India at Olympics

All top players are already employed by the government. Neeraj Chopra works for the Indian Army,kishore Jena is with the CISF,Tajinderpal Singh Toor works for the Navy,Swapnil Kusale who won the Bronze medal today works for the Indian Railways.

Does they get 1cr salary like bcci??

Depist all the hula Gula, most athletes in India suffers from hugh debt repayment, in this case alreday in crore of rupees, and with little help from government support, and the IOC training and funding is not enough to cover all the funds nor training.

View: https://twitter.com/haldilal/status/1819218957334642922

comparing with BCCI salaries is simply apples to oranges.

Cricket in India is an entirely private entity, they can pay anything they want whereas Olympic associations depend on the government's funds. The government employs the athletes under sports quota and pays them salaries as per their rank structure.
Thats what i am saying, start giving them 1cr per year and make their mind free from bread and butter. And solid coach.. you will get result.

Bhai khali peet se medal nahin attte.

Depist all the hula Gula, most athletes in India suffers from hugh debt repayment, in this case alreday in crore of rupees, and with little help from government support, and the IOC training and funding is not enough to cover all the funds nor training.

This is out damn outrageous.

There are hardworking employees who don't get promoted even after 12-13 years. And here Sports quota employees are whining only after 9 years. Take your damn MACP and move on.

These damn athletes whatever may be their contribution to the country, their contribution to the department is zilch.

And they still get paid for doing nothing & the rest of the lot has to work extra hours to fill up for them.

You know why Government departments are so inefficient? It's because half of the department is filled with handicaps & athletes.

Pay them for their sports. Don't burden the gov. departments with these folks.

There are hardworking employees who don't get promoted even after 12-13 years. And here Sports quota employees are whining only after 9 years. Take your damn MSCP and move on.

These damn athletes whatever may be their contribution to the country, their contribution to the department is zilch.

And they still get paid for doing nothing & the rest of the lot has to work extra hours to fill up for them.

You know why Government departments are so inefficient? It's because half of the department is filled with handicaps & athletes.

welp my father played with dhoni, sachin and all ,played ranji league had 4 x 50kg katta full of trophies but when he shifted here in uttarakhand due to financial issues here there wasnt any funding grants or any other thing not even good grounds rest followed he is doing business now thats when cricket was the biggest thing in india buddy
(he does have very good stories to tell though i would post some of those here soon)

btw he never let me go full into sports is because of this :roflb: i loved badminton and all too hehe

There are hardworking employees who don't get promoted even after 12-13 years. And here Sports quota employees are whining only after 9 years. Take your damn MACP and move on.

Harbhajan singh says hello.. :bplease:

1722576594721.png

welp my father played with dhoni, sachin and all ,played ranji league had 4 x 50kg katta full of trophies but when he shifted here in uttarakhand due to financial issues here there wasnt any funding grants or any other thing not even good grounds rest followed he is doing business now thats when cricket was the biggest thing in india buddy
(he does have very good stories to tell though i would post some of those here soon)

btw he never let me go full into sports is because of this :roflb: i loved badminton and all too hehe
I didn't mean to offend anyone. But people in the department do despise the sports quota people & for legitimate reasons.

I think now a days playing in Ranji Trophy secures a Gov. Job. Even club football players get quota. One only has to know the avenue to secure the certificates & stuff to avail one.

Thats what i am saying, start giving them 1cr per year and make their mind free from bread and butter. And solid coach.. you will get result.

Bhai khali peet se medal nahin attte.
The money should depend on what you bring to the table.

But the core issue is that why do players have to spend huge amount of money on training. We have sports stadium and Infra in every state; at least in state capitals. The training there should be borne by the states and central sports ministries.

Players kit, physiotherapies, doctors' appointments, their diet plan all should be done by Govt paid professionals.

With close to $4T economy, we should be able to afford atleast this much!

Ranji these days give good yearly packages of upto 50lacs per season. A large number of domestic players don't want to go to international team and content with Ranji contracts.

But the core issue is that why do players have to spend huge amount of money on training. We have sports stadium and Infra in every state; at least in state capitals. The training there should be borne by the states and central sports ministries.

