India at Olympics

How will the tally look, after, lets say, 30 years from now:-

View attachment 5236

What definitive "leap frogging" process can be initiated so that we can get at-least 10-12 medals on an average per Olympic?
This is present olympics standing in olympics, pathetic, really pathetic, India's medals tally doesn't look like a tally of 1 billion plus people but a tally of some pacific developed island whose main business is tourism and whose population does not even reach Punjab.
Also, question to everyone, if I am not wrong wrestling was not included in this olympics right?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is present olympics standing in olympics, pathetic, really pathetic, India's medals tally doesn't look like a tally of 1 billion plus people but a tally of some pacific developed island whose main business is tourism and whose population does not even reach Punjab.
Also, question to everyone, if I am not wrong wrestling was not included in this olympics right?
Would it have been any different?

What a shame!

The other day, I was reading in the paper that Ukraine lost almost 500 athletes to the war, including several former Olympians and current Paris 2024 medal prospects. Much of their training facilities were bombarded, reducing them to rubble. The remaining athletes were either forced to take refuge in other countries or drafted for war. Despite this, they managed to win 6 medals, including 2 gold, 1 silver, and 3 bronze.

Selection committee is responsible. What Baichung Bhutia said is true. This is not just restricted to sports. Undeserving are serving in government jobs. And others join defence forum to vent out their frustration.

Thanks to Manu Bhaker who saved Indians from ultimate beizzatti of zero medals

Last edited:
Put a little more thought to it. Swimming is an expensive sport, cost of constructing and operating a swimming pool is immense.
Promote swimming like nothing else. You'll be in top 10 within 2 Olympics.

Both Australia and US's major chunk of medals come from swimming events.
It is costly but not that costly compared to many other Olympic sports.

However it is a very systemetic sport. We need really tall swimmers to make any impact on global scene. usually need over 6'2"-6'6" swimmers.

Check the current Chinese swimmers all are really tall.

Put a little more thought to it. Swimming is an expensive sport, cost of constructing and operating a swimming pool is immense.
No it's not that expensive. Maintaing a district level cricket stadium is more expensive than Olympic size swimming pools. Even the monthly training fee is far more expensive than swimming.

All we need is promotion. Promote it heavily in Rajastan, Haryana, Pb. People from these states are tall, and can compete well with the US-Aus counterparts if trained well.

No it's not that expensive. Maintaing a district level cricket stadium is more expensive than Olympic size swimming pools. Even the monthly training fee is far more expensive than swimming.

All we need is promotion. Promote it heavily in Rajastan, Haryana, Pb. People from these states are tall, and can compete well with the US-Aus counterparts if trained well.
We need to do logical screening of the athletes during childhood itself. There is certain physique suitable for each sport and we need to sort players accordingly.

Badminton, Tennis, Swimming needs taller players. High agility is required in TT, Badminton.

It should not be - "I feel I can do good in this game" attitude.

We need to do logical screening of the athletes during childhood itself. There is certain physique suitable for each sport and we need to sort players accordingly.

Badminton, Tennis, Swimming needs taller players. High agility is required in TT, Badminton.

It should not be - "I feel I can do good in this game" attitude.
My confirmation bias led me to this article. Interestingly it is written by an Indian.

View: https://medium.com/redefining-sport-science/profiling-and-benchmarking-in-sports-b3fc64a98152

Latest Replies

Featured Content

Trending Threads

Donate via Bitcoin - bc1qpc3h2l430vlfflc8w02t7qlkvltagt2y4k9dc2

qrcode
Back