India at Olympics

Axelsen is freak of the nature. If you look at the past Lindan , Lee chongwei, Chen long etc were sub 180+-5guys.

LCW managed 15-13 record vs 15 cm taller Chen long, , although 7-9 in finals.

Badminton sport is about coming back to center as quickly as possible after every shot because from center you can reach any where in court. Long legs help in badminton more than the long upper body and seeing both sen and axelsen both have similar leg length, not that much difference.

Lakshya is 5 11 and Victor is 6 2
I doubt 3 inches make all the difference, Victor is the best player in badminton at the current moment so there is not much to be sad over. Besides 6 ft and above criteria will filter 90% of the sporting population

Rest mental toughness will be seen in the next match, let's see if Lakshya can still win after taking a loss.
He is 5'9". Just looking at the picture Victor is way above the net. It means he can keep all his shots inside the court with a better eye on the back line. I am not saying he can not be defeated. Looking at the score I can further see the Indian planners got panicked after losing the first set and asked Sen to capitalise on Victor's weakness (which must have been detected) during the first set.

If I were the coach I should have asked Sen to let the game be played the same way it was played in the first set; to keep equal, in balance and capitalize on Victor's weakness after 18 points.

Sen led him 7-0 in the second set then got busted.

Axelsen is one of the all-time GOAT's of the sport.

Axelsen has this characteristic where he goes on to win a streak of points. It's not Sen choking, it's Axelsen raising his level.

There are times when Indian athletes choke under pressure. This match isn't one of those.
Axelsen is reigning Tokyo Gold medalist. He is a freaking beast.

I am eternally bpilled,sheeit like this doesn't affect me much💀
ahh...get over it mate. losing game against best world player is natural. but winning some sets is always increase his confidence. sen is 22 year old, he hv atleast two more olympic to participate. coz their whole family is associated with badminton, he is going to improve more.

You guys watching Alcaraz vs Djoker final. It's a sight to watch.. It's beautiful.

reigning champion belgium is out of hockey , india will play germany or argentina in semis,
anyways i have lost hope with paris olympics. it's FUBAR for us.

reigning champion belgium is out of hockey , india will play germany or argentina in semis,
anyways i have lost hope with paris olympics. it's FUBAR for us.
Semis will be India vs Germany and Netherlands vs Spain
Overal Ind-Ger record 5-4 with 3 draws
In last 5 games India beat Germany 4 times and 1 was draw,there's a chance that we can go to finals.
We'll most definitely get a silver if we face Netherlands in finals,since we didn't win a single game in last 5 matches against Netherlands

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back