LCA TEJAS MK-I & MK-IA: News and Discussion

With the delay in delivery of GE F404 I wonder if HAL is building Mk1A's without engines and storing them. With just one -IN20 engine available, an aircraft could be completed, ground and flight tested and then have its engine removed to be used to complete and test the next frame. It would not take many hours to install engines on the tested frames when they became available.
They stored them last time with FOC delivery.

I remember the photo with 6 near completion jets in the hanger.

Last edited:
Ya'll In 1991, when the government was contemplating ending the LCA programme, Ratan Tata offered to take over and develop it. Would’ve been first big DCPP project back then.

1000001397.jpg

Last edited:
Ratan Tata - What a based guy, a based Indian.

India lost a real gem.

How so? He was retired for a while and wasn't doing anything. Yes he was a gem but the time has come and past. He lived a full rewarding life and contributed immensely to India's growth. Let's celebrate and honor his life by finding great talent to replace him.

How so? He was retired for a while and wasn't doing anything. Yes he was a gem but the time has come and past. He lived a full rewarding life and contributed immensely to India's growth. Let's celebrate and honor his life by finding great talent to replace him.

You know what I mean.
Even if he wasn't physically involved in TATA's operations he was symbolically important, an entrepreneur who was perceived to be more than just a businessman.

A proper example to emulate, for other Indian multi-millionaires and billionaires.

And yes to "...finding great talent to replace him."

You know what I mean.
Even if he wasn't physically involved in TATA's operations he was symbolically important, an entrepreneur who was perceived to be more than just a businessman.

A proper example to emulate, for other Indian multi-millionaires and billionaires.

And yes to "...finding great talent to replace him."
Every business empire has their own quirks and importance. They all have different practices.

One thing which works for one does not means it will work for other.

RT was not involved in day to day business of Tata group for long time now. TCS, Tata motors and other groups were being managed by their own CEO and management. Not sure what exactly, RT was contributing in them!​

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back