Electronics and Semiconductor Manufacturing Industry

Pls amend the title to include solar as well or better still create a thread on renewables or one exclusively on solar for this thread is getting cluttered
I think photovoltaics should be in electronics thread.

Members can create the thread if they wish to do so.

Someone needs to persuade those microcontroller, arm microprocessor producers to setup a JV here like STM, NXP, TI, Infineon koi bhi.

Except Infineon, all the other firms you listed are fabless. You can only license their designs and produce it. But that wouldn't solve our problems of having our own design talent in house.

Except Infineon, all the other firms you listed are fabless. You can only license their designs and produce it. But that wouldn't solve our problems of having our own design talent in house.

Ok, didn't know that, my point just was we need the microcontroller fabrication firms to setup a JV here.
Or atleast as a tech partner.

We also need to double up bringing in foreign component manufacturers, while simultaneously cultivating local companies to enter the field. Things such as the display, display glass, camera module, camera lens, the speakers and battery etc. The chinese for example are pretty much at 100% localisation. Newest Huawei phones are at almost 100%, with only RAM from korea, which will also be replaced in a few years. Other than the display glass by corning, no other component manufacturing has taken off from proposal here. Need even greater govt support

Ok, didn't know that, my point just was we need the microcontroller fabrication firms to setup a JV here.
Or atleast as a tech partner.

A semiconductor fabrication plant can make all semiconductor chips like microprocessors, microcontrollers, FPGA, ASIC etc. It is the fabrication node which matters like 28nm, 45nm, 65nm etc. In our case, we are building 28nm fab node which anyway is used these days to make microcontrollers, FPGA's and other custom chips. If you have a design making it is not problem.

VVDN in advanced stages of designing mobile phone for US brand: President

Indian electronics manufacturing company VVDN is in advanced stages of designing mobile phones with 5G support for an American brand, a top official told ET, adding that the company plans to invest $100 million in the next 3-5 years to expand capacity.
1729317024586.png

Read more at:

VVDN in advanced stages of designing mobile phone for US brand: President

Indian electronics manufacturing company VVDN is in advanced stages of designing mobile phones with 5G support for an American brand, a top official told ET, adding that the company plans to invest $100 million in the next 3-5 years to expand capacity.
View attachment 12698

Read more at:
Which brand? Apple?! I think we need a breakdown of companies all over world who manufacturer mobiles phones, let me search it.

Article goes into a good amount of detail on Kaynes semiconductors and their future plans.

Summary:
  • Kaynes Semicon aims to provide its cutting-edge chips across industries such as automotive, including EVs, consumer electronics, telecom, and phones
  • Kaynes Semicon wants to cash in on semiconductor boom and has already signed LoIs with four clients and has another six in the pipeline
  • At its upcoming plant, the company has set a target to produce 100 Mn semiconductor packages in the next one to two years

1729480361028.png
1729480382739.png
<images from the website, no infringement intended>

Which brand? Apple?! I think we need a breakdown of companies all over world who manufacturer mobiles phones, let me search it.
Either Google plans to make a sasta Pixel/Nexus or it's Motorola.

Apple designs their stuff themselves

Screenshot_146.png

From the article:
The co-developed chip could be customised for Indian use cases, for instance, the Indian Railways’ security system, Kavach, the person said. Also, Indian startups, companies, and the government can use the chip to support various apps which may emerge if the government makes it available under the AI mission, the official added.

If India is able to pull off this level of semiconductor investment, it could within 10 years create a Hi Tec manufacturing hub with cutting-edge, cheap technology being manufactured here.

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back