Civil Aerospace Industry

Problem with that is Russian products are simply radioactive in the west. They will not even permit these planes to fly in their airspace. If India go for these and US, Canada, the EU, the West ban these airplanes, India would have to retaliate by banning any Airbus or Boeing plane and that is not even workable.

So basically a nonstarter.

Problem with that is Russian products are simply radioactive in the west. They will not even permit these planes to fly in their airspace. If India go for these and US, Canada, the EU, the West ban these airplanes, India would have to retaliate by banning any Airbus or Boeing plane and that is not even workable.

So basically a nonstarter.
India has such a hugh domestic market that, Amerike will regret for losing all those jobs and Airbus will never allow such lucrative market to be lost, so no just like their S 400 threat it will never happen. Irkut is Narrow Body Aircraft not a Wide Body never made for travel distance of not more than 6,000 K.M. so the issues never even arises. And MC 21 is the most advanced airline available and much better than the MAX a 60 years old design with manufacturing defects.

The Amerike in their Current economic situation can't think of alienating the world's fastest growing major economy. They don't have the situation to dictate to produce what and what not.

Last edited:
India has such a hugh domestic market that, Amerike will regret for losing all those jobs and Airbus will never allow such lucrative market to be lost, so no just like their S 400 threat it will never happen. Irkut is Narrow Body Aircraft not a Wide Body never made for travel distance of not more than 6,000 K.M. so the issues never even arises. And MC 21 is the most advanced airline available and much better than the MAX a 60 years old design with manufacturing defects.

The Amerike in their Current economic situation can't think of alienating the world's fastest growing major economy. They don't have the situation to dictate to produce what and what not.
in my opinion India will not get problems by building Russian aircraft, however the price of each aircraft is the main trouble, If india uses those aircraft domestically it will be okay however Russia will ask money, thus in my opinion india has more to win with Brazil.

Brazil offer aircraft with western components, thus they will certify the indian Made aircraft, with Russia I only see future in a common project since India could built the aircraft with Russian design but adding none russian components.

But well it is impossible to stop progress and eventually I am sure Brazil, China or India will have aviation industry of big sizes the question is always cooperation.

India could for example build light aircraft like Phenom which is a market less exploited or an Airbus assembly line or Boeing aircraft build with Indian components.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back