Modernisation of Indian Army Infantry

"the unit has" aur "fleet wide deployment" me thoda farq hota hai Sahab.
There are few exceptionally good sniper rifles in some units, but what's the scenario with the army as a whole?

Even if we ignore that fact that Mor is bit old (10 years I guess) and now you can have better option at lower cost, the biggest issue here is the lack of any magnification.

Tavor may look like a 10" barrel CQB carbine but remember, it has a full length 18" barrel. You need something to utilizes the full potential of the gun's range. Even a 3x would be better
Picsart_24-07-07_19-01-50-081 (1).jpg
MEPRO MMX3

Sig 716i ($990) beat out CAR 817 ($1200) and Galil ACE 7 ($1600) for the L1 order in 2018.

There were also competitive trials done as per photo below :

View attachment 12579

All this for a 72,400 rifle order in 2019 for $83 million and a 73,000 rifle order for $95 million in 2024 for a total of $178 million.

By comparison US Army wants 107,000 XM7 and 13,000 XM250 initially for $1.35 billion (taking 400,000 weapons max at $4.5 billion).

The Indian contract will give Sig Sauer the money needed to expand facilities and create volume for the US Army contract.

Any other country would have gone over the moon to market the whole military service with the world's largest importer factor as this is a dream contract.

Even J&K SOG wanted 500 Sig 716i rifles and I am not even including the Sig MPX and SG552/553 orders for NSG and various state level police.

.https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thehindu.com/news/national/other-states/jk-police-to-get-american-assault-rifles-pistols-for-anti-terror-operations/article38105328.ece/amp/

This is not about 'pride', this is pissing in your face and calling it rain level of arrogance by Sig Sauer.

I think the carbine tender should be given to Jindal-Taurus, SSS, MKU, Adani-PLR, Kalyan Systems, etc just to spite the Americans.

Dude, chill.

Who gives a f@ck what they display in their office.

We buy the things that meet our requirements.

Okay...let me make a 5 point Indian defence equipment proliferation Likert scale for you real quick

1. T91; "yaar ye sach me hai bhi!?"
2. PSG-1; "aakhri baar kab dekha tha?"
3. Vz.58; "dikh jaata hai kabhi kabhi"
4. M4; "kuch ho bada, dikh jaayega"
5. AK47; "aaj dopahar hi to dekha tha"

Now you tell me, in which category would you place this Mepro MMX3

Okay...let me make a 5 point Indian defence equipment proliferation Likert scale for you real quick

1. T91; "yaar ye sach me hai bhi!?"
2. PSG-1; "aakhri baar kab dekha tha?"
3. Vz.58; "dikh jaata hai kabhi kabhi"
4. M4; "kuch ho bada, dikh jaayega"
5. AK47; "aaj dopahar hi to dekha tha"

Now you tell me, in which category would you place this Mepro MMX3
PSG 1. Loved the reply😂

I have a question why did we choose new camo? if they are not even including it in their plans it was rolled out in 2022 after 2 years not even50% of the troops are wearing it let alone incorporating it in PCs,Helmets etc.
If I am not wrong only few psu are allowed to make things in new camo so other private players don't and can't make cover or bpj in new camo
Thats why mku supplied helmet with 1990 cover even when cover was not asked
This new camo is considered a weapons and army doesnt seem to use camo to hide itself but just to be pr cool

If I am not wrong only few psu are allowed to make things in new camo so other private players don't and can't make cover or bpj in new camo
Thats why mku supplied helmet with 1990 cover even when cover was not asked
This new camo is considered a weapons and army doesnt seem to use camo to hide itself but just to be pr cool
But if army is giving them the orders atleast buy the right thing supply them with the cloth how tough is that

They can barely get their shit straight with rifles, forget about a sidearm, let alone a proper one.

Says the German who lost like a bitch. When was the Last time the Germans did anything. Niggas here look they have nothing else to do but to bitch about IA all day. Nigguz get a job. Stop relying on welfare.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back