1965 Indo Pak War

Kashmir, yes. Lahore - there simply was not enough forces available for that task at that time. You must keep this in mind that back then, the Pakistanis enjoyed a significant numerical and qualitative edge over the Indian Army in terms of armor and artillery.
Plus, what would even be the point in taking something that you know for certain you'd need to give up afterwards anyway??

Better bargaining position. They would be willing to trade Kashmir to get Lahore back. And I do think that India had the capability of keeping Lahore. For starters, Pakistan was very low on supplies and logistics. They would not be able to sustain their combat operations once the IA severed that logistic artery from Karachi to Lahore and Islamabad.

Here is a good description of 1965 air war. I did not see the air action but will read the newspaper which on September 3rd, 1965; flashed the gunsight photos of Keelor shooting down the Pakistani Sabre jet. I was at Ambala during the war when Pakistani planes came to bomb the air installations. The black out was so complete that they could not see the airfield. They dropped the bomb randomly. One of them struck a hospital.

You can read more details of air actions in the following article:

Thread by Yew's Finest , this one ought be here

Ambush In Punjab: Decline & Fall of the Pakistani Army.
Most Indians know of Asal Uttar as the moment in history when Pak Armour rolled into a well laid Indian trap.
Few truly grasp the enormity of the event; of the coup the Indians pulled off in 'The Punjab'

View: https://x.com/FinestYew/status/1442471012176588800

======

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back