CI/CT Operations

• PARA SF group spots the terrorists just 150-200m away. Decides to set up ambush instead of opening fire immediately.

• The ambush group gets spotted by terrorists, terrorists open fire on own troops. In exchange of fire, 2 militants killed, 1 injured. 2 of our own killed in retaliatory fire.
----------------------------------------
Bad call... snipers would had been better for this imo.. I would support the closing distance while laying ambush tactic had they been doing the op under moonlight with GPNVG 18s but it was broad day. That's why foreign SFs spend huge chunk on sniper capabilities.
I will say this is our first success, a ray of hope. We were able to track them over extremely long distances and close the gap. Last-minute bad luck gave away our positions. Militants don't have the upper-hand anymore.
Too early to conclude this.. it was just one team and most probably this one was under the radar because of pilgrimage bus attack.. there are dozen+ teams. Also even in this op, we lost 2 SF guys... and multiple SF injured.. again a whole squad wiped out by jihadis

Ohkay so yesterday according to Snehesh -

• Trts tracked from Doda to Gagarmandu of Anantnag ~ 60-70 km through dense forest and mountains as high as 14000 ft. Not a small feet. If a PARA SF team is tracking them then it is hell of a feet.

• PARA SF group spots the terrorists just 150-200m away. Decides to set up ambush instead of opening fire immediately.

• The ambush group gets spotted by terrorists, terrorists open fire on own troops. In exchange of fire, 2 militants killed, 1 injured. 2 of our own killed in retaliatory fire.
----------------------------------------

I will say this is our first success, a ray of hope. We were able to track them over extremely long distances and close the gap. Last-minute bad luck gave away our positions. Militants don't have the upper-hand anymore.
But why did all the journos and OSINTs called them civilians? we would’ve been seeing images of dead pigs everywhere normally

Bad call... snipers would had been better for this imo.. I would support the closing distance while laying ambush tactic had they been doing the op under moonlight with GPNVG 18s but it was broad day. That's why foreign SFs spend huge chunk on sniper capabilities.

You are judging based on incomplete information and assumption.

It is possible snipers were present. But at 150-200 meters even naked Ak-47s will score direct kill.
It is possible the ambush team was waiting for the night but got detected earlier and hence had to engage.

Too early to conclude this.. it was just one team and most probably this one was under the radar because of pilgrimage bus attack.. there are dozen+ teams. Also even in this op, we lost 2 SF guys... and multiple SF injured.. again a whole squad wiped out by jihadis

As I said, first ray of hope. Previously terrorists just did hit & run and we were not even able to track them.

But why did all the journos and OSINTs called them civilians? we would’ve been seeing images of dead pigs everywhere normally

Civilian casaulties are seperate. One civilian (OGW) was killed, one injured.

Trust me if this story is true and there was a sniper paras would’ve use the snipers,anyways not the best decision to set an ambush after you spot them should’ve challenged them that would shake the pigs up but at the end we don’t know what was the situation can be possible that paras spotted 1-2 pigs and tried to get all 4.

Trust me if this story is true and there was a sniper paras would’ve use the snipers,anyways not the best decision to set an ambush after you spot them should’ve challenged them that would shake the pigs up but at the end we don’t know what was the situation can be possible that paras spotted 1-2 pigs and tried to get all 4.
Para sf aren't known for their sniper capabilities.. throughout the years before ceasefire, indian army was always at the receiving end of pakistani snipers. The situation was so bad that army had to contact vaid sir, requesting for steyr sniper rifles which were procured for JKP. It's only after the induction of sako TRG and some beretts, that we gained the capabilities but ceasefire was signed till then

Para sf aren't known for their sniper capabilities.. throughout the years before ceasefire, indian army was always at the receiving end of pakistani snipers. The situation was so bad that army had to contact vaid sir, requesting for steyr sniper rifles which were procured for JKP. It's only after the induction of sako TRG and some beretts, that we gained the capabilities but ceasefire was signed till then
Army did not have snipers not para,Paras have snipers since 90s I believe

It doesn't work like that, what you mentioned here is possible when the exact position of terrorists is known through multiple ISR. Challenging them is a suicide. We are debating on 10% of the actual information !

Army did not have snipers not para,Paras have snipers since 90s I believe
They had snipers but not a single op I heard where they neutralized the targets with long range sniper shots till this date. Sniper involvement is not in their CI/CT doctrine.. that's why you will always spot operators with pika lmgs but rarely snipers.. Para sf doctrine is just like army.. sheer firepower lol. They give more importance to MBGLs over snipers because their doctrine ensures that they have close range engagements over longer range ones

It doesn't work like that, what you mentioned here is possible when the exact position of terrorists is known through multiple ISR. Challenging them is a suicide. We are debating on 10% of the actual information !
Yep should wait for official confirmation

They had snipers but not a single op I heard where they neutralized the targets with long range sniper shots till this date
That’s what paras litreally do when was the last time they announced their ops? like this slim to none.
Also afaik between 2 HITS there is 1 sniper to assist still every situation is not sniper friendly and we don’t what the situation was maybe they had snipers but couldn’t use them or they just didn’t have one.

That’s what paras litreally do when was the last time they announced their ops? like this slim to none.
Also afaik between 2 HITS there is 1 sniper to assist still every situation is not sniper friendly and we don’t what the situation was maybe they had snipers but couldn’t use them or they just didn’t have one.
Bro I'm talking about valley CI/CT.. get me any picture where you spot a sniper.. we have hundreds of para sf images but not even a dozen photos of operators with snipers... no need to go back far, remember the kathua 1 para op? There is full squad photo after the operation with RR swain. You will spot multiple lmgs but not a single sniper in that photo

View attachment 6257
Not talking about cross border raids specifically brother
Bro I'm talking about valley CI/CT.. get me any picture where you spot a sniper.. we have hundreds of para sf images but not even a dozen photos of operators with snipers... no need to go back far, remember the kathua 1 para op? There is full squad photo after the operation with kathua SP. You will spot multiple lmgs but not a single sniper in that photo
You don’t need snipers most of the time in CI/CT the op in Which Paras are involved it’s either on the mountains or dense forest and you can’t use snipers in both cases that efficiently.

Respectfully this doesn’t mean shit
Snipers are most efficient when you know when and where your target will come from that’s all iam gonna say
Not true.. snipers doesn't always know their targets. They aren't always alone either. It's the job of spotters to relay that information to snipers. In this case, after the terrorists were spotted, instead of closing the distance further to lay an ambush, a spotter could had easily led to their elimination. Those who are saying, they were waiting for others to regroup, had they been killed with a suppressed sako their mates wouldn't even know what him them for a long time. Again, I'm just expressing my opinion

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back