that SG was no better than Ghataks of normal infantry.

Now coming onto why its an Spec Ops Capable Airborne Infantry and not an SF!

FYKI there are only three forces which can be termed as SFs which are PARA SF, MARCOs and GARUDs which are under the armed forces. If a deputation unit like SG(SFF in general) is an SF then NSG is Super SF according to this logic as NSG is much better than SG in its mandates. Secondly when a deputation based unit(SG) is 70-80% made up of infantry and other arms then how can it be equal to SF? The only Spec Ops capability SG have is due to SF personal on deputation to it. If SG was so elite in its own then why it mandates that the Grp Crd(CO), Dpt. Grp Cdr(2IC), and all the Sqn Ldrs(Coy Cdrs) be from SF only?

Now as an bonus, I will bust another myth of yours that SG is some very secret covert unit of RAW, first of all SG is under SFF like any other V/A battalion, less Ops all other things are through SFF only. SFF as a whole is under DGS and not 'RAW'. Army HQ probably has more control on SG than so called RAW...

Warm Regards!
The kind of impression some of us have of SG is actually another unit i cant name but will say it rhymes with maybe something like a “D Wing”.

Those are the guys that conduct ops people think SG to conduct.

RAW didnt want military guys to conduct these ops and has invested CAPF guys in it.

Military guys come with a lot of baggage the RAW doesnt want to handle.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back