Players kit, physiotherapies, doctors' appointments, their diet plan all should be done by Govt paid professionals.

Ya'll I had a lengthy discussion with Jedi Operators who is Amanda that every top athletes is getting all all support, Aab mein kya bolu?. This is not a isolated incident.

Reactions: SKC

TARGET OLYMPIC PODIUM SCHEME (TOPS)​

https://sportsauthorityofindia.nic.in/sai/target-olympic-podium

TARGET OLYMPIC PODIUM SCHEME (TOPS)​

https://sportsauthorityofindia.nic.in/sai/target-olympic-podium

Too late and not enough and dedicated to getting Top players an Olympic quota. Stipend of merely 50K.

Discussion is on the grass root level of training in district level > state level > national level. If a player is identified young with brilliant sports talent, then the basic training at various levels should be either govt funded or highly subsidized.

We need to have wide industrial base and facility to refill the CO2 cartridges for cheap. Only then we could compete in such niche sport. Each shot would cost 20-25 rs during his practice.

I didn't mean to offend anyone. But people in the department do despise the sports quota people & for legitimate reasons.

I think now a days playing in Ranji Trophy secures a Gov. Job. Even club football players get quota. One only has to know the avenue to secure the certificates & stuff to avail one.
talking bout 95-2005 period they still had govt job options (but pitaji didnt select when i asked the reason he said he was childish and foolish at that time hehe)

didnt select any sport quota too after that he came into civil building business and all and time passed away (he still didnt regret his decisions he says thats what matter for me)

You know India hires physio and coaches from abroad that is why the cost spent on individual skyrockets.

Until we have top the line physio, coaches, nutrionists, trainers and sports mechanics we would still be a underachieving nation.

You know India hires physio and coaches from abroad that is why the cost spent on individual skyrockets.

Until we have top the line physio, coaches, nutrionists, trainers and sports mechanics we would still be a underachieving nation.
We need more budget nowadays, if want to win more medals, many thinks 4k crore for 4 years readiness for Olympics is enough but to be frank other countries spent more, they have hugh sport universities programmes witj wealthy Donors plus the sponsorship there is large compared to use on just number of players, not just limited to top ones, they have many programs directly and indirectly benefit us a culture of sports encouragement that needs to be done here from ground to the top levels.

manu bhaker in qualification action now , esha singh did pretty good
somehow idiot mods at jiocinema don't show matches of qualification rounds but shows other useless matches
indian archery mixed won but face china in quarters , every damn time we are facing china and they are knocking us out from medal matches.

Last edited:
Too late and not enough and dedicated to getting Top players an Olympic quota. Stipend of merely 50K.

Discussion is on the grass root level of training in district level > state level > national level. If a player is identified young with brilliant sports talent, then the basic training at various levels should be either govt funded or highly subsidized.

another way to look at the same inference..

TOPS is an outcome of lobbying done by sports personalities in 2014, because it is central gormint related, negotiations must have happened with one set of bureaucrats.

is there scope for improvement? yes.
are we sure, similar focus will be given in next gormint? we don't know.

now for grassroots, similar exercise has to happen at state levels. state level means lobbying with 30 different sets of gormint babus.

but it is not the case that nothing else exists.

- odisha state govt is the patron for hockey.
- telugu states is patron for badminton.
- haryana is patron for wrestling.
- jharkhand is patron for archery(not sure).

etc. etc

it is not a case of binary, all or nothing. whatever progress that needs to be made, has to be built on existing base.

but ideal scenario seems to be, sports personalities coming up a proposals for other grassroots levels to fill the gaps within their own domains, which keeps gormint's role minimal outside of infra and financing.

We do hire foreign coaches and support staff but our Babudom ensure they leave early or don't continue the second term.

Many of the foreign coaches faces issues with getting salaries on time with many facing months long delays. Things they request from babus are not cleared on time which ends up frustrating them and they leave early or don't continue after their contract expires.

Currently our Archery delegation is with a Head Coach.

finally good news from archery, they are in semis. that service guy is good.
manu bhaker's amazing 2nd rank in qualifications , just need to better this for final round tomorrow and come back with a gold.
almost on verge of beating australians in hockey. good day so far

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back